The online racing simulator
single driver race problem
There appears (to me) to be a problem with the X System when running a single car race. If there is only one person on the server, the following happens:

1) After the first lap, you are auto-spectacled for being idle too long. This happens while driving and turning decent lap speeds.

2) The X system reports a heck of a lot of yellows. I went off track 3 times in 14 laps and have 20 Yellows tacked onto my license.

3) The X System records the fact that laps were run, but not that the race was finished. This reflects in the driver's completion percentage.

Cheers.
Sounds to me more like a restart of the system during your race and we know weird results can come from that.
homepage 'error', more something that is not true atm. You cant select UFR and XFG as GT2 anymore.
  1. The traditional CTRA licence, graded from Bronze through Titanium, now making use of all tin-tops and introducing a fantastic new formula, the GT2 (XFR, UFR and engine/weight-restricted GTRs - details) and the hugely popular UFBabyR (engine-restricted UFR).
EDIT: Seems you can select them now so no longer an issue
Rejoining Bug
I have noticed there is a way of getting around the rejoin race blocker.
If u roll onto your roof during a race then just sit there, the system auto spectates you. Then if try to rejoin you can.
Normaly you may only join the race once, else 'your car is being repaired'

just though I should mention it
Sam, LX6's and RAC's are being grouped in with the TBO's, and FZ5's are being thrown as "STD" Class, Config issue?

<see attachment>
Attached images
uhohs.jpg
OHTEHNOEZ..jpg
My little bug:

I think I've seen it posted before in another guise, but I thought I should mention it again.

I said "very sorry" (bind, I say sorry an awful lot) twice in the race, and then 2 laps later I said it a third time and got the SPAM WARNING message. This was at FE1 at Race1.

I was thinking maybe removing any messages with "sorry", "soz" or "sry" from the spam list within 5 seconds of contact being made with the car that said "sorry". I don't know if inSim or whatever thingy you use allows you this detailed option, but I would have thought you could because the LFS training levels detect collisions.

While I'm here, can we explode/warn people who mention the word "setup" more than 3 times while a race is running? I feel sorry for the leaders who are harrassed a lot and can't really give setups while racing at full speed. After race it's less of an issue; but during the race I think it is rude!

I don't think I have any more ideas for you!
#57 - SamH
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Sam, LX6's and RAC's are being grouped in with the TBO's, and FZ5's are being thrown as "STD" Class, Config issue?

<see attachment>

Working on this at the moment. It's just the results screen that isn't right, so it doesn't affect anything significant in the system. I'll get that fixed in time for tonight's update
#58 - SamH
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I was thinking maybe removing any messages with "sorry", "soz" or "sry" from the spam list within 5 seconds of contact being made with the car that said "sorry". I don't know if inSim or whatever thingy you use allows you this detailed option, but I would have thought you could because the LFS training levels detect collisions.

There is a timeout for repeated messages, which itself is less than 5 seconds. You would have to be sending a lot of "sorry"s in a very short space of time to fall foul of the spam system, quite honestly. The SPAM WARNING message that you're seeing is a cue. That message is sent to a player if they are one repeated message away from being kicked off the server for spamming. If you get that message, you should wait a few moments before saying anything further in the server in order to avoid being kicked.
Quote from SamH :There is a timeout for repeated messages, which itself is less than 5 seconds. You would have to be sending a lot of "sorry"s in a very short space of time to fall foul of the spam system, quite honestly. The SPAM WARNING message that you're seeing is a cue. That message is sent to a player if they are one repeated message away from being kicked off the server for spamming. If you get that message, you should wait a few moments before saying anything further in the server in order to avoid being kicked.

As I said, it was at least 2 laps after I last said it.
#60 - SamH
Quote from Mp3 Astra :As I said, it was at least 2 laps after I last said it.

I'll see if I can reproduce it. Ta
#61 - troy
can't thank you enough for bringing back LRF class on race2. was waiting for it since stcc changed to ctra

had some great racing already today
#62 - FL!P
On Single Seater 1, at the top of the results sheet it still says "Formula Renault".
#63 - SamH
Quote from FL!P :On Single Seater 1, at the top of the results sheet it still says "Formula Renault".

I can't reproduce this. Can you get me a screenshot? Are you sure you weren't in SS2 at the time?

SS1=FBM=Formula BMW
SS2=FOX=Formula Renault

[edit] ignore that, I'm looking at it now on the live server!

Noted.. will fix. Thanks
#64 - SamH
Quote from FL!P :On Single Seater 1, at the top of the results sheet it still says "Formula Renault".

Fixed, thanks!
#65 - FL!P
Cool!
There are no barriers in the huge sandtrap before T1 at Blackwood RallyX Rev on Race 1 server, so invariably several drivers will totally cut T1 and make up several seconds by flying straight through there. Earlier today half the field of 20 or so were doing it.
Report them, they will be fuxx0red
Quote from Lateralus :There are no barriers in the huge sandtrap before T1 at Blackwood RallyX Rev on Race 1 server, so invariably several drivers will totally cut T1 and make up several seconds by flying straight through there. Earlier today half the field of 20 or so were doing it.

one report could get 10 or so drivers cautioned (or worse) for this blatant course cutting!
I hope you did file a report, I would have! and I would have indicated that many thought it ok to do it too. as I think sheep like actions (Ill do it because they did it) and atitudes, account for alot of the bad habits some people pickup. if people dont want to listen to someone saying "please dont cut" on the server, maybe a few points deducted will encourage them to behave like gentleman racers once more

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :account for alot of the bad habits some people pick up

True, but on Race 1 there are no license requirements and new drivers should be expected. They'll copy the behavior of the faster drivers. I did it myself when I was new to LFS and the entire server of 20+ players did it every lap. I thought it was the normal racing line.

There should be barriers there to avoid the whole thing altogether.
IIRC, there were barriers in the old BL track. And you got spectated if you tried to cut. As the track has changed in size the barriers have to be moved. I believe it's on the to-do list for the admins.

If not, it bloody well should!
Im sure one of the CTRA admins could drop a marshall in there when they get a chance that would be real fun to watch the 1st lap lol

SD.
That was actually my suggestion Sparky, and Sam said it was genius, he just has to do it .
Is there a reason why LFS World shows my three wins on UF-BR on January 5th starting at 23:17 but CTRA-X only show 1? One race had 2 drivers and the other two had 3 drivers according to LFSW.

thanks.

EDIT:

Never mind. Saw the answer here.
#74 - SamH
Quote from Lateralus :There are no barriers in the huge sandtrap before T1 at Blackwood RallyX Rev on Race 1 server, so invariably several drivers will totally cut T1 and make up several seconds by flying straight through there. Earlier today half the field of 20 or so were doing it.

Oh yes - I was on there too. Everyone used to cut it in the demo so I did it on CTRA too. But when I noticed most other people went round, I did too. (as not to be accused!)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG