The online racing simulator
Quote from TheBandit_92 :Anyway... Any bugs yet?

Yeah, the clutch behavior is still broken.

I've been waiting with baited breath, hoping that we would get a new patch today that would fix the clutch issues. We got the patch, but the most glaring problem - the clutch slipping - isn't fixed.

I'll be patiently waiting for the next test patch, hoping that the clutch gets fixed.
Quote from AndroidXP :Good god, READ THE THREAD!

well no worries
some people just dont have the time to read all posts - the fact that the related info was just a few posts above is just a bit unlucky
Quote from AndroidXP :Good god, READ THE THREAD!

So there is a "porblem" with 48x48?

BTW: XRG feels much better now, dunno why tho..
Quote from ORION :well no worries
some people just dont have the time to read all posts - the fact that the related info was just a few posts above is just a bit unlucky

Yeah look, I can perfectly understand repeated reports if something was hidden on page 4 of a 30 page thread or so, or maybe even if it was not on the current page. But posting a "bug report" that was discussed and fixed not 10 posts ago on the same page is just ridiculous.
Quote from Californian :So there is a "porblem" with 48x48?

BTW: XRG feels much better now, dunno why tho..

No the only problem is that you failed to read the thread. The icon issue you reported was reported, discussed and fixed a few posts ago...
Quote from Californian :To the new LFS.exe is not so good looking compared to the old one

Just look at it. New isn't always better
Sorry if it sounds like moaning but it really does look worse than the old one to me.

To correct myself: It's not smooth enought as you can see.

You noob.
Attached images
new&old icon.jpg
Well there's no reason to become angry is there?

Or is it more nice to moan about me being stupid/lazy than just pointing out the solution?

Im sure that your postcount makes you superior
you need a drink guys :P

Quote from Mikjen :where can u check what version u r running

check the bottom line in the main menu
*hugs Californian*
Attached images
sig.jpg
Well

I red the thread but there's no actual solution but waiting for Scawen to update the patch or is there?

Sorry for making you guys angry, take it easy.. I see the tention is making everyone so nervous
Quote from Californian :Im sure that your postcount makes you superior

Yes, far superior! :rolleyes:

PS: postcount += 1
PPS: Fully agreeing with The General Lee
Quote from Californian :I red the thread but there's no actual solution but waiting for Scawen to update the patch or is there?

Yes, as with any bug, we have to wait for Scawen to fix it
Quote from ORION :ok, here is the icon with 16, 32, 48 and 64 px:

http://www.franknaggies.com/download/lfs/lfs.ico

For changing the icon, you either need a tool to modify the one in the exe, or just wait for the new patch with the new one.
Otherwise you can assign the icon also to your link on the desktop.

I've saved the icon you linked to and will compile it into the next patch.

Quote from Cue-Ball :Yeah, the clutch behavior is still broken.

I've been waiting with baited breath, hoping that we would get a new patch today that would fix the clutch issues. We got the patch, but the most glaring problem - the clutch slipping - isn't fixed.

I'll be patiently waiting for the next test patch, hoping that the clutch gets fixed.

I don't have any plans to make any changes to physics before Patch Y. Patch Y must be out this week so I've just got a couple of days to fix a few more bugs, so there are then another couple of days in final testing with no more changes other than crashes and showstopper fixes.

The clutch seems to work fine as most people agree, it's easy to drive with if you release the throttle when you change up gears. Real clutches don't have grip that massively exceeds the engine torque by great multiples, there is clutch slip if you release the clutch when road and engine speeds are greatly mismatched. And real clutches do overheat quickly as well. So no real problems. As I've said before the engine simulation needs a big improvement but at the moment the clutch modelling doesn't seem any worse than the engine modelling and does its job quite well.
Well, the clutch works fine here. No problems i can see. Its maybe a tad too fast, but if you make it any longer then people will complain about it taking too long to overheat.

It does its job fine.

Job Well done Scawen, as usual
Quote from Scawen :I don't have any plans to make any changes to physics before Patch Y. Patch Y must be out this week so I've just got a couple of days to fix a few more bugs, so there are then another couple of days in final testing with no more changes other than crashes and showstopper fixes.

It's great to hear that the patch is on schedule, but I'm still let down by the clutch behavior.

Quote :The clutch seems to work fine as most people agree, it's easy to drive with if you release the throttle when you change up gears. Real clutches don't have grip that massively exceeds the engine torque by great multiples, there is clutch slip if you release the clutch when road and engine speeds are greatly mismatched. And real clutches do overheat quickly as well. So no real problems. As I've said before the engine simulation needs a big improvement but at the moment the clutch modelling doesn't seem any worse than the engine modelling and does its job quite well.

While I agree that the clutch is driveable and raceable, I personally wouldn't say that it's working quite well. While you're right that most clutches don't exceed the engine torque by great multiples, they also don't need to. As long as they have more clamping power than the engine has torque, even if it's just by a very slim margin, they don't slip. I have never, ever driven a car where the clutch would slip during powershifts unless that clutch was already very old and worn, or if it had been severely abused (lots of slipping of the clutch during launches, or "hill holding" with the clutch). In real life, clutches simply don't slip just because you made a fast shift. Either the tires will slip or the engine will bog, because the clutch is more powerful than both. Even with sticky drag radials and slicks, stock street clutches can usually hold the power no problem.

Like I said, the current clutch behavior is good enough to turn laps, but I do not believe it is realistic and I think it actually removes from the immersion.
So, will we see some suggestions taking part in Patch Y? Look button to be 45 percent for race cars and Formula's, and 90 for "road" cars? That's the most reasonable and realistic option in my opinion.. Anyway, maybe in the next patch...

P.S. can we get just a liiitttlleee hint on the release date for the "cockpits patch"

Sorry for off topic but i just can't seem to find any bugs with the test patches..
Hello devs, please release a download link for update from X31 to X32

All other things are waste of network traffic - and if i must reinstall lfs i have not the exe file when i use autoupdater????

Thanks and regards.
where can i download X32?
i can only find X30 for the client and X32 for hosts
Quote from matze54564 :Hello devs, please release a download link for update from X31 to X32

All other things are waste of network traffic - and if i must reinstall lfs i have not the exe file when i use autoupdater????

Thanks and regards.

You can install the official full version X, then update to X30, and then:

Quote from Scawen :AFTER X30 IS INSTALLED, update to X32 with the auto updater - just click Multiplayer... List of Hosts

Quote from matze54564 :Hello devs, please release a download link for update from X31 to X32

Just start LFS and go to Multiplayer --> Display List of Games. You'll automatically be prompted to download it

Quote from Scawen :The clutch seems to work fine as most people agree, it's easy to drive with if you release the throttle when you change up gears. Real clutches don't have grip that massively exceeds the engine torque by great multiples, there is clutch slip if you release the clutch when road and engine speeds are greatly mismatched. And real clutches do overheat quickly as well. So no real problems. As I've said before the engine simulation needs a big improvement but at the moment the clutch modelling doesn't seem any worse than the engine modelling and does its job quite well.

The clutch modelling is very realistic, but maybe the threshold (right word?) for clutch slip could be increased? After 2 laps of Blackwood in the XRT, the clutch is destroyed, even when I try to go easy. About 5 takeoffs will have the clutch in red, no matter how easy you go. Maybe that's just my aggressive driving style...

Thanks and regards.

You don't need the exe file for a testpatch when the next patch will be released in a week or so...
Quote from GeForz :You don't need the exe file for a testpatch when the next patch will be released in a week or so...

And Y will then be released only with auto updater and for every lfs installation must i download it??

Where save the lfs updater the updates - i cant find the folder.
Quote from matze54564 :And Y will then be released only with auto updater and for every lfs installation must i download it??

Where save the lfs updater the updates - i cant find the folder.

No, if you get it from within LFS, it will auto-install...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :No, if you get it from within LFS, it will auto-install...

No, it will auto download and waste my own network traffic^^ But i have only 6 lfs installations for some mods and test version^^ but if i have more licences in future for other people in our house then will it be really horrible if only the auto download possible. I hate all automatic download systems. Thats just a waste of network traffic. I download my windows updates in http://winfuture.de/UpdatePack
BTW. And i have redistributable SP2 for win XP and next year i have the redist SP3 after release.
Quote from Cue-Ball :
While I agree that the clutch is driveable and raceable, I personally wouldn't say that it's working quite well. While you're right that most clutches don't exceed the engine torque by great multiples, they also don't need to. As long as they have more clamping power than the engine has torque, even if it's just by a very slim margin, they don't slip. I have never, ever driven a car where the clutch would slip during powershifts unless that clutch was already very old and worn, or if it had been severely abused (lots of slipping of the clutch during launches, or "hill holding" with the clutch). In real life, clutches simply don't slip just because you made a fast shift. Either the tires will slip or the engine will bog, because the clutch is more powerful than both. Even with sticky drag radials and slicks, stock street clutches can usually hold the power no problem.

Like I said, the current clutch behavior is good enough to turn laps, but I do not believe it is realistic and I think it actually removes from the immersion.

I would say that on gravel there are problems, on tarmac not so much.

XFG on gravel indeed requires quite overcautious driving, it is when car lightens at bumps and then as rpms have gone high and car comes down where clutch starts to slip, so when you drive you need constantly baby the clutch.

I set AI cars to run 10 laps with so little fuel that they need to make a pitstop at lap 5, they drive carefully and lifting always when car gets light, all of cars had red clutch, also one did not finish the race as poor fella did got too much clutch heat.

But on tarmac, I would think that there is no problem that need immediate fixing, problems at gravel might prevent racing with AI if user likes to race 20 laps, also I doubt if I could drive so careful that I could manage that distance either and still call it racing.

Also here is one thing to consider, maybe XFG is not meant to last such punishment in first place?

I don't race on rally cross courses much, so I haven't tested other cars there, but this almost requires bit of that to see if that is XFG problem or general to cars used on rally cross course?

Edit:
Problem with clutch heating is not gear change, but even on same gear when car gets bit lighter at bump (not even jump) there is slippage on clutch with XFG.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG