The online racing simulator
32x32 looks all right
Yep.. same here now.. (32x32)

But is there still a option to make it nice at 48x48?
Quote from TheBandit_92 :Yes. Yes - we all see that, according to LFS MANUAL it is a travis copy. It is also similar to drive.

Ignore the LFS manual it's user created content so you get some glaring misunderstandings like the UF1 being a Daihastsu Trevis and the FO8 being a GP2 car (both now corrected ).

The UF1 is clearly based off the old Mini based off weight dimensions and even the inspiration for the dashboard is instantly recognizable
to any Mini fan, it's not an under powered 865kg supermini with a topless cowboy as a mascot.
The icons are only in 16px, 32px and 64px inside this multi-res icon...
I can try to make another in 48px though, but no idea if that works in windows
Anyone else having problems with the icon? (or, anyone else using non-standard icon resolutions? )
Quote from ORION :The icons are only in 16px, 32px and 64px inside this multi-res icon...
I can try to make another in 48px though, but no idea if that works in windows
Anyone else having problems with the icon? (or, anyone else using non-standard icon resolutions? )

It will work, by default XP has a maximum icon size of 48*48 (this size is used for the "tiles view" in a folder). To use bigger than that a registry modification is needed. I would appreciate a 48 one

Or release a .PNG version, so anyone with docks or different icon sizes can make their own out of it
ahh
so that means, the 64px one should actually be 48 px
thx

gotta go now, Im back online in like 2 hours, so the icon will be there a bit later...
I extracted the 64x64 icon, and scaled it down to 48x48. I modified my LFS.exe to include the 48x48 icon, but I don't that it would be a good idea to upload it.
Attached files
lfsicon_48.zip - 6.1 KB - 230 views
Trying to update from X31 to X32, but download always stops at 14% or 19%, I've tried all the servers several times.

Is there another way to download it? Like http or ftp download?

EDIT: solved, troubles with my adsl/isp.
The new icon looks ok in "icons" view, but looks low-res (as was posted) in "tiles" view, which is default in XP, when browsing folders...
Its working fine for me, just updated a minute ago.
why does the clutch wear out so dang fast....
even in auto matic it wont last long
where can u check what version u r running

Mck
When I try to use the autoopdater, I get this whenever (and whatever) mirror I try to select. "Could not open the restarter problem"...
Quote from Mikjen :where can u check what version u r running

Mck

On the startup screen.
Quote from LasseVP :Funny thing... I'm runnin XP :/

Have you actually looked at the post Scawen linked to?
How do I change the Icon?

I have the good looking one. But cant seem to change it.
You can't. Well, you can, but you'd need something like ResHacker to do so. Just wait for Scawen to update the exe.
Quote from TheBandit_92 :I Agree with you on everything exept for the Uf1 thing. The original Daihatsu Trevis has a rev limiter. I do not own one but i have driven one. Its easy to go wrong on this, the UF1 looks so old but its actually a pretty new car.

I didn't say the UF1 shouldn't have a rev limiter, I said that it might not be able to reach its limiter

Sam
ok, here is the icon with 16, 32, 48 and 64 px:

http://www.franknaggies.com/download/lfs/lfs.ico

For changing the icon, you either need a tool to modify the one in the exe, or just wait for the new patch with the new one.
Otherwise you can assign the icon also to your link on the desktop.
Very Well

What i meant was the looks came from a Trevis, i agree that it originally is a Mini but still think the looks (headligts etc...) come from a Trevis....

Anyway... Any bugs yet?
Nice new icon, good job Orion Haven't checked out the new patch yet, no time
To the new LFS.exe is not so good looking compared to the old one

Just look at it. New isn't always better
Sorry if it sounds like moaning but it really does look worse than the old one to me.

To correct myself: It's not smooth enought as you can see.
Attached images
new&old icon.jpg
Good god, READ THE THREAD!
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG