The online racing simulator
In a word. Great!!!!!

I have a few questions though

1)When you say about digital speedo depending on type of car, will i still be able to select a analogue version for any car or will the speedo option be fixed depending on the car. Because im not a big fan of digital speedos.

2)Is this the official 'The patch will be released before xmas' release or is this just a test version? (i know it says it is a test in scawens post but im not clear about it). Is this the finished patch or will there be a final release of the finished patch soon.

Yay - you can stall the car now
Boo - i need to cut/blip on up/down shift - ill get the hang of it soon
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :@ Mr Huh: It's not strange for that type of trans, remember what's being simulated.

Oh right, i get it
I just burnt my automatic clutch after 8 laps of South City and it feels great
AI drivers cant drive in windy conditions yet
I cant start my LFS!

Only a BLACk SCREEN coming
What to do?!
Wow. The new South City looks absolutely gorgeous. So much subtle detail. Love the shadows too even though they are rather simplistic technically. They add so much depth to the scene now that the poly-count has gone up. A little bit disappointed Chicane Route didn't have a new section in it, but that is easily forgiven. Looked like there were the beginnings of a new track section off the side of the highway so maybe for S2 final?

I also enjoy the changes to Blackwood. Since it's narrower it has a more club-racingy feel to it now and that really fits the surrounding scenery.

Big thumbs up all around.
Quote from LiMiTED :i prefer the tool "Total Commander" for renaming all the names

google it

Thanks, cause the other had a limit of 250 files
if you try to change gear on BMW, you must to stop trottling to do it, if you keep full trottle, you cant change gear..
Bloody hell i will sit up all night changing setup names..
"Driver model byte added to IS_NPL packet"

Does that mean we're going to get the ability to force a racing suit model on for servers that don't want to see the hacked model?
Quote from Cue-Ball :I'm at work and haven't had the chance to try the new patch yet. Can anyone give impressions of the new tire physics? Does longitudinal grip seem improved?

is it improved? Only thing in the feature list is: "Racing tyres generate more heat and wear more quickly"

Don't know because still downloading.
Hey guys try connecting NOW . Also how can i get my old setups back?

John

PS its ok
Quote from LiMiTED :i prefer the tool "Total Commander" for renaming all the names

google it

Much better.
Thx is good
wow, I just watched the AI take it to the streets and they certainly have improved BIG TIME, you can tell right from the start.
Quote from EmilO :How does that work?

Download, install, find the folder, select all files you want to rename, go to "Files">"Multi-Rename Tool" and it should be simple from there. Just find and replace.
Quote from deggis :is it improved? Only thing in the feature list is: "Racing tyres generate more heat and wear more quickly"

Don't know because still downloading.

I'm not sure. I thought that the tires were going to get some changes for this patch, but with the addition of the BMW I'm not sure if that happened or not.
why have the skin names been changed in this beta from FormulaXR_ to FOX?

All the dloaded skins and my skins now don't work. Seems like that is creating a huge amount of work for everyone to change that....
Saaaweeet. This feels like a new game. My head is spinning trying to take it all in

Just had some quick runs round BL and SO and am posting some initial impressions.

FFB definitely feels much better. Kerbs/rumbles actually do vibrate massively now, and collisions feel a lot more solid than before.

Now there`s a 45 degree side view, I`ve finally been able to move my cockpit FOV down to a more realistic looking angle, rather than the distant arcadey view I had before (so i could see my mirrors in all cars). As a result, the speeds feel totally different, and the track graphics now appear big and daunting.

I`ve not managed a single lap so far without burning out my clutch, so that`s going to take some getting used to. The stalling is fun, but needing to hit the ignition button twice (off then on) is a bit annoying, maybe a bug, maybe it just simulates resetting the switches and restarting the engine?

The new SO looks really nice, although still uses low res textures as do the new BL graphics (although Mr Kar and myself will no doubt be updating them pretty damn soon)

Before I dive back in, I`m not too sure about the new FBMW. It seems just like a restricted FOX. I`ll need to try it more but it actually "feels" slower than the MRT....

..Oh yeah. The AI still love ignoring you and battering you off the track at full speed. I was kinda hoping that had gone :S

Still. I`m loving the new experience so far.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Download, install, find the folder, select all files you want to rename, go to "Files">"Multi-Rename Tool" and it should be simple from there. Just find and replace.

w00t? that werent easy. ive made it to Files > Multi-Rename tool, then?

Wait i THINK i got it :P
hahah gret man

nice patch
Scawen. Great work. Downloading ... faster...faster
great my patch and liveforspeed is working what so ever it says "could not find xfg_defualt.eng" ????
now i cant play
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG