The online racing simulator

Poll : Pick a number

Closed since :
Quote from shaun463 :to try not to confuse good ol' Franky !

too late

@Rudy, Received and reviewing.
Just like to add my bit

I have used Storm servers and 500servers,
both Give excellent backup and not just 9-5 people, they can appear at anytime in your server, checking if its running 100%

I find the Ping on 500 servers is slighlty lower 32ms compared to 65ms i get with Storm servers. This doesnt seem to effect my game at all,

So more slots for less money, I chose Storm servers,

Thanks
mick
Ok, since we were searching for a new hoster we choosed you, seems that i was just in time for the 50% offer.

Thx for the offer.

Sil3nc3r-
Quote from Sil3nc3r- :Ok, since we were searching for a new hoster we choosed you, seems that i was just in time for the 50% offer.

Thx for the offer.

Sil3nc3r-

a little secret (well.. not anymore) i always leave the offer valid for an extra 2 days after the listed date...

ssshhhh
Quote from franky500 :a little secret (well.. not anymore) i always leave the offer valid for an extra 2 days after the listed date...

ssshhhh

hi franky please contact me by MP

i like to try & buy the services of 500 servers

Regards
Shoot too bad I can't take the offer anymore then, it takes paypal a week to load fund on my account
I just tried their prom code and it still works.
I say take advantage
Due to the recent events over at storm servers, I am extending this offer until 28th July 2008.
i think i'd like to get one of these servers but sadly the site is down :*(

"This Website is currently undergoing Re-Construction. Please check back later:

Control panel login for clients: http://81.19.219.136:81/

Feel free to visit the 500 Servers forums with any questions in the mean time: http://www.500servers.com/forum/"

grr
i could have sworn i replied here an hour and a half ago.... i think im losing the plot!

@James, If you were after the Half Price special that offer has ended im afraid.

The website should be back online in the next few hours with a bit of luck, there will be some news here when it is as there are some changes to the pricing structure.

EDIT: Website will not be able to return until tomorrow night it seems as i have not been able to complete what needed to be completed before heading off to bed for the night.
Hey no problem i am aware the offer has ended, my post was about the site being down =)

If/when i get one, do i have to make any changes to my firewall/router settings or is it all handled by your server's? I have done some hosting before and didnt like opening all the ports. I probably did it wrong though!
nope,

the whole point in paying to have your server hosted by us is that all of the server needs are catered for (so the initial configuration / ports are all done beforehand) all server files are hosted by us so you would not host one locally.

have not been able to put the site back on yet. but its getting closer.
Ok sounds great, i'm guessing there's some sort of control panel or something. I am very interested.

The quicker you get that site sorted - the quicker you can make some money out of me!

If you're reading this & it's not done, get back on your FTP & notepad++ !!
yep there is a control panel

http://81.19.219.136:81

user: demouser
pass: demopass

Feel free to take a look around.
Wow that seems very easy and simple. Is teamspeak included? If not how much extra? And do you think you could you post prices here as i cant find them anywhere else
I cant remember exactly, but it was about £140 per year for a 49 slot server.
Whilst the website is down. the "new" billing system is online and ready to take orders.

http://client.500servers.com/signup.php

All the prices are incorperated into that and you will be able to see exactly what you would have to pay each renewal.

I have changed the prices slightly recently so have to completely re-do the pricing details before i can stick the main website back online.

Unfortunately We cannot offer teamspeak at the moment due to licencing issues with teamspeak. If webspace is any good to you i can supply that at no extra charge. (basic package of 300mb / 1500mb b/w).

Regards,
Dean
I was just wondering if there are going to be any more offers soon, they seem to be introduced fairly regrularly and I am going to get a server in the next few days, any summer specials ?
Hi, Franky im in need of some serious help here i think ive deleted somthing in my tc admin control panel it say's server running then i go on lfs and it says host not found on master server. I think ive deleted somthing in the file manger that i wasn't ment to, would be great for the help

Regards,
Kyle
ok give me 5 mins and i'll get a look at it for you.
ok Kyle it should be working now, I had to reinstall it. when you go back on the control panel all you need to do is change your server name in the config as it was reset. That should be all you need to do and then just start up the server as normal.
500servers.com Updates to Pricing and Billing
Hi All.

There have recently been some changes to our pricing structure and our billing system. I just wanted to let people know exactly what is going on at 500 servers.

Pricing Changes

At 500servers we have now REDUCED our standard pricing to 40 Pence per slot (instead of 50 pence per slot)

I am sure that some people will think "hold on.. Why is it cheaper? Surely that's not right".

I personally (Dean,aka Franky500) am not in this for the money (I'd be mad if i was). And anybody that thinks otherwise is quite simply... "wrong".

Profit is nice, but I remember the whole reason I went into server hosting is because I was sick of having to pay out more than what was fair.
As my costs have now become steady and in some areas have decreased I am able to offer the same service at a lower price.

You may think "that's it.. Get ready for the cutbacks" When in fact it is the exact opposite. 500 Servers is upgrading and will also be able to offer Dedicated services by the end of the year (at least. That's the plan.) and we seem to be in a better position to do that then ever before.

Billing System Updates

We have now changed our billing system and have also now been able to add a new Team Pay system to the billing process.

How this works:
Our billing system will generate a link for you to use for giving out to other people who you would like to pay towards your server(s). The link given out is for making payments through paypal and linking those payments to your account on the 500 Servers billing system.
The use of this system is generally for teams / leagues etc that want more than one person to pay towards a server, but not have to collect everybodies payments in their own paypal or bank account before sending to 500servers, thus saving the hastle of keeping donations in check, and also cancelling out any fee's that would come from that.

For now thats it. Generally more useful to current 500 Servers clients. But thought it would also be worth a mention for anybody who is thinking of signing up.

Hope everybody is having a nice summer.

Regards,
Dean

http://www.500servers.com
-
(royk1991) DELETED by royk1991
-
(royk1991) DELETED by royk1991
just as i get here!. Glad its sorted Kyle.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG