The online racing simulator
I don't remember what was the first patch I tried, but it didn't convinced me. Only patch Y impressed me, so I decided to buy the license.

Before patch Y LFS was more or less something like NFS Porsche Unleashed/2000: Playable, but not realistic enough.
i'm joining
gr8 game, gr8 updates-LIVE FOR SPEED
#778 - xt
im happy for better/best lfs too
oooooo yay im glad its harder i like games harder

not
I'm G.T.L.F.S.I.H.A.M.R.L
Count me in! LFS still needs a bit of work, but WOWZA it's good!!!

First post as well!!!
Awwright then, I'm in too.

All the patch Y changes were right up my ally. Cool, love it, keep going in this direction.

Coincidently, my old wheel gave up just when patch Y came out. Managed to absorb all patch Y changes while adjusting to the new wheel.

Well, that is for open wheelers, still struggling with tin-tops and H-shifting, but I'm getting there.
I've been "in" for awhile now just using my mouse (up and downshifting via wheel scroller and no clutch help) You're still able to brake and blip the throttle but never able to hand control over the brakes...

Anyways, I'm really thinking about buying a G25 and taking this game to a whole new level today!
When i got S2 in the patch x days, i thought it was the best sim ever. Patch y made an awesome sim into a "keeping it real" race sim, and i just love this game from patch y on.
Ill join LFS has always been realistic.
Still recruiting
I would like to join "We're not glad LFS is hackable and more popular now" club
I believe that now demo cars are faster

PS:i join too
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :I'm in.

Waiting for brake temps mostly, & all things realistic.

Brake temps, brake wear, clutch wear, better suspension damage, aero "damage", gearbox failures, water and oil temps and "living" tracks (grip levels depending on temperature, race line and dirt on track), some weather would be nice too...

What, I went too far?
Dude you came with wonderful ideas!!!!!!!Damn, I hope they put these things too
/join
I am glad sir
Sorry I'm late ! I want in !! :bananalla
Let me join please please please

lfs 4 ever
Quote from bbman :What, I went too far?

No you didn't

Add: ambient temp, track temp (varies shade to sun), humidity, barometric pressure, rain, dynamic wether, track surfaces that are less smooth (tracks aren't perfect irl), dynamic rubberised racing line, dry line on moist track, oil/water/deberis spillage from accidents on track, better aero modeling overall not just aero damage and tyres but I want say what because I'll get my head bitten off

I could go on but I've gotto leave work and go home now
Joined.
Quote from Glenn67 :... and tyres but I want say what because I'll get my head bitten off

?
Realism is why I started playing LFS.

The more realistic, the better, even if it means some things are more difficult.
I don't play games because they are hard/easy. I don't care if some things make it harder or easier, as long as it makes them more realistic.

Games I have used to play:
LFS - Realistic driving-simulator
Orbiter - Realistic space-simulator
Armed Assault - As realistic as FPS can come. Almost.
Operation Flashpoint - Same reason. Same game, different graphics.
Dunno about the realism...

For me the pursuit of hardcore realism in games/simulators usually equal good community by keeping kids (mental infants) and attention whoring trouble makers out via the sheer learning curve.

Not having silly handicaps or NOS boosts to lessen the severity of driver mistakes mean everyone's the same line and it's down to the skills (setting up, driving, tactics, teamwork) to take the podium.

Who devotes their time usually respect his peers. Not sure if I can put that correctly but I like LFS because of the clean, fair, tough and occasionally diminishing racing community around it who get kicks on good racing.

EDIT: Ok that was a messy post... I blame the tab of ketamine.
I am in in in in in

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG