The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
If that already saved your day... what about a picture of it installed in a 944?

Ohh how i miss that car...
Attached images
94401.jpg
94402.jpg
Quote from jibber :If that already saved your day... what about a picture of it installed in a 944?

Ohh how i miss that car...

I love your interior! Mine sucks (Brown and "reddish").
At least you still have one (interior)... lol! The car is gone...
Quote from jibber :At least you still have one (interior)... lol! The car is gone...

What happend? You had to sell it.. or something worse?
It was an accident. An old man didn't pay attention... he was comming from a "side-street" and wanted to go the same way i was going. He didn't see me, and ended up right in front of me. Braking was obviously not going to stop me in time, so my only way to escape was driving into the grass/field next to the road.

Unfortunately there was some sort of big stone in there... in german it's called a "grenzstein"... they are put in the ground and sticking out about 20-30cm. This stone managed to slice up/bend my car from the front all the way to the back (the bottom of the car). It was not worth to be fixed... which is meant like... the costs for fixing the car would be higher than what the insurance company pays. Plus the frame of the car was bent aswell, and i didn't want a car which had damage like that (even if fixed, this can still be bad, especially on a sportscar).

I eventually bought another one with the insurance money. However, i couldn't find one in such a good condition. It was still fun, but not the same as the other one. I sold it again after about a year.

The previous one looked almost like a new car. I don't know if the previous owner was a cleaning fanatic, but i've rarely seen a 15 year old car with 100'000km that looked almost like new. Several people from the "scene" told me things like "be careful with it, you'll probably never find one like that again" when they've seen the car. I guess they were right.

Nevertheless, no matter how sad the loss of this car was... most important is that nobody got hurt in that accident!
That's a real shame! I always think: although it goes against your human reaction and thinking pattern, always crash into the car, don't try to avoid it.
Most heavy crashes come from people trying to avoid a crash, more often hitting something harder than the car (or animal) that got in their way.
And also, in case of insurance, if you're not fully covered and you didn't hit the other car, the insurance will act as if you lost control and all costs are for yourself.
I hit/scratched the car on the side while trying to avoid him, so it was a clear accident.

And i have to say, i didn't think much, it was an instant reaction to try and avoid him. I agree this might be a dangerous "reflex", but in my case it actually saved us both from getting hurt i think. He was doing about 10km/h compared to the 80km/h i was driving. I guess i would have hit him with about 40-50km/h if going straight into him. There really was not much braking distance left after he drove onto the street right in front of me.
Quote from jibber :I hit/scratched the car on the side while trying to avoid him, so it was a clear accident.

And i have to say, i didn't think much, it was an instant reaction to try and avoid him. I agree this might be a dangerous "reflex", but in my case it actually saved us both from getting hurt i think. He was doing about 10km/h compared to the 80km/h i was driving. I guess i would have hit him with about 40-50km/h if going straight into him. There really was not much braking distance left after he drove onto the street right in front of me.

That is really a shame, but good that it ended that well as could been much worse.

Too many has license and not enough skills to operate car safely, in here restrictions are enforced to traffic constantly instead of lifting bar to obtain license tad higher and that pisses me off big time.

I had bit similar experience that of yours, this time it was some young kid, that just came to road without looking and I was driving well 80kph, had no time to brake at all, I did know that I oncoming lane is empty for at least 200 meters, so quickly made move to go for there and even tail got bit loose because of snow and ice I managed just and just avoid that car, kept my car in proper direction and while I overtook him naturally I pushed horn and kept it pushed for few seconds while acting immature with showing my middle finger to him, shameful, but at the moment could not think straight, I was very angry to that driver as if there would been oncoming traffic it would been trip to hospital no matter what I had done.
Quote from jibber :...but i've rarely seen a 15 year old car with 100'000km that looked almost like new

I know what you mean. 951 (944 turbo) that has been driven less than 150k is really rare indeed! Mine has 130k km, and it is in good shape (Except some things. For example, digital clock is damaged, seam in leather in wheel is partially loose and same thing in drivers seat seams). Last summer some jerk crashed to my side and thus some change of pigment in paint, nothing more. Unfortunately (Or luckily for him...) I wasn't there when it happened.
my car (:
what car do you have ?? then

Quote from Gekkibi :<3

Planning to buy Porsche 968 in the future. Much cheaper than any 911, but still has some style (Even it is front engined...)

Quote from needforspeeyy :what car do you have ?? then

Small hint could be his avatar, bit more can be revealed reading his posts just few posts above
LOLz dont say my car is bad wen you driv a peas off shit

Quote from JTbo :Small hint could be his avatar, bit more can be revealed reading his posts just few posts above

Quote from needforspeeyy :LOLz dont say my car is bad wen you driv a peas off shit

Nobody has said that, either you lost something in translation or then you are over-sensitive
Christ man, read his post properly before you get you panties in a bunch. He said the 968 has some style, even though it's cheaper than the 911, which of course, has more style.
Quote from needforspeeyy :LOLz dont say my car is bad wen you driv a peas off shit

Nothing wrong with your car. 928 is one of the best porsches I would like to have.

Of course any 911 is the best. Then 968, then 944 Turbo S (Really rare!), then 928.

Like I said, nothing wrong with your car. However, I dislike that kind of attitude. I don't "pose" with my porsche, because:
a) It isn't really that powerful (Neither is your 928), brand new volvo v70 has same amount of hp/kg.
b) You don't have to be "better than anyone else, only because I own a porsche". Yes, porsche is one fine sports car, but I like porsche over other expensive (Which our porsches aren't) sports car (Like Ferrari), because porsche isn't only for penis-enlargement... It is much more. It is a lifestyle, just like wearing dunderdon-pants or having an ibook (Well, nowadays it isn't that much of a lifestyle...)...

In other words: You decided to buy a porsche maybe for "wrong" (Other than my) reasons. It is not too late to change your attitude. Next time when someone is trying to do a drag racing in street lights, do this: When the light goes green, accelerate normally. You don't have to show what's your car are made of, because it is a porsche.

And it is an old porsche, treat it like one or you will shorten it's lifespan. Aprox 75% of the porsches ever made are still on driving condition, and that is because this ideology.

If you want to learn more about gentlemen-ideology, join Porsche Club. They also arranges Porsche Racing Cup to those who wants to drive really fast (On a track, not on public roads, of course)...
Quote from Jakg :So a 14 year old has a 968 with what I can only guess is a tuned engine.

Yeah i'm not buying it.

928s. Whole lot different than 968...
(About same difference that is between 924 and 944: Some minor cosmetic changes in interior and exterior, plus 944 has more power (Plus zinc in body so it won't rust))

Edit: His profile says:
Interests:
Drifting in a porsche 928

Oh my god! Have mercy! It won't last long! It is piece of history, not some kind of supa-car from Nippon!!
He wrote 928, not 968. But if he's really 14 years old, yeah, hard to believe...

EDIT: Too slow!
Quote from Jakg :So a 14 year old has a 968 with what I can only guess is a tuned engine.

Yeah i'm not buying it.

Well, his acts in here, signature, profile, everything really gives out that he was certainly not at driving age, imo.

Quite sad, imo.
I kinda like the 914
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG