The online racing simulator
Quote from Chaos :great news!

but it made me angry... about two years ago I offered the devs to include a race version of Skoda Octavia, I got permisson from the factory, but they said no... More years back I offered them a real life racetrack for free (the one I used to work at), even got them very accurate GPS data of the track that one very known team (very successful in 24h of LeMans) made during testing there, but again - no...

I really don't want to brag here, but I was the deputy sport director at the second largest racetrack in our country, now I work at the ACCR (the body that has the sport authority in our country), got licenses for Clerk of the course and sporting steward for both cars and bikes, for bikes even a FIM license and just now I'm part of the international Jury at MotoGP in Brno...
I got a very direct access to most resources (drivers, riders, factories, track owners, etc.) directy related to motorsport, but the devs just ignore me, if they wanted I could bring a lot to LFS, I tried, but with no effect...

what am I doing wrong? this really took away my motivation to do anything more in this field for LFS...

It's all about the benjamins baby
Quote from Chaos :great news!

but it made me angry... about two years ago I offered the devs to include a race version of Skoda Octavia, I got permisson from the factory, but they said no... More years back I offered them a real life racetrack for free (the one I used to work at), even got them very accurate GPS data of the track that one very known team (very successful in 24h of LeMans) made during testing there, but again - no...

I really don't want to brag here, but I was the deputy sport director at the second largest racetrack in our country, now I work at the ACCR (the body that has the sport authority in our country), got licenses for Clerk of the course and sporting steward for both cars and bikes, for bikes even a FIM license and just now I'm part of the international Jury at MotoGP in Brno...
I got a very direct access to most resources (drivers, riders, factories, track owners, etc.) directy related to motorsport, but the devs just ignore me, if they wanted I could bring a lot to LFS, I tried, but with no effect...

what am I doing wrong? this really took away my motivation to do anything more in this field for LFS...

Its a shame really...
You are not doing anything wrong though
The reason why the scirocco will be in LFS is mostly because of vic really wanted this car in LFS and thus he did anything to make this happen. A while back he asked me to help with modelling but apparently Eric made it all alone already
So, Eric absolutely isnt slow like some people are moaning...
Just because he doesnt post as much as Sc and vic doesnt mean he is dead :P Life is more than just web forums :P
Quote from ORION :You are not doing anything wrong though

thanks for saying this, made me feel a bit better
Oh plz give us the VWSCIROCCO_DEFAULT.JPG I wanna skin that car
And have any of the other real cars in lfs cost anything. I think not.
Quote from Luke.S :And have any of the other real cars in lfs cost anything. I think not.

You are completely missing the point mate.

I think alot of people need to get the romantic notion that LFS is there purely for the love of it, and remember that it is a sole income source for a few people.
Quote from Chaos :thanks for saying this, made me feel a bit better

I have great respect for you and I definitely wouldn't worry too much. Please do NOT give up motivation for LFS and if anything happens then it happens
Great addition, I'm looking forward to driving it. Excellent job on the whining people, I'm sure any developer would like having you around to spur them on.

"We want more cars "
"Look, we gave you a new car, it's a real life one and it looks good "
"WAAAAH, it's a fwd and I don't like the look "

Christ almighty. BTW, it's a Scirocco, not a Chirocoocoo or anything else you can come up with that's not "Scirocco".
Woohoo!

I like zhe updeets!
Quote from danowat :You are completely missing the point mate.

I think alot of people need to get the romantic notion that LFS is there purely for the love of it, and remember that it is a sole income source for a few people.

Indeed, and nothing wrong with that.
Quote from CasseBent :Great addition, I'm looking forward to driving it. Excellent job on the whining people, I'm sure any developer would like having you around to spur them on.

Yeah, it's always the same:
Give F1: "Bah, F1 sucks"
Give FBM: "Bah, openwheel sucks"
Give Sirocco: "Bah, FWD sucks"

It's new content, and it's a real production car, it doesn't have to be my all time favourite car to enjoy it and appreciate it. But it's easier to complain about everything.
That are only a few people that whine. I think it will be great and i can't wait to drive it.
Quote from ORION :Its a shame really...
You are not doing anything wrong though
The reason why the scirocco will be in LFS is mostly because of vic really wanted this car in LFS and thus he did anything to make this happen. A while back he asked me to help with modelling but apparently Eric made it all alone already
So, Eric absolutely isnt slow like some people are moaning...
Just because he doesnt post as much as Sc and vic doesnt mean he is dead :P Life is more than just web forums :P

+1

for everybody, FWD rules, Turbo Rules, German Cars Rule, Rule³
Quote from Eldanor :It's new content, and it's a real production car, it doesn't have to be my all time favourite car to enjoy it and appreciate it. But it's easier to complain about everything.

Imagine what people will say if there's ever going to be a real track in LFS.. "Why the hell didn't you make Nordschleife even when it was clearly what we all wanted?!" "No you ****head, the first real track was supposed to be Bathurst!" "Nope, VIR. I'm disappointed." "Why the devs are so blind!! Tsukuba or Ebisu was what we needed"..

People should be happy because it's not a single seater this time!
Quote from CasseBent :Christ almighty. BTW, it's a Scirocco, not a Chirocoocoo or anything else you can come up with that's not "Scirocco".

The VW Chocobo?
:woohoo: That's great, finally some new car in LFS, can't wait to drive it!
Quote from Huru-aito :Imagine what people will say if there's ever going to be a real track in LFS.. "Why the hell didn't you make Nordschleife even when it was clearly what we all wanted?!" "No you ****head, the first real track was supposed to be Bathurst!" "Nope, VIR. I'm disappointed." "Why the devs are so blind!! Tsukuba or Ebisu was what we needed"..

People should be happy because it's not a single seater this time!

Yeah, I was thinking about that too, and not only the track itself, just imagine the discussions about that kerb is some turn that is 1cm taller than the real one, and how that ruins all the sim experience LOL
I dont read all that 9 Sites here...

Scawen,one Question:
Will the VW be a FXO only with other Outfit?
also:Same car physic like FXO?
yes or no?.
Quote from marcel. :I dont read all that 9 Sites here...

Scawen,one Question:
Will the VW be a FXO only with other Outfit?
also:Same car physic like FXO?
yes or no?.

Ofcourse not, you silly It'll be an exact representation of the Scirocco. I'm sure VW doesn't want an FXO with a different body.
Any date of publishing it?
I wonder will it be released as a new patch, pretty much on it's own, with whatever else has been done up until now, or will it be released along with the Beta patch, which will have the stuff needed to lose the Alpha suffix that Scawen was saying. The second option will likely be a looong wait, so hopefully it'll be released on it's own to keep us going
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG