The online racing simulator
Quote from Victor :Of course, you're welcome to come over and cheer for us Spectating is free.

Thanks, should be there! I'll be rooting for anyone on [TC] CityDriving servers or CTRA.
A quick question for everybody while I wait for the last two deposits to come in (chop chop Shotglass / Becky) - do we want name labels done like last time, or not? I for one am going to struggle to remember 24 LFS'ers names, plus the organisers names, especially considering I would have only (somewhat briefly) met 5 of the attendees before.

I can try and make them less child-like looking this time, if that helps.
Can we have it in our proper LFS names, like [SR] Mark etc?
Quote from Bob Smith :A quick question for everybody while I wait for the last two deposits to come in (chop chop Shotglass / Becky) - do we want name labels done like last time, or not? I for one am going to struggle to remember 24 LFS'ers names, plus the organisers names, especially considering I would have only (somewhat briefly) met 5 of the attendees before.

Oh no child-like looking will be just fine

Scribbled in crayon with the hand you don't normally write with too

Good idea, anyways. Is there an itinerary for where to be and when? As my folks live 10 miles down the road so I can be there in a jiffy so will be good to see everyone and say hello and so on.

I did think about getting a t-shirt done for the event with our team's logo on, but I reckon I'll look daft enough in a bright red racing coveralls and dodgy trainers.
I am pretty sure I dont need a name tag, i'm the 6ft one with boobs, and that is me in my current avatar, kinda distinct looking... But as I couldnt care who anyone else is [my world revolves entirely around me] it'll be handy to to know what word to use to get your attention when I want a drink to be bought for me!

I'll sort deposit out tomorrow. I feel a bit rained on and drained right now after a long day and just cba. I will try and sort out car out for getting Shotglass from Stansted too - but need to know from Nihil whether we are travelling as a group or whether Shot and I need to rent a car to get to the actual event.

Oh Nihil dont need a name tag or to be me a drink, I want something else from him
If you guys ever do one yorkshire, nottingham or london way count me in!
Quote from Bob Smith :A quick question for everybody while I wait for the last two deposits to come in (chop chop Shotglass / Becky) - do we want name labels done like last time, or not? I for one am going to struggle to remember 24 LFS'ers names, plus the organisers names, especially considering I would have only (somewhat briefly) met 5 of the attendees before.

It would make sense, I for one have no clue what any of you guys look like, and with my memory, I will forget you names within 2 seconds of the introduction

I'm not particularly bothered about wearing a name tag, but don't want to speak for everyone else.
holy crap the flight prices went up to about 3 times as much while i was waiting for any confirmation of how ill actually get there and a few personal things that had to work themself out before
Quote from Becky Rose :I am pretty sure I dont need a name tag, i'm the 6ft one with boobs, and that is me in my current avatar, kinda distinct looking...

I think you're the exception there, most other people could well look alike. Since nobody is particularly against it, I'll get the sticky labels back out. Last time I wrote both people's real name and their LFS username on the tags, so people can be addressed normally but people still have a clue who people are. I mean ideally I'd add everyone's avatars and post counts underneath the name (trying to keep everything familiar looking - likewise everyone must dress in blue...) but perhaps that won't be needed.

Quote from Joe_Keaveney :Is there an itinerary for where to be and when? As my folks live 10 miles down the road so I can be there in a jiffy so will be good to see everyone and say hello and so on.

Read:
Quote from Bob Smith :The time: You need to arrive at the karting centre by 2pm. From about midday, people can meet at The Seaton Lane Inn, to get to know one another a bit before the battle commences. They seem to do a decent food and serve from midday, plus only a short drive to the karting centre.

ben would it be terribly naughty if i dont pay the deposit and youd have to rearagne the booking to one person less?
thing is ive had a lot of uncertainties lately (finishing uni, finding a job, father in hospital) that made it impossible to book the flight early and the prices have gone though the roof so im affraid i cant afford the trip anymore
gah, that's a shame - I even picked up some dirty laundry today in leui of you coming over.

Then i'm totally reliant on Nihil for a lift now as I cant afford £88 for a 1 way train fair (I didnt dare look at return price), any news on that yet Nihil? *flutters eyelids and smiles*
Quote from Becky Rose :

Oh Nihil dont need a name tag or to be me a drink, I want something else from him

Hmmmm... Well, its green and powered by diesel...

Anyway, I've been underneath my car today (which also happens to be green and powered by diesel), trying to fix an oil leak from the power steering. Barring unforeseeable catastrophe now, I'll be driving up, so anyone else needing a lift from London make yourself known... two seats left if shotglass definitely can't make it.
woot! Thanks hun your a gem :lovies3d: Are you staying over at Bob's the night or coming back same day?

EDIT: And I gots 2 days off work either side now to get up to mischief with, YAY! Lots of STCC dev stuff coming then I guess...
Is anyone staying in Newcastle the night before and needing a lift to the Karting place on the Saturday ?
sorry becky i humbly appologize for all the trouble but i definitely cant make it
glad nihil giving you a lift worked out so you at least have a way to get there
Quote from Bean0 :Is anyone staying in Newcastle the night before and needing a lift to the Karting place on the Saturday ?

Yeah, I staying down on Friday night, was just going to ask for a lift through.
Quote from Shotglass :sorry becky i humbly appologize for all the trouble but i definitely cant make it
glad nihil giving you a lift worked out so you at least have a way to get there

I no love you no more.
Shotglass - no problem, I've already emailed the centre and dropped the booking to 20. All eyes on Becky then for the final deposit (*hint* *hint*).

Quote from Bean0 :Is anyone staying in Newcastle the night before and needing a lift to the Karting place on the Saturday ?

Ah, good that was someone else is offering, I was afraid I'd have to make numerous runs in my car if there are many people coming up on public transport.

Edit:
Thinking a little now about the post-drinking entertainment back at mine for those who come. I'll have two LFS stations set up, work is being nice and lending me another G25 for the weekend, with four large monitors at my disposal I've got the visuals sorted, but I'm at a loss for sound. That leaves two issues:

Sound. I've a big hifi in my bedroom but don't want to set that up in the front room. Other than that I've got a single set of large headphones, but don't want the other station to be mute. Could somebody who's intending to join in for this bit perhaps bring another pair? No in-ear 'phones as they're gonna be shared. Cheers in advance.

Drink. Assuming it'll be late by then, my house isn't a pub, and I'm not about to stock up with drinks for all, I don't know how that will best work out. Perhaps if I speak to people at the end of the karting, some money can exchange hands and I can pick up something from the local off licence before everybody meets back up in town? Thoughts please.
Should be a certainty to come now, just need to keep an eye on the weather, because judging by the recent weather, going on the bike may not be the best idea in the world......

I just brought new HDD video cam, so I can bring that and video the whole event if required.
Quote from danowat :I just brought new HDD video cam, so I can bring that and video the whole event if required.

w00t! we haz a video!

definitely video the event! you karters want that we homestayers get jealous, don't you?
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Yeah, I staying down on Friday night, was just going to ask for a lift through.

No worries, add me on MSN or something to work out details.

Bob - Where abouts is your place ?
The town is a costly enough taxi, I don't fancy getting home from the wrong side of the Tyne at daft-o-clock.
Right, last deposit is in, I'll be popping to the karting centre tomorrow to give them the money (or rather my money, as the money won't have cleared from my PayPal account to my real bank account). Thanks all for not taking too long to get it to me.

Nobody have ideas on my previous post?
i don't mind where to do the post event drinking , i'm able to bring a headset for lfs
I'd be perfectly happy to chip in for post-drinks drinks, or I could bring a slab of lager down for you to take back to yours with you ? I can also bring some crappy headphones.

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG