The online racing simulator
Yes, Vray is my passion.
Crommi, nice model you got there did you make it all by your'e self or did you get the model from somewhere and then modify it?
T.J. , how exactly did you brake your'e mouse like that? seems unreal I recently broke my G15 by filling it up with about 1 litre of Sprite (by accident, ofcourse) but the lcd work's just fine
The mouse stopped working and I just lost it.
Testing
Attached images
kerb.jpg
Sweet, but wheels would be better if mid-high poly.
Happy New Year every body!

A friend gave me a trophy scene he found somewhere on the net and I modded it in order to celebrate the Team Championship we won in OLFSL this season (a bit exaggerated, I know, but what the heck? how often we win a championship these days? )
Attached images
rend_cup2008_01.jpg
rend_cup2008_03.jpg
rend_cup2008_04.jpg
-
(zonda722) DELETED by zonda722
hey plz can u render this to 1900-somthing res thankks!!! plus not a public skin
Attached images
FXR_funkay!.jpg
I guess the americans can have laugh now..
Quote from zonda722 :hey plz can u render this to 1900-somthing res thankks!!! plus not a public skin

try the "render my skin" section
First Scirocco render
Hi guys. Just wanted to drop my latest lfs render
It's a part of series. Front, side and back POVs are on the way. It's based on the model that someone here squized out of CMX, thanks . I had to correct some smoothing groups and add few edges just to tight things up. All materials are reworked in Fry Material editor. It's rendered in Fryrender by the way.
There are custom tires, rims and front lights. Not really visible at this angle
VW badge is modeled too.

If you're interested in it you can check my FZR wip on my blog as well.
It's one of those looong wips Maybe I'll finish it some day lol
Attached images
lfs_sc_top_web.jpg
Working Time: 2 month 3D Software: Autodesk 3ds Max RenderEngine: VRay 2D Software: photoshop

Car and motor - 2 months
Looks like someone had to spent a lot of time modeling all these details Where did you find these pics?

I use Vray to make archviz because its ideal for many light bounces (interiors) and animations. Lightcache is something special indeed.

Productviz is a different story. Less GI bounces, faster renders. I switched to Fry a year ago because I believe that a true future lies in this technology.
It's physically based all the way, not like Vray which lacks a physical material model. Besides this Fry is unbiased. Imagine rendering same scene using Vray PPT or QMC+QMC it would take days, and would be still biased... Fry, Maxwell, Indigo etc. are simply faster when you need highest quality.

15 hours was long but it was on my old system. Now it would be ready after 6 hours.
Quote from SpyDa-LV :Crommi, nice model you got there did you make it all by your'e self or did you get the model from somewhere and then modify it?

I feel little uneasy using something that I haven't created myself, so car exterior is made following Maya Modeling Techniques: Automotive, by Digital Tutors when I started practising Maya. Interior plus engine are being made from scratch using reference photos.
You guys are from another planet... rendering alliens, I almost feel embarrassed to post anymore

Anyway, here comes another one, again for the olfsl title (the character was imported from poser, the picture frame was added with psp).

PS. okijuhans, thanks for the kind words about the trophy.
Attached images
rend_olfsl2008_04.jpg
Quote from migf1 :You guys are from another planet... rendering alliens, I almost feel embarrassed to post anymore

Anyway, here comes another one, again for the olfsl title (the character was imported from poser, the picture frame was added with psp).

PS. okijuhans, thanks for the kind words about the trophy.

Lighting is kinda odd... Where did you get those people btw?
There are only 2 lights, one targeted dirctional from up left and an ambient-only omni in front and a little above the bended "olfsl blah blah" text.

Characters (people) are imported from Poser (as I already mentioned )
Quote from migf1 :There are only 2 lights, one targeted dirctional from up left and an ambient-only omni in front and a little above the bended "olfsl blah blah" text.

Characters (people) are imported from Poser (as I already mentioned )

Well, i dunno anything about this. Is it a plugin or something?
Scirocco side view
Here's another render of the series
Attached images
lfs_sc_side_web.jpg

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG