The online racing simulator
really looks great
Update, Version 0.2: see first post in this thread.

regards and a happy new year
Thanks!!
can't wait to try it out!
for anybody that was/is stuck with the same problem as me: you need to create the "pth" and "cam" folders yourself and then move the corresponding files, i think the author forgot to do that
Quote from troy :for anybody that was/is stuck with the same problem as me: you need to create the "pth" and "cam" folders yourself and then move the corresponding files, i think the author forgot to do that

ok, fixed this. Need to say that I hate winzip, arrrgh.
Great, only thing to add is incar shots to spice it up sometimes. And it misses crashes sometimes think it should in automode show them while happening. But the director part has been really developed now. Maybe it would be nice to be able to select a camera instead of a car sometimes in manual mode
awesome work everyone. I do agree with MArco though..... I think it should somehow use the LFS incar view..... if that was possible as that can really help viewing a lot I think

but loking really good so far ----
Something i noticed when leader finishes race the focus should go to the finishline. I nearly always miss the victory because the system chooses to keep following the cars it was following.

Its all finetuning as for the rest i really find the system very life-like.
Thx for the great improvements, Soeren.
Especially for higher framerates, the dashboard and no more needed InsimGateway!
Hi, intresting software...
Quote from Soeren Scharf :Feature Freeze Version 0.2

now writing documentation, change logs, make testing and fix some minor bugs.

Coming soon:
- Insim support for Patch X and later
- Devided the application into 2 separate executables (GUI and Control)
- GUI lets you control cameras manually (useful for professional broadcasters)
- Action detection completely rewritten (still based only on distance but in a much smarter way)
- Output of standings, driver information, lapcount or racetime (see attached screenshot)

kind regards
Soeren

Can someone point me to download this application, is something I have been looking for my broadcast LFS shows.
Thanks
Link is in first post of thread.

To Void:
It looks like the insimgateway is still in the software as it supports pre X in GUI. Might even be (my guess) why we have to apps now
I get this error after starting it. Any ideas??
I tried already every password i could have set anywhere, no luck.
In fact, i have no ideas what pass it means.

InSim : password does not match your multiplayer admin password
Quote from GabbO :InSim : password does not match your multiplayer admin password

You have to check your admin password, when you recive this very message:

You go to LFS and select the Multiplayer area. Then you select "Start new host". You select a track. After that you are in the server setup menu. Somewhere there is standing: ADMIN PASSWORD. The Password you set there, have to be tipped in the LFS TV Director.
Quote from GabbO :I get this error after starting it. Any ideas??
I tried already every password i could have set anywhere, no luck.
In fact, i have no ideas what pass it means.

InSim : password does not match your multiplayer admin password

that happens if you set a password in your server options (go to multiplayer, create server). remove the pass and you should be fine.
Bugfix, Version 0.2.1: see first post in this thread.

kind regards
Soeren
Thanks for the bug squashing.

Will qualifying functionality be added at any point? It would be nice, but I imagine it might be a lot of work.
Quote from duke_toaster :...Will qualifying functionality be added at any point?...

of course, it will. I have planned to do this already in the next release, but until then I need to verify some things.
Ah, thats why i couldnt set the password so that it worked right ...
Thanks for the fix.

Btw: is there a way planned to get more cam files, i.e a community upload platform/you collect and include them, or only by making them yourself?
Quote from GabbO :...
Btw: is there a way planned to get more cam files, i.e a community upload platform/you collect and include them, or only by making them yourself?

Of course I plan to include cam files for the other tracks too.... later.
And of course you can also share your own cam files with other users in this thread.

kind regards
Soeren
Uhmm, would be cool if the TV Director could handle different "camera packs".
So I make my own pack but at the same time I could download another one. (Yes I can do that now too, but I have to copy the cam-files in the right folder and backup the "old" ones in another folder)

Either the different packs could have different folders or a different prefix in the .cam name like KSA_BL1.cam
Your cams could be named as DEFAULT_BL1.cam etc.

Then the pack should be selectable in the TVdirector.exe or in the TVdirectorGUI.exe.

In the case the current track is not included in the selected camera pack the TVdirector could use your default cam.

Just a thought/wish.

Btw. I like the new release very much
this is probably one of the best additions to the game. for a league admin it offers broad possibilties for broadcasting events. with the GUI tool hooked on you even can do your own directing. with that minimap you even can spot accidents when doing race reviews. and for watching online some pickup races while eating soup its just awsome.

keep up that great work sören! btw. are you planning to be able to put a logo on the top right corner? maybe could help some people who are planning to do live-streams...
Good Work
I would like to remove the buttons that say what lap is and who are the racers, can i do this? Because i want to make a movie
Quote from Andrei221 :I would like to remove the buttons that say what lap is and who are the racers, can i do this? Because i want to make a movie

Use an older version

LFS TV Director, Release 0.3
(646 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG