The online racing simulator
had the demo for ages , recently got myself a r25 wheel so got s2
simply fantstic, i now have sore arms etc

see you around
Quote from Captain Slow :hi, im not a brand new player, (although still a bit of a noob), but iv noticed that everytime a new player joins and introduces themselves, they start a new thread, so i thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where new players can introduce themselves without starting a whole new thread each time. (probably the most sensible idea ive had i think )

EDIT: thanks to janezki for turning this into a sticky, so please try to keep it clean, and welcoming to all new players.

Prepare to loose your social life!!!
And watch out for Tristan!! And JakG!!!!

ive sent u message on lfsworld im egghed6 but i race as captain slow. great idea by the way and the red bold is so true! lol!
c u on the trak
i can jsu about do those times in the first car and ive had s1 for about 2 months. Driving aand finding new setups will become natual after a while and soon ull be flying around blackwood! good luk
Hi! My name in game is Reiben and if u want to play with me add me to XFire my XFire account name its reibenn
BUT! im not good driver
But cya in the game!
Well hello,

Been playing LFS for about three weeks now with a G25 and can't get enough of it. The realism compared to other sims is just astounding. I'm still struggling with heel and toe, but at least it works with LFS compared to the pedal setup of my rl dodge caliber.
Looking forward to joining the online racing community once I get the hang of the basics of keeping on the track.

Bbye for now

My gf for a 350Z
Quote from serenaya :Well hello,

My gf for a 350Z

Will you accept a toy 350Z?

Yep it is a great sim, welcome to you
Quote from Arnaud Amaury :Hi
I'm guessing that I should try some online stuff. What is a fun server for a low key noob wanting to race either LX4 or MRT5?
Thanks and have fun,
Steve

Hi there,
I'm noob..ish as well and find that the "Volvolandia" server is welcoming for newbies who show interest and try hard, although I have no idea of the situation during your timeframe. It's often populated enough to have fun in Europena evenings, + currently running latest patch. Check it out!
And have fun.
My demo days are over, once when i was a demo i asked for stalling and now my dream came true and finally i can enter the race community. Although there are limited x30 servers hmm.....
new
Hi i am new to lfs i am only a demo racer at the mo but getting an s2 licence for x-mas look forward to racing you all and 1 question i have a driving force pro and wondering if this is anygood for this game
Quote from viper-2007 :Hi i am new to lfs i am only a demo racer at the mo but getting an s2 licence for x-mas look forward to racing you all and 1 question i have a driving force pro and wondering if this is anygood for this game

You are using the full game you just can't access all the content so if your DFP doesn't work in demo mode it won't work in S2 mode. Probably you set it up wrong. I use my DFP for more than 2 years in LFS without a problem.
:laola:

Hello!

I'm the Mole, often frequenting the Seloc Lotus forum if that means anything to anyone...?!

Just had my first hour or so online having downloaded the game tonight.

Great stuff! Look forward to racing a few of you soon!!
Hi,
I come from china, I very like lfs after try
Hi, ive been racing for 5 days and loving it so far
I have quite bit of experience from sims, and thats my main hobby really. You can atm catch me at CTRA race1, spending most of the time there.
I hear there's these newfangled 'automobile' things...
Hello everyone.

Just picked up S2 today after playing the demo on and off for months (whenever v. 0.5S came out, I forget). I plan on hopping onto the online servers to give competition a try and was wondering which servers would be most suitable for someone who's going to make mistakes and be a bit slower than the rest.

Gotta start somewhere.
Quote from Almightysim :Hello everyone.

Just picked up S2 today after playing the demo on and off for months (whenever v. 0.5S came out, I forget). I plan on hopping onto the online servers to give competition a try and was wondering which servers would be most suitable for someone who's going to make mistakes and be a bit slower than the rest.

Gotta start somewhere.

You could try.

1. CTRA race 1 in xfg and xrg or CTRA SS 1 in the FOX, usually very busy with a mix of standards, racers battling for points regulated by the first class CTRA system (CTRA is my personal favourite)
2. Redline for single seater perhaps
3. Cone Dodgers 1 for GTR cars
4. Any public server you fancy (the wise choice ) just declare yourself new in chat and try not to hit anyone and have fun.
Hello Hello

Im a gtr2, gtl kinda guy. was looking for a new sim to play and am trying to decide between lfs and rfactor. I was hoping you all might let me know what you love about lfs and why should get rather than rfactor ? really have nfi about these 2 games. getting demos atm
Quote from jordzan :Hello Hello

Im a gtr2, gtl kinda guy. was looking for a new sim to play and am trying to decide between lfs and rfactor. I was hoping you all might let me know what you love about lfs and why should get rather than rfactor ? really have nfi about these 2 games. getting demos atm

In short, incomplete and in no particular order:
1. Great very active multiplayer community (don't take the demo servers as a measurement of quality and maturity)
2. The community in general
3. The developers way of working and interaction with the community
4. Better, more advanced physics simulation
5. No "wrong (mod) version hell" like in rFactor
6. LFSWorld (a web application which keeps track of just about any statistic there is to know about your online racing activity and that of other racers). It's just so complete and well done.
7. Great value for money

And lots of other stuff. I suggest you read around the forums and look up topics which are about what people love about LFS, there's just so much

Oh, and welcome btw
My first day online ^^.
Hi all! ^^ Finally after years(since S1^^) i've got my LFS . Wish me luck(i'll need it ;p) online ^^. I wish You all a awesome holidays!
Hi all fellow racers, after playing the demo for about one year I finally decided to buy a s2 license. I joined only a few servers so far and it was a blast. Friendly people, no wreckers, no mismatches...what more can I ask for

Regards Hoshi

p.s.: I love the new FBMW
Thanks for your help joen, didnt even think to look for why i like lfs threads here
ive just been giving the demos a go and lfs seems alot more realisitic, is it just me
or rfactor seems like arcadeish game almost. Ive played a fair bit of racing sims over the years but never online, is there ranks or somthing similar for the race servers ?
cheers again, cant wait to race with you guys.
Hi All
Just wanted to stop by and say hello. Been using LFS for a while, but have been out of it for a bit (new computer, new grand daughter, etc.).

Hope to see you folks on the track sometime.

BTW: The name is Jim, and I'm in Syracuse, NY

Take Care,

Jim
#948 - chk
I loved the demo and finally here I am with S2, so.. Hello everyone!
Quote from egghed6 :ive sent u message on lfsworld im egghed6 but i race as captain slow. great idea by the way and the red bold is so true! lol!
c u on the trak

hi. i dont race as captain slow anyway. infact i dont actually race anymore and lfs isnt even on ym computer cos i never got back o reinstalling it after it got wiped. but have fun. nice to see this thread stil exists.
Hi all, Im a noob as you can see from my join date (Sep 2003).

Uh.... Yea... So.....

I've never played lfs before... ever.... Not even right now...
This post doesnt make any sense...

And uh....

ITS LOSE. NOT LOOSE.

New players say hi here
(3703 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG