The online racing simulator
Oooh, only a stones throw away this time. I'm interested!
Quote from STROBE :The Tuxedo Princess? Technically it's not in Newcastle. I'm not even sure if the damn thing's still there. Have they torpedoed it yet?

Thankfully 'The Boat' is no more, or will be very shortly anyway.
Count me in. I can pick up anyone near the Oxford area and up =)
Quote from Viper93 :Count me in. I can pick up anyone near the Oxford area and up =)

Your 10 minutes closer then me
Quote from three_jump :If it's in august I would try my best to come over again

do you or someone else happen to know if the uk requiers biometric passports now?

anway a chance to meet kev and punch intrepid in the face ... sounds pretty sweet to me so if its june or later is might seriously consider joining
fllights to london apparently cost ~80€ roundtrip so if i could hitch a ride its doable for me
Quote from Shotglass :do you or someone else happen to know if the uk requiers biometric passports now?

anway a chance to meet kev and punch intrepid in the face ... sounds pretty sweet to me so if its june or later is might seriously consider joining
fllights to london apparently cost ~80€ roundtrip so if i could hitch a ride its doable for me

Closest airport is Newcastle, don't know if there's a direct flight from your end though.
Also, daily sailings Amsterdam - North Shields may be of use to some.
What the heck is a biometric passport?, never heard of us needing one, might be a cunning ploy to keep the Germans out.........
Quote from Viper93 :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biometric_passport

I have heard that all new passports in the UK would be biometric, but I have not looked at when.

All new ones since some time in 2006 are biometric, pretty sure that having one isn't a requirement to enter the UK though, unlike some countries (or even one country).
Quote from Shotglass :anway a chance to meet kev and punch intrepid in the face

:ices_rofl I cannot be held responsible for anyone's actions

/disclaimer

Quote from Shotglass : ... sounds pretty sweet to me so if its june or later is might seriously consider joining

The current thinking is August. I'm waiting to hear back from the venue again to see if any of the Saturdays in August are already taken. Along with the answers to a bunch of other questions. Will post the response here when I get it.
Franky mentioned something about Paintballing. Maybe we could make a weekend of it and have some of that too. Id love to shoot you bob
The feelings mutual.

I'll investigate that once the first event is settled. Althought you're asking to feel like death on Monday if you want to go karting one day followed by paintballing the next. You'll be lucky if you can move. Any excuse for a day off, eh?
Quote from Bob Smith :The feelings mutual.

I'll investigate that once the first event is settled. Althought you're asking to feel like death on Monday if you want to go karting one day followed by paintballing the next. You'll be lucky if you can move. Any excuse for a day off, eh?

yeh, would be a killa but i have to admit would be great fun
I suck at paintballing, so I'd just be a target for you all. But if you're up for some cannon fodder...
Quote from Bean0 :Closest airport is Newcastle, don't know if there's a direct flight from your end though.

there might be one but the only airports air berlin (cheap) has to offer are london and manchester and flights to manchester are apparently rare and comparably expensive

Quote from Bean0 :All new ones since some time in 2006 are biometric, pretty sure that having one isn't a requirement to enter the UK though, unlike some countries (or even one country).

i assume a standard id is enough seeing as youre part of the eu?
im just asking since the uk is a wee bit paranoid when it comes to security (no i dont look like a brazilian electrician so no worries there)

Quote from Bob Smith :The current thinking is August. I'm waiting to hear back from the venue again to see if any of the Saturdays in August are already taken. Along with the answers to a bunch of other questions. Will post the response here when I get it.

sounds good
only requirement for me is not in may or earlier since my diploma thesis is due at the end of may so i wont have much time for joyrides until then
You need a passport to get in, even though you are an EU citizen you still need to show one.

Funny thing about Europe, I remember riding across 5 countries, not showing my passport once, but the only time I got stop and searched and asked for a passport was when I re-entered my own country, go figure......
Don't mumble about plastic explosives in passport control. I did that once, and my girlfriend's handbag got a thorough searching...
You mean a standard ID card isn't enough to enter the UK? It is for any other country...

Anyway, closer to the date I'll know if I can make it. Probably not
Quote from tristancliffe :Don't mumble about plastic explosives in passport control. I did that once, and my girlfriend's handbag got a thorough searching...

They have signs in the airports now telling you that you're not allowed to make jokes about bombs or they'll kick you out and ban you from the airport. It's hard though - jokes about bombs just slip out unconsciously...
Quote from Gil07 :You mean a standard ID card isn't enough to enter the UK? It is for any other country...

Anyway, closer to the date I'll know if I can make it. Probably not

Dunno, but I am fairly sure photo ID can only be used for internal travel, and international travel must be with a passport.

Might be wrong though.....
i might think about it , dependin when it is , if its in the summer im not sure i can make it , work wont be happy with me takint time off at the busiest month
I will be up for this, so long as it is on a weekend

Also interested in lift sharing for Norfolk (I can seat me + 6). Danowat?
Sounds like a lot of fun. Sadly I don't think I'll be able to make it, since I don't drive and god knows where my band will be by that time next year - we've already got gigs booked up until April.

But I might show up if I'm in the area. I wouldn't usurp anyone's spot by expecting to join in, but I could stand around and take pictures
Quote from driversbriefing :I will be up for this, so long as it is on a weekend

Also interested in lift sharing for Norfolk (I can seat me + 6). Danowat?

Chances are I'll be taking the bike, can't imagine being couped up in a car for 6 hours when I can do it on the bike in 4
lol, fair play. Get the chin on the tank and do it in 3

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG