The online racing simulator

Poll : Pick a number

Closed since :
500 Servers - Gameserver Rental. [500servers Thread Archive]
Hello everyone. I know this month im slightly later than usual but have been working on a few new things to impliment.
  • NEW PACKAGES:
Recently i have noticed that there have been clients who simply dont use their teamspeak or webspace. Thinking about it i have come up with some NEW package options to replace the current ones which will save everybody a bit of cash!.

The new packages are No Thrills packages. This basically means you can purchase an LFS Server but at the default price being WITHOUT teamspeak or webspace. This means i can lower the price slightly as it will save me some disk space and i wont have to pay as much in teamspeak fees. However this doesnt mean you cannot get teamspeak or webhosting from 500servers. You can easily add teamspeak or Webspace to your server for a small charge. Teamspeak at only 10 pence per slot and webspace at 35pence per 100mb. Even if you added Teamspeak and webspace at the default you used to be able to get. it will work out cheaper.

example: normal price of No Thrills 23 slot server. £11.50
23 slot teamspeak. £2.30
300mb webspace. £1.05
Total= £14.85

Compared to the normal price of £15 (without special offers) its only a small saving. But it gives you a choice.
  • INSTANT SETUP
After alot of playing around with our new billing system and the 500servers control panel we can now offer INSTANT SETUP of your server when ordering. Once you have ordered your server via the order form and paid your server will automatically be setup with your default server name and admin password already online and your server details sent to you within a couple of minutes of payment.
  • November Special Offers
As many people may know 500servers have Monthly specials. This months has come slightly later than normal but none the less. here they are:

LFS No Thrills Lite: 11 Slot server £5.00 Per Month (normally £6.00)
Demo(11 slots), S1 (11 Slots) OR S2 (11 Slots)

Server Control panel / FTP Access
NO TEAMSPEAK / NO WEBSPACE*

LFS No Thrills Budget: 16 Slot Server
£8.00 Per Month (normally £9.00)
Demo(11 slots), S1 (15 Slots) OR S2 (16 Slots)

LFS No Thrills Standard: 23 Slot Server
£10.00 Per Month (normally £11.50)
23 Slot server
Demo(11 slots), S1 (15 Slots) OR S2 (23 Slots)

LFS Deluxe: 2x23 slot servers
£19.00 Per Month (normally £21.00)
2x23 Slot server
Demo(11 slots), S1 (15 Slots) OR S2 (23 Slots)
15 Slot Teamspeak included (extra can be added at 10p per slot)
500mb Webspace included (extra can be aded at 35p per 100mb)

* (can be added for 10p per slot on Teamspeak and 35p per 100mb on webspace)
All offers can be ordered by visiting the 500servers website and clicking on the "ORDER NOW" link or any "BUY" button on the home page. Or directly via: http://www.500servers.com/billing/order
  • Server Activity Graph
Every now and then its nice to know how active your server has been recently. I have finally managed to get a script to work with our servers which will create a graph to show the avarage slot usage over the last 24 hours and will soon be adding to all servers. The graph that will be shown will look like the graph attached to this post (this was up to date at the time of this post and shows the server activity over the last 24 hours)
The program used to generate these graphs was made by -Ed- from the Digiserve Racing Club.

That pretty much sums it up for now. Hopefully this will be what some are looking for. If not. Thanks for reading anyway.

Feel free to visit the site and look around: http://www.500servers.com
Attached images
driver_history_large.png
Hi There. i am very interested in the Delux package. But my answer is, when i go through the process, it only asks for 1 server name. is there another option when purchased for both servers?

Cheers.
Quote from djgizmo68 :Hi There. i am very interested in the Delux package. But my answer is, when i go through the process, it only asks for 1 server name. is there another option when purchased for both servers?

Cheers.

Hey. When you order a deluxe package the first one is set up instantly with the name you specify. The second one is then added to the control panel a short while later (we have to manually add the second server due to complications in the system) where you can then edit the name to suit your needs. The names can be changed any time simply in the config file and restarting the server.

As the second server is setup manually by us you can also simply add "server 2 name: blah blah" in the comments field when ordering the servers.

EDIT: After looking at the system a bit more i have been able to add an extra field where you can enter what you want as your default 2nd server name.
Ok Cheers.

Ill be purchasing my servers in 2.5 weeks time (Holiday), Cheers
Hey Franky i like the Server usage thing, especially because its our server aswell
Very good service at 500Servers. After a year of use, NASSA has been nothing but Satisfied will all aspects of our package.

We @ NASSA, strongly endorse 500Servers

Be Well,
Ant
Yes Fusion Racing Team
Strongly Recommends 500Servers.
Fast, easy to setup and great service if you come across a problem. Dont bother looking else where.

500 Servers you cant get any better
Thanks for the comments guys.

I picked your server to test the graph with arrow because i could see it was popular and in use which is what i needed. By the weekend i will hopefully have been able to set it up for EVERYBODY's server and give out the links for the live updates on it.
Muroc Racing Team strongly recommends 500Servers too.
The ping for us has always been very low! And we are an internatiolan team, so our team has drivers from Finland to USA, and no problems yet.

Quote from franky500 :By the weekend i will hopefully have been able to set it up for EVERYBODY's server and give out the links for the live updates on it.

Sweet. Will looking for it
#10 - need
Well I've just finished upgrading to the Deluxe package with 500servers, so I guess that says about all that needs saying regarding my experience so far
Keep up the good work mate
Hi

I run ConeDodgers and both our servers are with 500 Servers. So i would like to tell you a story of just what 500Servers are like.

First i rent one server 23 slot with lapper, as a bit of fun so i dont have to use the other servers that always seen to have wreckers on. I like AS3 and GTR's like a lot of others so I have the idea to start the LFS: GTR League so the racing has a bit of meaning. 120 drivers join and in 10 days 2000 drivers record times in Lappers PB.txt.

Even a 1:39.87

So i get another server, again 23 slot with lapper

Both servers were full all the time for days and days and one still is

We then start to get several disconnects and a couple of mass-disconnects and Franky tells me its either the LFS Net code or Races with bad connections and as he is not getting the same problems with other servers he did not see how it could be the server. I contacted the devs who tell me its not the code and every driver assures me it not "thier connection".

What happened next shows you just what Franky500 of 500 servers tried, working round the clock, to find the problem for several days.

First he moves the servers to a new box, then another box in another buliding, he re-installs every thing, updates everything. Goes from U20 back to U then to U30. He worked his Balls off.

Finally the buzz of Conedodgers calmed down a bit and he was not satisfied with the ping so moved it all again.

Without doubt his service is second to none, yes i agree he is not available 24/7 but then nor am i.

I have wantched my servers and others and feel that poor connections is the main problem as its the same people over and over again. Its amazing how if you /ban one of them the problem stops until the ban comes off.

But tell them they are causing a problem and all you get is an ear bashing and how they have a 500gig ADSL so its not them.

I would highly recommend 500 Servers to anyone.
Like everyone else, I am very pleased with my 23 slot server from 500 Servers.

Very quick and efficient service and fix any problems quickly.

Highly Recomended
Its great to see all of the nice comments Thank You everybody. I am still working on those graphs, Got an error with them last night but simply have to do it a different way. Most realistic day is wednesday. Possibly sooner depending on how much i can get done tomorrow.
^ ^ What Montana said ^ ^ Muroc absolutly loves our server. I was in the states and I was getting a 60 ping! the members from the EU were getting 50's. Now that I am in the UK I have even been as low as 30s =)

Hows the graphs coming Franky?
They are coming, they really are, ive seen them in development, and I would take a guess at the end of November, early December.. But dont quote me.. Im just the support guy!
Quote from Viper93 :

Hows the graphs coming Franky?

Got most of them done, Just waiting for a final chance to get them all complete and sort the links out for everybody. in fact. the muroc one is DONE. and is amongst those that i have already set up.

here.. have a link

http://81.19.219.136/stats/driver_history_63396.png

seems to be preety quiet there i see right now either that or i've done something wrong. but seems right.

I'm still aiming to get the rest of the graphs sorted A.S.A.P christmas is around the corner so alot of work at the moment. but shouldnt be too long now
No thats about right =) We use the server but dont put on the popular configs so there is not a whole lot of traffic =)
try a redline server always full

p.s Great server Franky.... EVERYONE GET ONE!!!
didn't care for redline, admins were abusive to other players and in general I just didn't have any fun. this was a while ago and I dont remember names but left a sour taste in my mouth and I have not been back, but the admin was telling people to obey the rules of the server but he himself was breaking almost every one of them, that included swearing. Servers themselves were very stabile though...
Hey Franky, any chance we'll see some US based LFS servers by 500Servers anytime soon?
Hey Banshee, Been looking around quite alot recently to see what i can do US Wise, I am still looking as i havnt found anything yet that i think i can trust. When i do i will let you know.
I think the best option is East coast, so we can still have good ping to the states, but also have decent ping to Europe. I will be anxiously (just short of stalking you) awaiting this solution.
Quote from banshee56 :I think the best option is East coast, so we can still have good ping to the states, but also have decent ping to Europe. I will be anxiously (just short of stalking you) awaiting this solution.

As will I...
Well when im looking for places if i give u guys a couple of IP's to ping can u let me know what u get?

Heres one im looking at now.:

Gives me around 130 ping for me in the UK, havnt looked too close yet so dont know exact locations.
Quote from franky500 :Well when im looking for places if i give u guys a couple of IP's to ping can u let me know what u get?

Heres one im looking at now.:

Gives me around 130 ping for me in the UK, havnt looked too close yet so dont know exact locations.

Here in the State of Ohio, I get an average ping of 67ms from that IP. Good ping here, for 17 hops. Most likely in Dallas Texas.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG