The online racing simulator
Fallout 3
(325 posts, started )
There are so many things, little details and hints of "stories". You can tell that all "places of interest" or even some of the more generic-looking-at-first wasteland scenery has been touched by some designer.

One of my fav little areas is south - a small park, I forget the name - it was also the place I confronted my first Deathclaw for this Fallout. Fun stuff as a game glitch in VATS and collision detection blew him a few miles away after a critical strike. Took me a good trek and some searching to find that body and get the claw I wanted.
What really does impress me so far is the gameworld. I have never before played a game where the gameworld managed to create such an atmosphere.

I dunno how to describe it best, but it's like...

Everything fits together, there's no places that make me feel like "oh, i've seen this before... this hallway looks exactly the same as that other one... blabla". Everything looks unique...

I started to discover rivet city and the area around it... sometimes i find myself just standing there and looking at the scenery... the size of it, the detail, the feeling it creates... it's simply amazing!
I can never FIND Minefield after doing Moira's quest

and I really want Dogmeat as an ally too
Quote from pine-fin :Seems that the popular power armor is totally screwed in FO3. Fully repaired and only 40 def. ? and some wrote that they had combat armor with 36 def.
WHY the hell would they cap the def. rate at 40 with the power armor?

If you recall Fo1 and Fo2... well,even if you don't I'll just tell you...

in old Fallout games powerarmor was NOT a guarantee of your safety. The Brotherhood of steel was 36 defense and Enclave was 40 defense...

Quote :Not unless it was in self-defense and you didn't kill the deputy.

Why does this remind me of Bob Marley's lyrics?
One thing I just read in the boring sections of the manual I was browsing through: harder difficulty level = more XP and loot levels are the same as normal level too apparently - the only thing that changes is that opponents are tougher (take less damage/have more HPs)... that blows... I should switch back to normal level or I'll be reaching the level cap way too soon.

Re: armor - 100% condition combat armor goes up to 32 - what has changed though is that you don't have different defence rating for different types of weapons, which is a pity. To balance it out in a way they introduced the attribute/skill modifiers.
Ehh

I'm stuck in Lamplight...
Came across my first Super mutant brute today, 2 of the beggers, managed to kill them, and got myself a minigun for my efforts!!!
Yeah, supermuties are kinda wimpy in Fo3...

BTW - FLAMER ROCKS! I missed burning stuff so much.... (I am now on that ship city, is it worth finding out the whole true history of it?)
Vault 87 is hard

Vault 106 messes with your head...
Quote from squidhead :Yeah, supermuties are kinda wimpy in Fo3...

Yeah the "simple" super mutants are kinda disappointing unless they got decent armament, but even then a couple of critical headshots with a .44 magnum is all it takes. The Master and Brute variants are more interesting - ran across a squad of them holding a bunch of captives in a run-down church; they had me pinned in there for a good few minutes with minigun cover fire, pretty dramatic stuff.

On a different note, being a bit biased by reviews that spoke of the opposite, I'm rather surprised about the amount of quests you can actually solve without resorting to violence. Also, in the quest-related subject, I found the game much more enjoyable after using a "remove quest markers", especially in quests were there's a number of possible locations you can find someone in or you're following some vague description. And yet another thing I like is that all the delivery/recovery quests that I've gotten so far in Wastelands seem to have a twist to them and they're not just the typical run-of-the-mill "fetch me some socks".
I am loving the Rock-it launcher, there is something primevil about removing someones head with a well placed cooking pot or frying pan!!!
Quote from squidhead :

BTW - FLAMER ROCKS! I missed burning stuff so much.... (I am now on that ship city, is it worth finding out the whole true history of it?)

I don't know yet, but i will find out soon. Your lock picking skill neeeds to be at 100 to get into the front part of the ship... i'm at 60 right now.

Quote from DieKolkrabe :
Vault 106 messes with your head...

Why is that? I killed all the crazy guys in there and made some money with the stuff i found. Other than that, there was nothing special there?
Well, I now see why 1 person view is an improvement, the blind spot adds A LOT to the tension... anyway, I'm looking for somebody named Madisson in Rivet city, cant find him...or her... or...yeah... anybody knows who that is?
Shes a doctor, Maddison Li, in the science lab in Rivet city.
thanks Dan... (I have finished helping on the survival guide and the Three Dog's review wasn't exactly nice... anybody got different results?)

Edit : it's 4 in the morning and Im just going to bed... this thing draws you in tight... this really IS Fallout....
I must confess that I get a general sense of being overwhemled, so much to see and do, that I am actually scared of missing something!!!!
Since it was out, everyday, i've played it until i fell asleep on my couch!

Good thing the weekend is ahead, so i can continue playing when i wake up on my couch...instead of going to bed because i have to work the next day...hehe! :P
downloading fo3 right now

hope its as good as ppl say it is
Quote from danowat :Ok, there is no way to get THAT sniper rifle without killing him.

You could steal it if you are a good enough thief. I have now killed three raiders who had the sniper rifle, so there are plenty out there in the game.
Although I have to say that it's not that great of a weapon, two easy ones to find are:

The overpass near Springvale (?) - the town you first encounter when you exit Vault 101, somewhere near the middle there should be a sniper (he'll shoot at you if you are walking under the overpass) - and then there's some stash that contains one and a stealthboy device (dunno if it's part of a quest, there was a semi-cryptic note with it - I found it accidentally when jumping on the rocks to get a better shot at some molerats) next to the wall of Megaton, exit the town and turn left and keep following the wall - you'll find this rock formation that's darker than the rest on your right, it's noted as a "hollow rock" or something like that, a bit before this section of Megaton juts out into the scenery.

Also, a third which can be a quest breaker if you over-react like I did: Tenpenny has one - I found out when I was screwing around his tower and someone from the top appeared to be taking pot-shots in my direction so I returned fire with a missile launcher I had at the time which put an end to it. When I approached to see what that was all about I found a head labelled as Alistair Tenpenny which amazingly contained a sniper rifle.
No, all told, with my skills as they are, the sniper rifle is pants.

I managed to pick up a tasty laser rifle of a talon merc, but lost it when I forgot to save the game before dying.
after 3 days of playing and finding out some stuff during my frustration.

its over

now i cant run around the wastelands anymore but im glad its over some of the shit was so long winded

but i did learn this when i was angry and hit console by accident

open console when you are surrounded by bad dudes and no good dudes and type killall

sooo easy that one lol for long winded map shit type movetoqt

thats all ill give you.... playing it in godmode from the beginning with all weapons and loads of bottle caps lol more fun watching all the monsters get killed

Fallout 3
(325 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG