The online racing simulator
Lerts' ideas and theories
(921 posts, closed, started )
Visst faen skal du klappe igjen Eller så voldtar jeg mora di...

Anyhow, tho I canot join the dicussion, because I simply don't understand it - I find lerts threads highly entertaining.
Quote from lerts :doesnt this prove cons of momentum is wrong?

no.

what next, lerts? 'proving' that conservation of energy is 'wrong' ?
#203 - Kaw
Quote from The Very End :Visst faen skal du klappe igjen Eller så voldtar jeg mora di...

Anyhow, tho I canot join the dicussion, because I simply don't understand it - I find lerts threads highly entertaining.

Var din mund unge knøs. Eller jeg personligt kommer til Norge og urinere på dit rat og din computer.!
so... if he starts spinning the two gyros, with his hands, he will start spinning?
now they work electrically, im not questioning conservation of energy but of momentum

a physiscist told me by the net astronauts use very similar devices to be able to use screwdrivers

the gyros start working and the astronaut hold onto the wheel
i do not understand a single thing from all this. now there is electricity at play here? not just mechanics? as i said, if you have electricity you have electrical fields. if you have electrical fields that change (simplifying here) you have electromagnetic fields. if you have electromagnetic fields, you have to take their momentum and their angular momentum in consideration.

you knew that electromagnetic fields have those properties... right?
i didnt know an electromagnetic field had momentum, im more into mechanics

my point is simple: the guy holds onto the opposite spin gyros to spin himself, oposite precesions cancel each other

the gyros are propelled electrically, whatever momentum of that electromagnetic field is neglectable in front of a fast heavy gyro
think of the electric motors that can split steel axles with their ridiculously powerful torque and you will understand why the last thing you said is silly.

you know very little about physics to understand where you are in error.

but you do not seem to want to learn anything new, you only try to prove that the knowledge the rest of us have is wrong.
Man, you need to be up for alternative physics!
Quote from george_tsiros :you do not seem to want to learn anything new, you only try to prove that the knowledge the rest of us have is wrong.

Sometimes that is what it takes for a new discovery. Imagine society thinking the world is flat, and that everything revolves around us... Then there is significant proof that we in fact are not the center of the universe. Or many many other discoveries that have been made. Sometimes it takes "out of the box" thinking and the ability to question what we are taught, more than what teachers can teach. Lerts, you may have opinions/thoughts different than some, heck some of these topics you get into I can't understand how that type of thought can be originated. But you pull it off, and for that you get a massive ! Keep up the questioning/thoughts!
no cookie, bad troll
a short explanation: conservation of momentum is as important as conservation of energy (some say it's actually more important).

sooo ok, he is "thinking outside the box". problem is, to do that properly, you've got to have at least an idea of where the box is... not knowing that electromagnetic fields carry momentum and angular momentum shows a rather large gap in the understanding of how things work.
so the reason my idea doesnt work is cause i neglected electromagnetic field momentum, interesting
yes, if you neglect important stuff when analyzing things, the analysis is "wrong".
-
(lerts) DELETED by lerts
nope. they explained it very well.
but none but me knows how an astronaut uses a screwdriver in space

they admited they knew astronauts use something to be able to use a screwdriver but dont know exactly what

i do know they dont

you may think as a phisicist that whatever you say has more value than what i say, well im almost an engineer and i spent probably far more time than you studing gyros, as you can see that post is from 2005

what i say is pretty obvious, but nobody will see the naked emperor

gyros offer resistance to be rotated, oposite sense gyros have no precesion, they cancel each other

do you think im the only one who says cons of momentum is wrong?im not

nor cons of energy nor momentum is an undiscusible truth, in fact most advanced physics as quantic says undiscusible that vacuum is a sea of energy

and i couldnt discuss it cause they locked it so nobody got to know how an astronaut uses a screwdriver

edit:

i find interesting the quantum physics concept that vacuum has energy, that makes energy of the universe infinite

if its infinite in energy it might be as well in time, then we dont need god to explain things
Quote from lerts :but none but me knows how an astronaut uses a screwdriver in space

like people do everywhere else? you grab on anything with more rotational inertia than the screw and turn
Quote from lerts :but none but me knows how an astronaut uses a screwdriver in space

they use the electricity from batteries and a gearbox to overcome the problem. more detail is not necessary for this discussion

Quote from lerts :they admited they knew astronauts use something to be able to use a screwdriver but dont know exactly what

yeah so? how do you go from that, to "conservation of momentum is false" ?

Quote from lerts :you may think as a phisicist that whatever you say has more value than what i say, well im almost an engineer and i spent probably far more time than you studing gyros, as you can see that post is from 2005

i don't care what you have studied or how much you have studied, even those who believe the earth is flat can tell you that they have studied a lot, that doesn't mean that what they think is right.

Quote from lerts :what i say is pretty obvious, but nobody will see the naked emperor

what you say is wrong. the smart comments about what you say being correct are not arguments.

if you want to be taken seriously you have to describe in great detail the experiment because your claim that conservation of momentum is wrong is very very serious and we need to make absolutely sure that nothing is left to luck.

"conservation of momentum is wrong because see i have this thing rotating and an other thing rotating and i move them, oh there is also electricity involved" this is what i have understood so far with your comments both in this thread and the thread on advancedphysics.org

Quote from lerts :gyros offer resistance to be rotated, oposite sense gyros have no precesion, they cancel each other

yeah, so? the system that contains both the gyros has 0 angular momentum. each gyro alone has a very non-zero momentum. if you connect something to one gyro, momentum will start being transfered to it and the gyro will lose momentum. if you start rotating the assembly of gyros you will start spinning yourself.

Quote from lerts :do you think im the only one who says cons of momentum is wrong?im not

doesn't matter how many of you are out there. until you give a very good and clear example, you are just ignorant. sorry, that's how it works.

Quote from lerts :nor cons of energy nor momentum is an undiscusible truth, in fact most advanced physics as quantic says undiscusible that vacuum is a sea of energy

this has nothing to do with conservation of energy. vacuum has energy but that doesn't mean that you can go about extracting energy from it. to gain energy from something you have to make that drop in energy. since vacuum can NOT have zero energy, you can not take the energy.

Quote from lerts :and i couldnt discuss it cause they locked it so nobody got to know how an astronaut uses a screwdriver

completely utterly unrelated

Quote from lerts :i find interesting the quantum physics concept that vacuum has energy, that makes energy of the universe infinite

it could mean that, but i do not know what does this have to do with the discussion.

Quote from lerts :if its infinite in energy it might be as well in time, then we dont need god to explain things

what? who uses god to explain physical phenomena?! this is insane, the discussion is completely pointless and you have no basis on which to stand and call yourself a scientist or an engineer.
Quote from lerts :twoddle

Can you send me the link to your thesis please. I'd love to read it.

What do you mean you haven't written one? I thought you knew what you were talking about!
Quote from george_tsiros :i don't care what you have studied or how much you have studied, even those who believe the earth is flat can tell you that they have studied a lot, that doesn't mean that what they think is right.

That just might be the stupidest thing I've heard in some time. Someone who spent serious amounts of time and effort into studying something may have learned things that you might not know. Whether its right or wrong you don't have the rights to tell someone they can't think that way. Of course you're not doing that, your simply implying it. I will say I don't think there is much proof going to the Flat Earth believers, or Lerts here who is question other 'known' facts but some of the things they come up with / think about can make you question other things. I don't believe lerts here has all the answers but as I said above, questioning 'known' facts is never a bad thing.
It is when you (he) don't understand a) what he's questioning in the first place b) how to question it or c) what the results of his attempts are.

Maybe you don't know enough about basic physics (and that's not a bad thing per se) to see that it's complete nonsense - his comprehension of gyros, rotational inertia and, well, most things isn't at the standard to even begin to question their behaviour, and he doesn't have a steady and analytical enough mind judging by ALL his posts on this forum to find an alternative.

By all means question stuff, but first find out what you're questioning, then work out a replacement, then prove it rationally and clearly. Otherwise you're no better than a 6 year old deciding that things fall because the ground is sticky.
I'm just supplying lerts the motivation to continue questioning things. I don't really know fully what he's talking about either, so maybe that is why I was interested in hearing his side before I did some simple wiki'ing. (Granted I should have paid more attention in physics back in high school, if they even mentioned it back then -> I don't think they did cause physics was one of the classes I did pay attention to oh well...) But yea I was simply interested in his side of things. Although generally you must know what your questioning before you question it - at least to some basic level...
Quote from george_tsiros :astronomicaly epic fail

studying a lot does NOT mean that you are right.

that's all there is to it, really.

Call me stupid all you want but I have never seen a wiki page more encoded in non-understandable garbage. I even tried skipping the unknowns and couldn't figure out your point. However I don't want to start any other things so I'm just plain not smart enough to continue it seems.
This thread is closed

Lerts' ideas and theories
(921 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG