The online racing simulator
Fallout 3
(325 posts, started )
I found an easy (not too easy tho, takes some time) way to make money!

Spoiler...

If you buy the lab for your house, you can produce potions. You can produce one random potion every 24 hours. So what you do is...

Go to your lab table and produce a potion. Then go to your bed and sleep for 24 hours. Go back to your lab table and collect the potion. Do this as many times as you want, then go and sell the potions!

I did this for about an hour and made roughly 1600 credits. It's not the fastest way, and quite boring too... but it's still "infinite" money.
^ Okay, I'm starting a new game, and I'm trying to not kill the Overser.....ideas how?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :^ Okay, I'm starting a new game, and I'm trying to not kill the Overser.....ideas how?

Dialogue - one of the options you get ends with him standing in a corner calling for his guards and you can just walk out on him.
I killed the Overseer, is that bad?
Not unless it was in self-defense and you didn't kill the deputy.
Did i miss something? What is the/an Overseer?

EDIT: Ok, got it... lack of english skills, and i am playing the game in german. Hehe!
The Overseer is who keeps your Vault safe. The Overseer is great and you must obey him for he wants only what's best for everyone in the Vault.
Pretty sure he made the first move, whatever, his daughter wasn't too impressed when I smeared his face on the floor.......
Quote from xaotik :The Overseer is who keeps your Vault safe. The Overseer is great and you must obey him for he wants only what's best for everyone in the Vault.

Which answer did you select in the multiple choice test, last question? Hehe!
That is a trick question :P

I got told I'd be a clinical test subject on the GOAT
Quote from DieKolkrabe :
I got told I'd be a clinical test subject on the GOAT

Haha! Nice one!

I was told i'd be a "loyalty inspector"...

A fried of mine selected all the "bad" answers in the test (violent, mental, etc.), and he ended up as a pip-boy programmer! Pretty accurate i would say...
I am a "waste supervisor", which I think means sh*t shoveller........

edit: (spoiler)

Am I the only one who missed the +10 bobblehead on your fathers desk at the beginning of the game?
Nope, I missed that BOTH times. Too busy trying to do creative maintenence (aka sabotage)
Quote from danowat :Potential spoiler alert.......

I gained a sniper rifle from a random Raider in the wastelands in the first hour of the game. Ammo is hard to come by and when you can buy it usually it is a small amount. So if you do gain a sniper rifle, use it only when necessary.

When you shoot a gun from someone's hands it appears to fall on the ground, but really it stays with that character. You can retrieve it from their body once you kill them. While this is unrealistic it saves you the trouble of trying to find the object in such a colourless and cluttered landscape.
I know this doesn't help you in the minefield scenario but there's your answer I guess.
So even though you shoot the gun from their hands, they still have it and it doesn't fall to the ground?, that actually blows a fair bit.

In that case, there is no way to get the sniper rifle without killing him.
There is later on in the game :P
Ok, there is no way to get THAT sniper rifle without killing him.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :^ Okay, I'm starting a new game, and I'm trying to not kill the Overser.....ideas how?

You got ONE guess as to whose legs I shot off (see earlier post)

[edit] Realised that a MAJOR glitch in this game, that is: the one thing that would make this teh ultimate pwnage...

NO MULTIPLAYER [/edit]
I got MP in the Steam version, through GFW :P

And ha, I went nuts on everybody in that room, took out the Overseer, the deputy, the guards, then killed everyone in the vault...

And I feel remorseful, it's the only game I've played where it's made me stop and think about my actions
Why is it always the leg that has all the major vital organs in this game? (Im in the beginning, just left megaton) I killed 2 raiders with 2 shots out of a 10mm.... in the knees....
ROFL..Just completed the easiest quest in the history of quests!!! See below for spoiler!

In the Moira Book quest, chapter 2, she asks you to get injured, preferably critically...just go out the door and jump over the railing...you will smash your leg, thus meeting the criteria...just go back up to the store and collect the XP rewards! For getting irradiated, just stand next to teh bomb for 5 minutes!
Quote from squidhead :Why is it always the leg that has all the major vital organs in this game? (Im in the beginning, just left megaton) I killed 2 raiders with 2 shots out of a 10mm.... in the knees....

It's not so much vital organs as the fact that they run out of total hitpoints no matter where you hit them, which I find a bit flawed - but I guess the alternative would be more complicated.

Best dungeon crawl I've been in so far has been the Dunwich Building - at the southwest-most of the map; it's the first dungeon I've actually had to use the flashlight (well, pipboylight) in. Fantastic atmosphere.

PS. Don't miss out on the audiologs - the first bunch can be found on a chair to your left as you first enter the building.
@ Gunn, I am fairly sure you are incorrect about the "shooting gun out of hands and gun still remains on body" thing, I shot the sniper rifle out of his hands, he bum rushed me with a lead pipe, so I knifed him, low and behold, no sniper rifle, and no chance to find it in the rubble.

So I reloaded the game, blew his head off, and funnily enough, search his head, and there was the sniper rifle!!!!.

Spoilers below....

Lucas simms is dead, it seems as though he just dropped dead for some reason, I told he about Burke wanting to blow Megaton up, he went and saw Burke, I followed them to the bar, then they left the bar and Lucas dropped dead outside, anyone know what happened?.

On a positive note, I brought the "Rock-it" schematics off Moira, man thats a funny weapon, belting someone in the head with bottle of abraxo!!!!
Quote from danowat :Spoilers below....

Burke blows his brains out AFAIK.
What's cool is though that you can screw everyone in the Megaton deal and wipe out both Megaton and Tenpenny tower. Hee hee.

If you shoot the weapon out of their hands then you can rush to where it fell and pick it up before they do - if you blow them away, no matter where their weapon falls you can always retrieve it from their inventory, which in turn is amusingly available by searching any fragment of their body or even their ashes if you blast them with an energy weapon.

EDIT:
Seems like a patch for the PC version is incoming - perhaps it will solve some of the random CTDs:
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=282407
I am really loving the atmosphere of the game....potential spoilers....

I love minefield, the empty houses with suitcases packed ready to leave, skeletons on the beds, coupled with the letters in the mailboxes from vault-tec saying that their application has been rejected, but their deposit has been kept is really eerie.
You can kinda feel the anguish in those poor skeletons, not being able to get into a shelter and doomed to die.

Fallout 3
(325 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG