The online racing simulator
3D LFS renders
(8487 posts, started )
Yea I made one for myself. Vraymaterials.de is meka for Vray users. Brazil sucks, because it doesnt have materials etc, but for Vray you can find like 20 different chrome materials etc.
Quote from okijuhans :http://www.cg-cars.com/forum/g ... ps-wallpaper_3dcenter.jpg

Vray studio. Ok thats the plane, but is that plane with so sharp edges like you can see in Brazil scene ?

Its unrealistic when plane is with sharp edges. I dont know a real life light that gives such a effect.

You are 3D guy and you talk like that.

I'm just using the same IanH scenes as a lot of other people here, I know bugger all about the render engines or lighting. I hardly even use 3ds MAX now.
Quote from okijuhans :
Vray studio. Ok thats the plane, but is that plane with so sharp edges like you can see in Brazil scene ?

Its unrealistic when plane is with sharp edges. I dont know a real life light that gives such a effect.

You are 3D guy and you talk like that.

They are both realistic, it is just a different lighting setup. In real life photography, photograher tends to use large lightbox above their shooting objects, to give a more even lighting. And that is where the sharp edge come in to view. Some photograher will adjust the lightbox position so that it will not be seen so obvious in the shot.
However, some reflections are needed on the glass, otherwise it will look like no glass on the car.

Remember...3D render can do things that real life can't. for example I can make a light plane to generate light only but not visible in the reflection by clicking an option to make the plane invisible to camera. But that is not real, you can't do that in real life. Just like in the old days where artist will airbrush out some harsh reflections that they don't want to see.

I have no problems with what renderer people use to render. But what is important is the lighting set up. Some I've seen are too dark which will need some light to bounce on the darkest area to obtain details of the car. But some are flooded with too much light and look like a 2D cartoon.
I've taken the reflection ring from the scene with the Suzuki GSXR and turned the output down to 1.7 and tested it with a car, it looks better on the car I tested it on than having the reflection plane above the car. I might need a combo of the 2 though.
Attached images
Concept car scene test.jpg
Concept car scene test2.jpg
AS you can see, its better now
Quote from LineR32 :I've taken the reflection ring from the scene with the Suzuki GSXR and turned the output down to 1.7 and tested it with a car, it looks better on the car I tested it on than having the reflection plane above the car. I might need a combo of the 2 though.

is that an edited FO8?
your window glass material is not right. It shouldn't be that dark which you can't see through the rear windscreen to view the white background colour.
Quote from Bose321 :is that an edited FO8?

Yep, it's based on 1 of the cars from Ridge Racer Type 4.
Quote from okijuhans :Fixed some problems - give that a second go. If anybody sees something wrong please tell me.

http://pes.pri.ee/kraam/XRR_test5.png

Make the Fog lights real (keep the textured bit and detach it, find out how to make it look like real glass) and maybe do the same with the indicators. That would make it more realistic.

Rendered this while playing Worms on my DS.
Attached images
Assoluto concept car.jpg
Just want to know how to put a shadow in Vray?

newbie here in Vray
hi all
please i need some help!

can anyone tell me, where i can download rims? ( for Blender )

... what´s the best pogramm for 3D Renders ?

thx =)
---
Inter| kart608
Quote from Deejayyaj :Just want to know how to put a shadow in Vray?

newbie here in Vray

Lol, you cant put a shadow. You have to modify settings etc for that. Ill send you a PM. You have blocked that so....
Quote from okijuhans :Lol, you cant put a shadow. You have to modify settings etc for that. Ill send you a PM. You have blocked that so....

I tried all the setting in Vray but it keeps on messing the scene lol
when ever i render the scene there's no shadow under the car...
hahaha lol what im I doing wrong

But the car is quite ok.
just put a something under the car, then a light in the scene, like in real life...
Quote from tikshow :just put a something under the car, then a light in the scene, like in real life...

here we go again tikshow, before it was the Brazil im having problem with, but its ok now.

And now im with this Vray... lol
You dont need plains, just check my PM :P Lets do that in easier way.
Quote from Deejayyaj :.

the scene looks dark because you can't see trough the lights
first try to make that tutorial: http://www.cgarena.com/freestu ... rials/max/studiolighting/
then make different environment, and different position and angles for the lights it isn't hard, good luck! - just the answer for your pm, because i can't send it for you, for some reasons
okijuhans very nice renders!! got a new wallpaper now
=)
hey! thx ths site is really nice! but i think i need an other pogramm

can i anywhere download autodesk3D max or something like that for free ?

--
Inter| kart608
blender is free, other programs from "other" sites
thx m8 =)

3D LFS renders
(8487 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG