The online racing simulator
gc begins coming thursday up to sunday.

i heard they not even show pictures and vids, i heard you even can drive in a scirocco that is programed with the lfs game so you can drive it as simulator (in the real car).

hope you could understand :P
Quote from The Very End :Mate, if a patch like that came out I would official strip and post the picture on the forum, you got my word on that!

(because that most likely not going to happend, but if it do, well I follow my words)

If it were anyone else Tor, i wouldn't believe them, but you... yep, you'd really do it
when can we try it?
Right NOW ! just sit and floor IT
Quote from BastianB :gc begins coming thursday up to sunday.

i heard they not even show pictures and vids, i heard you even can drive in a scirocco that is programed with the lfs game so you can drive it as simulator (in the real car).

hope you could understand :P

Well, if you can win a Scirocco driving in the Scirocco Cup using LfS, then it kinda has to be drivable in it...
I hope they fix the turbo modelling first. That TFSi engine will be crippled if we have the current spoolup and general turbo behaviour.
Quote from [plidex] mateo :no, it's not.

I mean the first exact copy of a real car that's common enough. Barely anyone coming to LFS out of the blue will have heard of the RAC or MRT, and BFM to a somewhat lesser degree. The BFM and BF1 are as real as anyone's first hand experience of it..
What's left? The FZ is some iteration of the 911, obviously enough. But it's only functionaly reproduced. Same with the LXs, F08, FOX.. it's all downhill from there as far as exact reproduction of real models is concerned. You don't get the bodywork or inside ergonomics, not the badge and brand signatures.. All that plays at least a small part for the more (physics/mechanics of racing) hardcore of us, and a really big part for the eye candy/authenticity immersion addicts.

Not that this is bad, I think it's great news. It's really cool that LFS gets more publicity and gets to attract some more players with an actual real car that's in production and making news today. I just think it's unfortunate that it's yet another 4-cylinder FWD machine, that's really barely different from the FXO, relatively to the rest of the carset. An RWD or AWD GTR version for the small GTR class would be cool, but would VW allow it? Putting it in the big GTR class would make it redundant with either the FXR or XRR, as far as I can tell.

As far as the car itself is concerned.. The only thing I'm sorta dreading is that the engine sound mismatches the real car's by too much.
Just hope the car is done when it gets to the game convention.. a half done car won't give a good impression..

And i pray it's not a diesel.. diesel race cars sound like crap.
Quote from GFresh :If it were anyone else Tor, i wouldn't believe them, but you... yep, you'd really do it

Hell yeah!

I swear on that, if a patch comes out, that fixed all the things he mention, then I feel sorry for you all lol. Now, you can quote that and remind me of it if I should forget ^_^
Quote from Sponge :And i pray it's not a diesel.. diesel race cars sound like crap.

This isn't just for you, but since you also failed..

I'm guessing since people are able to write, they can also read. It must be the understanding part where the difficulty is.

Quote from Scawen :It's a 200 bhp front wheel drive road car.

It has been mentioned even in this very thread that the only 200 bhp version is the 2.0 TSI, which is a 2.0 litre turbocharged petrol engine!

Most of the pre-patch hype around LFS is because people who don't read, just type. Or do read but don't understand. Waiting for a new patch would be MUCH easier for everyone, there'd be less confusions and less disappointments. You're all creating the hype that'll also wear you down months before any patch release, and then you'll start expecting more and more. I guess forum has reached some sort of critical mass where these things eventually happen but I hate to see it, not because I'd feel sorry for the general public but because I feel sorry for the devs because the hype and misinformation hurts LFS the most.

Anyways, since it has been said the GC version will be a quick job, my guess is that the public Scirocco version will be months and months away. Meanwhile, follow the forum to see how the hype destroys the most eager ones
Quote from Huru-aito :This isn't just for you, but since you also failed..

I'm guessing since people are able to write, they can also read. It must be the understanding part where the difficulty is.

It has been mentioned even in this very thread that the only 200 bhp version is the 2.0 TSI, which is a 2.0 litre turbocharged petrol engine!

Don't expect all of us to know everything about engines And don't start acting like you're perfect and 'above' everyone else.. we can all make mistakes.
It's not difficult to look up the model on the internet and match the engine. You should always have researched before opening your mouth, IMO.
Quote from Bob Smith :It's not difficult to look up the model on the internet and match the engine. You should always have researched before opening your mouth, IMO.

w00t! There's still someone around with that "perfect world" fantasy?
It's always good to hear about new content, and I can't wait to drive it.
The last 3 cars added to the LFS stable have been after the devs were approached by the manufacturers. It seems that they now just wait for manufacturers to come to them rather than design fantasy cars themselves. Makes sense too!

Hopefully soon they'll be approached by someone who manufactured heavy RWD V8s in the 60s and 70s.
Quote from farcar :It's always good to hear about new content, and I can't wait to drive it.
The last 3 cars added to the LFS stable have been after the devs were approached by the manufacturers. It seems that they now just wait for manufacturers to come to them rather than design fantasy cars themselves. Makes sense too!

Hopefully soon they'll be approached by someone who manufactured heavy RWD V8s in the 60s and 70s.

hmm..
/me looks in his contacts under 'car manufacturers'.
*dreams on*
Don't get me wrong, but...

A new car is allways good news. If nobody knew about the scirocco, then nobody would be complainting. But I have to be honest, it doesn't make sense to me adding (another) "normal" road car to LFS, since it is supposed to be a racing simulator.
It would make more sense adding the scirocco, ok, but the sports version (GT24) since this is a racing car (and so, fitting well on a racing simulator).

Oh well... Let's just hope after the GC, VW will allow LFS to include the GT24.
If not, I'm not that enthusiastic...
Following on from the setup debate I may have initiated.
I don't want a completely locked setup, I just only want adjustability of things which would be adjustable on the road car by someone taking it for a track day. If it only goes as far as tyre pressure then so be it. I accept a couple of concessions (brake force and steering lock maybe) should be made because not everybody's equipment is the same, but that's it. There's even an argument for ABS in this case.

Anyway, the reasons I want this (I speak for nobody else) are simple. If every car comes with the standard "LFS Handling Adjustment Pack" that we see on LX, XFG, FXO, XRT, RAC, UF1 etc etc etc, then we will never have a true road car in LFS! The cars we have at the moment are highly modified racing cars on road tyres running very tuned adjustable suspension.

The second reason is that with the "LFSHAP" 2 similar cars will handle almost identically, when IRL they wouldn't. Put a Focus RS and a Golf GTi in LFS, and with weight adjusted so that they have the same power/weight ratios you would have two cars that are closely matched but handle differently, after implementing the LFSHAP with lowering, stiffening, LSD changes/locked-diffing, steering alterations, ARB changes, camber changes etc, they'd both end up almost exactly the same and so far from what they started out as it, starting out as themselves was a waste of time anyway, the Scirocco probably would too.

I don't think the Scirocco has to handle exactly like the real thing down to the tiniest percentage of accuracy, but close would be great imo. Add it with the LFSHAP and they're not really adding much to LFS imo. We already have FXO. Add it with a road setup and setup restrictions and there's something genuinely different.

I doubt they will do it. Add it with the LFSHAP and nobody can complain that it handles badly, there's less reliance on tyre model accuracy, and they don't have to go to the trouble of attempting to make it handle like the real thing. They can just adjust the FXO floorpan to fit (not literally, but they might as well), change power/torque, cog and weight values and bob is your uncle.

But if they could make it handle like the real thing it would say a lot for LFS's technical abilities.
Quote from eRaptor :... But I have to be honest, it doesn't make sense to me adding (another) "normal" road car to LFS, since it is supposed to be a racing simulator...

You seem to have misunderstood the concept of racing and apparently LFS. You can race any type of vehicle, including wheelchairs, lawnmowers and a trailer full of angry Scottish sailors, to name but a few. Hell, it's not even limited to vehicles.
Quote from sinbad :Put a Focus RS and a Golf GTi in LFS, and with weight adjusted so that they have the same power/weight ratios you would have two cars that are closely matched but handle differently, after implementing the LFSHAP with lowering, stiffening, LSD changes/locked-diffing, steering alterations, ARB changes, camber changes etc, they'd both end up almost exactly the same and so far from what they started out as it, starting out as themselves was a waste of time anyway, the Scirocco probably would too.

I am not convinced thats true, even with the same power/weight ratios, and the suspension/geartrain/diff settings the same, the cars could, and probably would, handle differently.

Even slight geometery differences (those that are built in to a vehicle, and can't be changed) give changes in handling feel, also things like engine position, wheel position etc and weight distribution change things too.

However, I do agree that road cars setups should be limited to realistic setup options, having something like the road cars that you can setup to the nth degree is so very, very unrealistic.
Quote from kompa :how?

Judging by your nick this might be a trick question, but here goes:

Externally it won't affect that much, since people who don't know about LFS can't really expect anything. Media interest in LFS could probably be increased by rumours.

Internally, meaning the existing community built around the sim, LFS suffers a lot. Like with the rally pack and the interiors and the whatevers that have been taken for granted but have been either completely made up or just built around vague dev statements concerning the schedule or the whole existence of the things.. People, the users, go nuts whenever they hear something new, and when they hear the new thing isn't what they were expecting (what they heard or read was supposed to be the next thing planned) they come here shouting and wondering what the hell is going on. Behaviour can be seen in all the arguments over the improvement suggestions forum, where teams of like-minded people will eventually repeat their daydreams and wishes so long that something turns into a fact of sorts. This creates confusion in everyone, and confusion feeds more threads and posts which lead to even more confusion.

The hype and misinformation starts to hurt LFS as a program when the confused people start demanding some action from the devs, actions that the devs haven't planned on doing either ever or not in the near future, next patch etc.. The damage (if only minor) is done when any of the devs need to post to forum explaining things, even when their minds get distracted from whatever the way they were developing LFS at the moment.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, maybe I just see these things (like some see dead people), but the forum is filling with unnecessary threads and posts that don't really get this sim anywhere.

ants:

EDIT: sinbad, I agree with you 100%
i agree with sinbad and Huru-aito
Huru-aito: I agree, sometimes i wonder, how strong Scawen really is to read through all that shit and still has a will to work on LFS.
That's for him.
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG