The online racing simulator
Fallout 3
(325 posts, started )
Ok, thanks guys.
My character is now pretty tough, he can take most people down with one shot of the hunting rifle!!

The only thing that is grating on me a little bit, is trying to find your way through the rubble and ruins of DC, I am trying to find my way to the national archives ATM, and it's proving to be a right pain in the hole.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I'm not totally sure how the hacking works, I search for the hidden codes so I can get rid of the duds, then I just look for the word that stands out the most, seems to work most of the time.

Basically, I look for all the words that look the same, so all the words with "ing" or "tion", then select one of them, this will tell me if the word has "ing" or "tion" in it, then using the "correct letters", which tell you which letters of the selected word are in the EXACT place as the password, usually means you can deduce it in 2 or 3 attempts.

Notable things, firstly, once you get to 3 attempts, exit out of the computer, because if you mess up the 4th, you'll lock the terminal for good.

Secondly, there is a mission that gives you a lab coat, by wearing this labcoat, you get +10 to your hacking skill, which means you can get most terminals even with a fairly low hacking level.
Also, if someone could give me a clue how to find the friggin national archives building, I'd appreciate it.
Quote from danowat :Also, if someone could give me a clue how to find the friggin national archives building, I'd appreciate it.

Start from Rivet City, then head to the first metro station you can find... i'm not sure about the name anymore, but it's the one at the bottom of the map, close to rivet city... name starts with an A. You'll have to walk one "stop" to the next station (yes, through the metro) and go to the surface again. From there you should find it.
Anacostia?
Yes, that's it. Anacostia Crossing. Number 97 on this map...

http://images1.wikia.nocookie. ... es//d/d6/Wastelandmap.png

And if i remember correctly, you have to go one stop from there, to the "seward" station (number 7D on the map). Then walk to the national archives (78 on the map).
Cheers mate
Bring ammunition (quite a few enemies around (and inside) the national archives)!
I got weapons and ammo coming out the wazzoo ATM!!!! (it's very plentiful)
Talking about ammo - since it's weightless and all, by the time I found a minigun and decided to use it out of frustration on a bunch of supermuties that were holed up in a ruin and wouldn't let me through I had enough ammo for it to fire for ~3 minutes straight (well, with whatever pauses reloading required). Which I did. The body part shower was like the latest Rambo flick. I must say I really like the spooling up sound of that gun.
I wonder if giving the ammo weight would have made the game too hard?.

At the moment I have 5mm ammo and shotgun shells overflowing out of my pockets.
Well... the ammo for the Rock-it-Launcher does add weight to your pockets, if that counts.

I just love that weapon. I've killed a huge ant queen with it... i think i've shot about 20 coke bottles into her face... and a few dishes and frying pans.

I usually find ammo everywhere, and also buy a little now and then when i go to a shop to sell some stuff. Ammo really isn't an issue anymore (which i like... nothing worse than having to worry about ammo).
Quote from jibber :I usually find ammo everywhere, and also buy a little now and then when i go to a shop to sell some stuff. Ammo really isn't an issue anymore (which i like... nothing worse than having to worry about ammo).

But thats my point, maybe you SHOULD have to worry about it.

The rock-it launcher (yes, its very satisfying taking someones head off with a frying pan!!!) is a good example, in a post apolcalyptic world, something like that could be possible, and yes, ammo has weight, which is good.

Would it really be so easy to find as much ammo as you can?, obviously buying it is fine, and finding it in raider camps, but there seems to be so much strewn around the wasteland, that combined with the fact it doesn't weight anything makes the game a little unbalanced in favour of the player.
Hmmm...

So far i haven't really had a "heavy use" of ammo. I usually try to win fights with using as little ammo as possible. Therefor, i have plenty. But if i would be trigger happy, i think i would run out from time to time.

I like it more if a game is giving me a challenge in form of tough enemies (not like the enemies in Fallout would make me shit my pants so far tho), instead of having to worry about something like ammo. After all, the enemies have infinite ammo aswell.
Quote from jibber :After all, the enemies have infinite ammo aswell.

Are you sure about that?, I have on many occasions been fighting a raider, who has seemingly ran out of ammo and then either run off, or attempt to beat me down with fists/baseball bat.
Never happend to me (except for them occasionally running away). Maybe i don't let them live long enough...

What i know for certain... if you team up with somebody else, you can look into their inventory, and they never run out of ammo. They always carry the same ammount of bullets. --> Guy has 20 shotgun shells... runs around, shooting enemies... check again, 20 shotgun shells.
Quick heads up
Started a new game with Sagermod activated.

I have to say the gameplay feels much better now thanks to slower leveling and more ruthless battles. Can't figure out why Bethesda thought the V.A.T.S God mode was a good idea in the first place.
Quote from danowat :I wonder if giving the ammo weight would have made the game too hard?

We will find out sooner or later as modders are on the case even without the Construction Kit. However, I think it would add to the game - it was a useful element in Stalker for example, forced you to make choices and not just pick up everything. In FO3 for example, with the abundance of ammo around I'm surprised people even bother to barter with bottlecaps. You can also make a mint by selling off ammunition if you decide not to use a specific weapon type.

Quote from spankmeyer :Started a new game with Sagermod activated.

I have to say the gameplay feels much better now thanks to slower leveling and more ruthless battles. Can't figure out why Bethesda thought the V.A.T.S God mode was a good idea in the first place.

My only issue with that is that all NPCs are more vulnerable - traders simply don't stand a chance against multiple opponents, even raiders, and definetely need more than a single badly armed bodyguard with them. I guess that'll be resolved as soon as people are able to mod NPCs and levelled lists or add new travelling traders that show up to take up the place of the deceased (which would really be the optimum solution in terms of immersion).

I think the VATS damage was reduced to avoid things like having a supermutant brute sledgehammer you into a pulp in slow motion because the PC can't move, which is a common occurance when getting into combat without having the upper hand, which in turn is a common occurance for players who are used to winning always and by all means being awesome at all times.
Does anybody know if there is something that can help you to breath underwater? I want to explore the broken part of the ship in rivet city, but half of it is flooded... and it seems i die rather quickly if i just try to "dive and hold my breath".
I found something quite annoying while I was playing last night. I was trying to reach the mole rats to test some repellent on them, and there were a few raiders in the way. Since the sewer had mines all over it I thought I would be okay, but the mines were not going off when the raiders walked over them. Then while fighting one they stood on a mine, nothing happened, but when I walked over to them to hit them in the face with my sword the mine blew up.
Quote from jibber :Does anybody know if there is something that can help you to breath underwater? I want to explore the broken part of the ship in rivet city, but half of it is flooded... and it seems i die rather quickly if i just try to "dive and hold my breath".

Once you get in the broken part of the ship, there are a number of "air pockets" that you can go up into to catch your breath.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I found something quite annoying while I was playing last night. I was trying to reach the mole rats to test some repellent on them, and there were a few raiders in the way. Since the sewer had mines all over it I thought I would be okay, but the mines were not going off when the raiders walked over them. Then while fighting one they stood on a mine, nothing happened, but when I walked over to them to hit them in the face with my sword the mine blew up.

It's because they had set them up. Mines you set up will not explode if you go near them as well.
Quote from danowat :Once you get in the broken part of the ship, there are a number of "air pockets" that you can go up into to catch your breath.

Will look for them! Thanks mate!

Fallout 3
(325 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG