The online racing simulator
Fallout 3
(325 posts, started )
Quote from danowat :Thats handy then, I am about to trek to the Yao Gaui cave

Screw that, i'm scared meeting just one of them.
Wait until you meet a super mutant behemoth...
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Screw that, i'm scared meeting just one of them.

Yao's aren't to bad, Death claws on the other hand......I wouldn't want to meet more than one at a time I don't think.

I rounded a corner in Vault 92 the other day, and a sodding bloatfly made me jump out of my skin though!
Quote from danowat :I rounded a corner in Vault 92 the other day, and a sodding bloatfly made me jump out of my skin though!

At least it was a hostile - I got scared shitless while exploring some cave being all sneaky when I heard this noise behind me which caused me to turn around real quick and shoot the head clean off my follower who had bumped into a tin can. My character's perception had registered them as friendly on the hud - however my own perception was clearly lacking.
Haha! I stopped counting how many times i've accidently started shooting at my followers.
Quote from danowat :Since when has piracy been acceptable?

By his logic, it's only acceptable when the following criteria are met:
1) It's not LFS.

Particularly seeing he's one of the people on the forum who loves to scream "ZOMG CRACKER!" at every demo driver who coughs the wrong way, yet him openly admitting Pirating Fallout 3, Far Cry 2... etcera is perfectly acceptable.

Talk about a ****ing double standard.
o_O;

Find a post where I have said I've pirated Farcry 2. Only game I care about people cracking is LFS. Pirating from small companies that sell their game(s) for very cheap prices (for example LFS) is not called for, it's cheaper than a normal new game from the shops, so what is everyone bitching about?

I download music and I crack some software I can't afford to buy (eg Photoshop), so what. So does alot of people! Only difference is it tends to be games I don't play much. I play LFS alot so I buy it, if Bestheda decides to fix Fallout 3's terrible bugginess, then guess what? I'll buy that. Until then, my motorbike needing a service is more important than some PC game imo.

FYI : I bought Farcry 2.

</off topic>
I pirate sometimes, however my only issue is money flow, I tend to buy games if I have money, but if I don't, I pirate.

Photoshop is getting mental to buy now, seeing they've gone the whole Yearly upgrade now, rather than in years past, when a version of PS was out for 2 years or so before a new one, now the entire CS is getting a new one every 10 months or so.

Windows is the only other thing I majorly pirate, because I don't typically use Windows as my main OS (OSX FTW!).
i got this game for PC now, and it doesnt look good but the weapons are awesome.
Quote from jibber :Wait until you meet a super mutant behemoth...

I had a Fatman when i fought my first at GNR plaza. Stupid Charon, Red, and Sticky ran after the thing. I didn't notice until after i fired the mini nuke and saw Charon flying minus a leg and a head
Quote from G!NhO :i got this game for PC now, and it doesnt look good but the weapons are awesome.

Are you missing more bloom effects and neon glow shining out of your characters arse?

Quote from Sueycide_FD :I had a Fatman when i fought my first at GNR plaza. Stupid Charon, Red, and Sticky ran after the thing. I didn't notice until after i fired the mini nuke and saw Charon flying minus a leg and a head

Try to get the MIRV version of the Fatman (shoots 8 Mini-Nukes at once) and try that again, there will definately be a few more body parts flying around... be sure to fire it from a safe distance!
Quote from jibber :Are you missing more bloom effects and neon glow shining out of your characters arse?

ne the plants just look very fake and 2D
I reckon the trees look very nice in fallout 3. There are no leaves of course but the branches are often very detailed. The shrubs and grasses also look fine and have a good sense of volume and shadowing.
Well the grass ain't too bad but it could be better yes.

Just started a new game. Screeny from outside of Big Town

Grass
Quote from G!NhO :the plants in my game look like the third picture

Check out the texture filtering and AA settings in your GPU driver's control panel or in the advanced panel of the FO3 Launcher - specifically anything about gamma correction of transparent textures.
First lot of DLC came out today, Fallout 3 Operation: Anchorage , umming and ahhhing to get it or not.....800MS....which is about £7ish.

Been mixed reviews on it so far, I have yet to finish the main story, I am waiting untill the 3rd DLC pack, the one that removes the "final" ending, so you can carry on after the game has ended, so I thought I might pick this up for something to do, but at around 3 hours long, it's not a whole lotta content
Hmmm... i really like Fallout 3. So even if it's short, i'll get it anyway...

Meh, yet something more that i'll "have" to play. I still haven't finished Fable II... Skate 2 is lots of fun... SR2 is waiting aswell. If only you could get paid for playing games...
I know, I recently got Mass Effect (bargain at £7) and Oblivion for £9, so many games, so little time!!!!
Was there ever a patch to sort the Fallout 3 crashes?
Quote from danowat :I know, I recently got Mass Effect (bargain at £7) and Oblivion for £9, so many games, so little time!!!!

It doesn't help that i've just bought a stage piano today, and can't wait to get home and make some music!

I've just read the review you've posted and seen in some comments that the third DLC will allow you to level up until level 30. I'm not sure anymore now... if i should maybe wait with this, until the 3rd DLC is released, and then play them all together, while leveling up. Hmmmm....

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Was there ever a patch to sort the Fallout 3 crashes?

There were no crashes (xbox360). Dunno about the PC tough.
Quote from jibber :I've just read the review you've posted and seen in some comments that the third DLC will allow you to level up until level 30. I'm not sure anymore now... if i should maybe wait with this, until the 3rd DLC is released, and then play them all together, while leveling up. Hmmmm....

Thats what I was thinking too.
Crashes every 2-5 minutes on PC, it's a well known issue, along with memory leaks and the like.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Crashes every 2-5 minutes on PC, it's a well known issue, along with memory leaks and the like.

Cant say I'd noticed...played about 18 hours total, and never crashed....(and thats with a 'naughty' extended demo )

Fallout 3
(325 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG