The online racing simulator
TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
Yes cant wait omg loads of changes!
Quote from tristancliffe :Shame that damage is now non-fixable as there doesn't appear to be any incentive to not tap people out of the race (unless damage has more effect on the car)...

Really?

Quote from Scawen :Interface :

Damage repair is now a selectable option
Pit stop damage repair takes twice as long
Engines are no longer repaired in pit stops

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
I think it's great that they've exchanged the FBM with the XRT. Less drifters, and it will attract more "real" racers. And now I don't want to hear no more talk about that LFS dosen't have real cars.
This Patch is GREAT!
Yea me too lol!

Why is it so damn big??!?
5.7mb of 64.0mb. (Just noticed the number, Exactly 64? 64bit? lol)
7.02kb/sec 2hrs 21mins remain.. DAMIT!
Quote from chanoman315 :demoers will get the fbmw???????? it says new demo car: formula bmw someone confirm this plss

i think this is only for testing
nice

downloading
Quote from tikshow :i think this is only for testing

the fbmw for demo races is a lot... really a lot...
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand 696 online users at the forum. I think we will beat the existing record.
Quote from StewartFisher :Really?

Exactly.

Hit people in race (causing you damage, but not suspension damage, so your speed is 100% unaffected). Turn off repair. Pit (quickly). Continue.

To me, it means that Scawen will need to improve how damage slows cars down in the next patch to avoid people doing this (which I bet some will - the nice ones won't of course).
Quote from chanoman315 :
the fbmw for demo races is a lot... really a lot...

Well, perhaps. However it would balance out the type of demo content a bit, considering there are 2 quite similar cars and no race cars at all.
I love the change so that we don't have to fix damage. However, it would be nice to have a version of the "reset" command that would solely put the car back on it's 4 wheels and give it a slight push. This would be like track workers pushing a car, or rolling it back over (at least for tin tops).
It won't let me unlock.

No connection to the master server. :weeping:

Forget it. Worked now.
Ouch! No XRT for demo users! That's gonna hurt the cheapo drifters a LOT

And seperate JPGs for adverts? Is that the start of a new scheme to stream updated sponsors regularly? Not a bad idea if it is.

A damage repair toggle!

This is just like a list of things people have been asking about for ages finally enabled. Can't wait to see what this does to the world
WooT!
Quote from Dajmin :Ouch! No XRT for demo users! That's gonna hurt the cheapo drifters a LOT

And seperate JPGs for adverts? Is that the start of a new scheme to stream updated sponsors regularly? Not a bad idea if it is.

A damage repair toggle!

This is just like a list of things people have been asking about for ages finally enabled. Can't wait to see what this does to the world

It means people can make their own adverts..lol..

Im gonna make a few later today
I think replacing the XRT with the FB02 for demo is quite good overall. It balances the demo content, so finally demo users can also experience slicks and downforce, albeit only in its slowest form. Of course the "bad" side is that the new content probably adds another few years of free enjoyment, but on the grand scale the high popularity of the demo servers probably pays off more than "losing" customers due to giving too good demo content.
Error?
When i go to open up x30 it says Could not open file : data\skins\HEL_DEFAULT.jpg

Add me on msn - rocketmandan_946@hotmail.com or post here ;P
If you stall in the pits, can they restart you? Just tried it in the BF1, and it says (despite being in my garage) No starter motor... Surely the crew would start the car (with a delay)?

Edit: And after a race, the AI drive back to their garage - how splendid!!!!
Quote from tristancliffe :If you stall in the pits, can they restart you? Just tried it in the BF1, and it says (despite being in my garage) No starter motor... Surely the crew would start the car (with a delay)?

Or in case you stall your car in pit box, a primitive dog sprite raises from the bottom of the screen to laugh at you?
Racing in hidden server, just got 'FATAL NET ERROR : NETCON'.
And /w PB, /w HL etc doesn't work.
Did everything go down or is it me?
Stupid job.... 7 more hours.... blah

hmm, maybe I don't feel well...

Can someone post a screenshot of the F9/F10 screens?

Thank you Scawen!
XRT out of demo - yeah!
FBM in demo - nay! Why give demo users SUCH a present?
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG