The online racing simulator
Thanks Scawen -and the whole dev team i guess- for your hard work and fantastic racing sim! I am not racing very long, but LFS has opened a new world for me! (.'_',)
Any1 else getting an obsolete replay message trying to open a replay done before patch y?
I lost my setups after installing this.
Any ideas why? :s
Kudos to our dev's for more fantastic work.

Some close battles in the FBM have blown my mind, seeing the track through the wings of my opponents.

The bar keeps getting raised... Now about those new interiors....
Quote from Elderado :Any1 else getting an obsolete replay message trying to open a replay done before patch y?

This patch is physics incompatible
All replays that were made before patch Y won't work anymore.
Quote from NabZ245 :I lost my setups/skins after installing this.
Any ideas why? :s

You'll have to rename them (three letter prefix: for example, "XF GTi_MySet.set" must now be "XFG_MySet.set") and move them to <LFS>\data\setups.

Look here for a tool that renames the setups automatically.
Thanks Scawen :headbang::elefant::rally_dri:laola:
Quote from JTbo :You could try to think it as a completely new track? It is called Blackwood but it is not much of anything same, except amount of corners and layout remotely similar to old one, but other that that it is completely different track. It is bit like Fern Bay Green and Aston Cadet, that much different.

But it is still ok to not like from it of course

Bollocks to it.. im back on X or whatever its called.. far better
Awesome!

Merry Christmas!
Some people need to remember or read about all the changes, old PB's don't mean anything and setups will need tweaking.
What a wonderfull gift to put under the chrismas tree !
Thank you Scawen for all this work.
Quote from Ssr_Nick :Bollocks to it.. im back on X or whatever its called.. far better

Enjoy racing by yourself then.. im sure most people will be racing on patch Y ^^
Tnq Live For Speed Team!

:yummy:
Well dont let the door hit you on the backside on your way out Nick
#139 - chk
Merry Christmas and thank you for the new patch
Quote from Ssr_Nick :im back on X or whatever its called.. far better

No way...Y is the future*! Yes Yes Yes

Oh, and thanks Scawen for a great patch! Merry Christmas, and have a nice vacation!

* Until next patch
Thanks Scawen, Eric and Victor!

Have a merry christmas and a happy new year!
Quote from AndroidXP :This patch is physics incompatible
All replays that were made before patch Y won't work anymore.

You'll have to rename them (three letter prefix: for example, "XF GTi_MySet.set" must now be "XFG_MySet.set") and move them to <LFS>\data\setups.

Look here for a tool that renames the setups automatically.

I think this setup renaming should have really been made automatic during the patching process So many people have been asking about this and for real good reason too.
I just can stop driving with the formula, so fast...so real...
Merry Christmas!
I agree, it's quite unusual for Scawen to make such a drastic change without a easy possibility to retain the old setups. Maybe he figured due to the changes the old setups were mostly invalid anyway, so it wouldn't make any sense to continue using them
Thanx for all your hard work Scawen, Eric, Victor!

Have a nice Y-mas, You deserved it

Scawen, Eric and Victor, congratulations on setting a new milestone for LFS. I think this patch has become a very important one, probably the most significant in recent history. Some great developments that lead LFS into the next era. Scawen, I genuinely admire the way you handle the development and your ability to keep your head clear through all the discussion (often good and useful, but often times also bad and nonconstructive). I would have gone insane, that's for sure. After hearing your voice in the patch Y preview video I think you must be a very calm and rational person (you sound so calm and "zen-ish"
Anyway, I'm loving the new patch, take your rest now guys, but I can't wait to see what the future will bring us next

Oh, and a Merry Christmas to you guys and your loved ones, and to everybody in the LFS community

Second oh: to the people complaining about being slower now: boo-frecking-hoo! Ask yourself what the goal of racing is (or should be anyway) Is it enjoying racing with people and aiming for the best possible classification at that time or is it setting new PB's? I seriously don't get the problem. It's just been released today, buckle up and practice to get faster. And enjoy the challenge instead of waisting your time complaining.

Can you picture Kimi Raikonnen complaining "I'm so pissed right now, they changed the chicane at Monza, now my laptimes are 1 second slower Change it back! Change it back!"
Quote from JTbo :You could try to think it as a completely new track? It is called Blackwood but it is not much of anything same, except amount of corners and layout remotely similar to old one, but other that that it is completely different track. It is bit like Fern Bay Green and Aston Cadet, that much different.

But it is still ok to not like from it of course

That's just not the point!
Some people simply don't have the time to practice every day.
Even the last Patch threw me back and it took a long time (for me as no excessive player) to even get close to the times I reached before.
I just wanted to log in today, enjoy my set which I created during the last year and drive some laps with the line I trained.
I wanted to enjoy the work I put in and now I'm back again like a noob.
Maybe you who play very often don't understand that since you're kind of "satisfied" as you hat enough time to enjoy what you reached.

New is ok, but if conditions getting worse and worse per patch you know how fast you were able to take corners before and see that you're 20 or 30 km/h slower now it's just annoying!

Well I'll uninstall LFS and play with the X patch (when I even get the motivation to continue, since atm I'm just really pissed off) and wait for patch Z hoping things will get better.

But I doubt it since that'll cause a rework of setups again which will push me back even further!

Maybe LFS just became to complex for people not playing 24/7........ :'(
Quote from batteryy :I just can stop driving with the formula, so fast...so real...
Merry Christmas!

A demo RACER!!!! Hooray for the dieing breed. Hope you enjoy and manage to get S2 soon!
Quote from (-Mark-) :Enjoy racing by yourself then.. im sure most people will be racing on patch Y ^^

will do.. but ill enjoy not going over a second slower..

I mean seen as we FUND this game they should atleast let us know of changes before hand and have a vote of what to do and what not to do..

and blackwood is now SHIT!!
Thanks LFS team

Have a very merry XMAS :wmann3:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG