The online racing simulator
Fallout 3
(325 posts, started )
Ah, the beauty of sandbox games.
Woohooo, I found some naughty nightwear!!!
Quote from danowat :Woohooo, I found some naughty nightwear!!!

Knowing where to find it would be nice.... or at least tell us what it is

(Just cleared out a bunch of raiders by dispencing toasters and motorcycle parts at them via ROCK-IT Launcher... this game has just lost all it's seriousness and gained so much funny things to remember...)
Try the railway gun
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Try the railway gun

I knew those railroad spikes had a use... and I threw them all out... BLAST IT!
Hah, always hang onto items

Or buy 'em back!
Quote from squidhead :I knew those railroad spikes had a use... and I threw them all out... BLAST IT!

What do you think you got all them lockers in your house for??? Mine are full of all sorts of crap that I picked up along the way!
mmmm mini nukes and some others and my fav gun scoped magnum works on everyone even the last boss fight best gun in the game

and a few pics of the other monsters u have to fight on the way back from meeting the onclave and the last few are the last few mins of the game and the lest one is your last breath

SPOILER IN WHITE
THE PRESIDENT IS A COMPUTER IF YOU DINT SEE THAT CUMMING, AND REMEMBER 216 YOU NEED THAT TO FINISH THE GAME
Attached images
ScreenShot4.jpg
ScreenShot9.jpg
ScreenShot10.jpg
ScreenShot11.jpg
ScreenShot16.jpg
ScreenShot19.jpg
ScreenShot20.jpg
ScreenShot21.jpg
ScreenShot27.jpg
ScreenShot30.jpg
After further adventures in the wasteland fun park I have to say that the way the setting has been designed and implemented seems to make more "sense" in some ways if the timeline was shifted a bit closer to Pockyclipse Day.

What I mean is that the whole "200 years later" doesn't quite fit in with a lot of the elements of the game and it leads me to believe that if any thought was put into it then originally the idea was to make it something like 30 years later or something but got changed along the way. Several NPC dialogs seem to have been designed following that train of thought too.

Hopefully there will perhaps be some mods in the futures that rectify some of the continuity discrepancies and further enhance the immersion of this great game.
So far F3 has given me about 20 hours of fun exploring the countryside and senselessly murdering bystanders.

However some things really annoy me.

The NPC's, dialogue and quests are by a Gabe Newell's waist-sized margin the worst things about the game... which is kinda like a V.A.T.S critical shot to the knee for game design. So far I've met maybe one or two memorable NPC's (Deputy Steele's opening line ”Kill 'em all, let God sort them out!” followed by an instant crash to desktop was hilarious) and countless number of re-hashed and ugly speaking heads.

Also Fallout 3 is waaaaaaaaaay too easy. On hard difficulty the enemies do not pose any real threat whatsoever. Struggling to survive? I'd say it's more like struggling not to yawn during battles.
On the difficulty front - I'm going to give a mod one well-known Oblivion modder made recently that alters alot on that aspect (weapon accuracy/damage changed - PC health point calculations, damage effects etc).

One annoying thing that I recently found out: the PC only gets 10% of damage received in VATS.

Oh, also as I mentioned earlier - playing in higher difficulty settings just ups the XPs you receive = not fun in the long run.

What irks me more is the whole take on addictions - it basically works like a counter that goes off more or less. Drink 5 beers in a week in-game and ta-da you are addicted to alcohol, then just go to a doc and get some insta-detox with pre-war (see: more than 200 year old) meds.
F3 in a nutshell: Fun game, but parts 1, 2 and even tactics were better.

Though somehow it made me want to play Oblivion again.
I just met Harold... I don't think that trees grow so fast in 36 years... and IIRC, his twig grew just a tiny bit in between Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 which are separated by 80 years or so...
I dunno about the trees in Fallout 3...

But i think a tree would grow quite a bit in 36 years!
I blew up the first little town I came across, then got bored. Seems like just another boring RPG to me, nothing new, and the setting is not quite right as xaotik already mentioned.
Quote from jibber :I dunno about the trees in Fallout 3...

But i think a tree would grow quite a bit in 36 years!

THAT SAME TREE barely got from a "twig" to "1,5 twigs" in 80 years, and then voila - 36 years of intense growing? I don't think so
Quote from squidhead :THAT SAME TREE barely got from a "twig" to "1,5 twigs" in 80 years, and then voila - 36 years of intense growing? I don't think so

Between Fallout 1 and 2 the alternate US, despite being a 1950s future US, suddenly acquired Uzis and other modern-day weaponry (something that the devs said they regretted doing). So, it's safe to say that consistency between installments is not the series' forte.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I blew up the first little town I came across, then got bored. Seems like just another boring RPG to me, nothing new, and the setting is not quite right as xaotik already mentioned.

I felt the same way in the beginning. It's worth to keep on playing... it gets better and better. At least that's how it was for me. First i thought "ok, this is boring... i think i'll play something else", but now it's pretty much the only game i play... while there would be Fable II, Midnight Club, etc.
Yeh I have played a bit more now, started again and didn't blow up the town this time, which worked out quite well. I'm trying to be nice on the whole but also steal stuff constantly since my lockpick skill is very high. I lost loads of karma when I killed The Family and stole all of their stuff, it was too tempting, they had loads of decent weapons.
I've been looking at screenies and videos for this, and i'm thinking of getting it for the PS3, I never played Fallout 1 or 2 though.
Now, i'm one of those guys who struggles to play FPS's on consoles, but can play them fine on PC with keyb/mouse combo, how do you think this game "handles" on the consoles? Is it just like an FPS, controls wise?
If it is, then i won't bother, but if it's more like 3rd person like the Tomb Raider series, then i'd get on with it ok.
You can play it in 3rd person view, but you won't bother. The animations of your character are way too poor... you don't want to see that, trust me.

The fights in this game can be played exactly like in any other FPS (if you want to).

However, Fallout 3 is not an FPS or something like Tomb Raider. It's an RPG.
If you have ever played Oblivion... this feels exactly the same (regarding gameplay, controls, aiming/looking/walking around, animations, etc). And to answer your question about how it feels "controls wise", i would say it's closer to an FPS.

Regarding the mouse and keyboard issue... ever thought about the USB ports of your PS3?
Allright, this radio guy keeps talking about some place where 2 costume cooks (or crooks) are causing chaos with bugs and robots... I keep missing WHERE IT IS... and chances are I haven't yet discovered that place... any hints?
I would say this game feels a lot like a smoother and tidier version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
This just hit me like a supersledge on the head... It's not long till bethesda count the income from Fo3... Fo4 is inevitable (IMHO)

Fallout 3
(325 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG