The online racing simulator

Poll : Pick a number

Closed since :
That's wierd, I'm in Marsh's backyard here in Cincinnati, Ohio, and I'm getting, on average, 43ms. As he said, sounds like Dallas Texas.
Quote from banshee56 :That's wierd, I'm in Marsh's backyard here in Cincinnati, Ohio, and I'm getting, on average, 43ms. As he said, sounds like Dallas Texas.

Well I don't get to Cinci until my 7th hop. I have to go through Columbus first, do you?
How many hops total do you get?
School a n00b on how to check please?
Quote from banshee56 :School a n00b on how to check please?

Windows Start button, press Run... , type cmd and press ok.
In the command window after the DOS prompt, type tracert 66.228.118.21

It will display each hop, (average ping in the middle column), and location and IP's of each hop.
12 hops total. Hard to deciphre the locations.
If its taking 17 hops for some of you then i dont think ill get anything from there. 12 i think i could live with.

Thanks for the info on that
Quote from franky500 :If its taking 17 hops for some of you then i dont think ill get anything from there. 12 i think i could live with.

Thanks for the info on that

I have seen reference to a datacenter on the east coast, possibly NY, that claims to have 8 hops to Europe.
Win an S2 Licence - B-O-G-O-F Servers!!! -500 Servers.
Hi All, This month is the 1 year anniversary of 500 Servers and to celebrate I have decided on a couple of very special Offers for this month.

WIN AN S2 LICENCE!!!
On the 23rd December a prize draw will take place where somebody will WIN a FULL S2 Licence worth £24.

Want to order a server? check out: http://www.500servers.com

How Can I Win?
We are going to be giving away an S2 Licence to one of our clients. All existing clients will be automatically entered for the prize draw. If you do not already rent a server from 500 Servers. Do not worry, All New clients that sign up before the 23nd December will also be put into the Prize Draw for a chance to win one of the following prizes.

1st Prize - S2 Licence + 2 months FREE 23 Slot Server hosting from 500 Servers.
2nd Prize - 2 Months FREE 23 Slot Server hosting from 500 Servers.
3rd Prize - 1 Months FREE 23 Slot Server Hosting from 500 Servers.
4th Prize - 1 Months FREE 11 Slot Server Hosting from 500 Servers.

To Enter for your chance to win all you have to do is Purchase ANY server from 500 Servers this month. If you then win one of the above prizes it will be added to your account. The person who wins the S2 Licence will recieve the S2 Coupon in an E-mail on Christmas Day.

The draw will take place on the 23rd December by a 3rd Party representative. (To be announced)

Terms & Conditions
  • All Standard 500 Servers Terms and Conditions Apply.
  • Only ONE Prize can be claimed per person / organization.
  • Prizes are supplied as stated and cannot be exchanged for cash.
  • Entries after 23:59 GMT 22nd December will NOT be included in the prize draw.
Buy One, Get One FREE!!! (B-O-G-O-F)

Additionally to the chance of winning an S2 Licence or Free Hosting, Anybody who rents a server during December will recieve a FREE Server aswell as the one they purchase.

Eg: If you buy a single 23 Slot Server you will recieve TWO 23 Slot Servers and still only have to pay for ONE. The Free server will last for as long as you host with us and you will NEVER be charged for it.

Want to order a server? check out: http://www.500servers.com

I have much enjoyed this year and would also like to thank current clients. to say thankyou all current clients will recieve a free server upgrade from the beginning on january.

How does that work?

Its simple. If you currently rent an 11 Slot server from 500 servers. you will be upgraded to a 16 slot server for the same price you pay now. if you rent a 16 slot server you will receive an upgrade to a 23 slot server, and if you have a 23 slot server you will receive an additional 11 Slot Server Free of charge. Current clients on our deluxe server package will receive an extra 16 Slot server Free of Charge.
**Please remember that performing the changes to everybody's services will take time**

So, Happy
Anniversary, and many happy returns for the Christmas season and New Year.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Happy Holidays,
Dean & Kevin
"Franky500 & Stoney"
http://www.500servers.com
Are you trying to kill us all franky?

500servers.com.. with deals like those, it wont be long! Congratulations to Franky500 and 500Servers for completing a year of business. I have been proud to provide server support for 500servers for a few months now, and will continue to do so till im told im too lazy or not needed.
Just bought 2 lots of servers, so i should have 4 in total?

Anyways, great Offer! Had to grab this up!
Hi Dj, Yep you have 4 in total and are all added in your control panel now. Hopefully all e-mails got to you ok. Any problems let us know

And congrats on being the first person to take advantage of the deals.
Cheers, Got all 4 servers.

Although, i do not understand how to set them up at all, could you possibly point me in the right direction, cheers.
IF you login to the control panel and click on the servers (one at a time. copy / paste things if it helps)

Click on the server, then the page refreshes with the server details and at the bottom you should see "Default Config Files" and then click on Edit below "text Editor" click on that and you can edit the server settings. the main things that normally need changing are:

Host Name = your server name
Admin pass = admin pass
password = blank if none or put a pass to make it private.

Track = AS1, BL1 ect depending what you want as default,
Cars = the cars you want to use. EG XFR+XFG+GTR ect

Most the time those are all the things that need changing. If you want a welcome message for when people are connecting to the server goto File Manager and look for "Welcome.txt" and you can click Edit in the dropdown box to the right of it. simply put your welcome message and save.

I have attached a quick quide for server commands to this post , Sorry it isnt very tidy and is not quite up to date (eg no BF1) i hope to sort out a new one soon.
Attached files
server commands.txt - 2 KB - 265 views
Quote from franky500 : The draw will take place on the 23rd December by a 3rd Party representative. (To be announced)

More of a celebrity I always thought.
Quote from Bob Smith :More of a celebrity I always thought.

oh. sorry i must have been thinking of somebody else

Ok, The 3rd paty "Celeb" Is actually Bob Smith who has very kindly agreed to do the draw for us in exchange for spare food this christmas

Thankyou Bob.
so if you have already been renting a server from you, do you get the bogo offer? or is it only for those that start renting in december? kinda confused on it. but the prizes would be great to win.
for those who are already renting from me they will receive an upgrade to more server slots by the end of the month. New clients get the bogof. all clients get entered into the prize draw both new and old.
How's that US server location thing going? Find a good one, and you'll have at least two more customers!!
The hunt is still on. Have spoken to a couple of providers and just waiting to see now.
Is there any way I can help?
Nassa would really like to have a US Based server as well as one in the UK.
Great news about the draw Franky, let the Christmas spirit flow.
Umm since these are the December specials and I ordered in December (2nd I think) do I benefit from these deals?

EDIT: I've talked to Stoney, he's going to talk to franky500. IMO I should get it since I ordered it in December but there's nothing I can do if the say no
i have known franky for a long time now, and tbh franky likes to look after his customers. so i am sure if you don't get the offer, he will have something just as good for you
im hosting an 11 slot server, will it be up-graded to a 16 slot?
Quote from dadge :[...]so i am sure if you don't get the offer, he will have something just as good for you

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Franky - congrats on the 1 year anniversary.:superman:

Serp.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG