The online racing simulator
Quote from pedrotski :why be a faggot and do that :S seriously, the xrt is the only reason i bought the game :S

You're saying that the devs are fags because they removed the XRT from the demo? Get a grip ..
Quote from pedrotski :why be a faggot and do that :S seriously, the xrt is the only reason i bought the game :S

You're licensed, so you'll still have the XRT
Quote from Vivanc0 :I think its very stupid
Im not going to pay 25 dollars for a stupid code

Nice attitude, EXACTLY the reason why the demo has FAR to much content in the first place.

So you think people should work for free just for you?
I find a mistake in game. When the race with AI drivers is over and they're going to pits, they are currently crashing each other... . I thing that everyone of AI's and online racers, should have got their own garage marked by number, assigned by their position on a start.
I only play this freaking game for the drift and xrg is still good enough to drift you only need to build a good set up, So its stupid to delete the xrt and replace it with fbm, The graphics have become many many times better thats true,

you silly pikey, get your wallet out you freeloading simpleton
ok not sure if this has been mentioned (to many posts in here now and i was "late" testing this patch), or if it was my fault

as3 track

5 ai drivers, took a fxr for a spin, after 5 laps i had blown both front tyres, pulled into the pits, refueled, message said tyres had been swapped, drove away with 2 front flat tyres!

came back into the pits

"tyres swapped"
drove away with 2 front flat tyres again
Quote from Vivanc0 :
xrg is still good enough to drift

So, what's the problem?
Quote :So its stupid to delete the xrt and replace it with fbm

No it´s not. It gives a much better impression of LFS now. And that is what the demo is meant for, a demonstration.
The LFS demo isn´t made to keep people happy that use the game for free.
I only play this freaking game for the drift and xrg is still good enough to drift you only need to build a good set up, So its stupid to delete the xrt and replace it with fbm, The graphics have become many many times better thats true,

To be honest, i think the devs should remove the XRG from the demo as well.
#634 - hda
NFS underground series got a drifting gametype afaik
Quote from Vivanc0 :Its wrong
Xrt gives a good impression
Xrg is just very sloooooooow
I think that i am not the only one playing this game for the drifting
I dont need al the fast cars, So im not gonna pay 12 dollars for only the xrt coz i wont use any other car :hidesbehi

You have to understand that this has nothing to do with what you think, or what you like. LFS is a comercial product, not freeware. So the demo has to be something that will make people buy the game after they try it, and not a "complete" game they can use for free and even think they can say what should be there or not...
And now for what´s best for LFS, we have a better demo:

- 2 road cars, a FWD and a RWD, that can race against each other, and very diferent to drive, so this is the best option to learn how to drive in LFS
- instead of the XRT - that´s is nothing more than a more powerful and turbo XRG - we have a single-seater, with downforce and a sequencial gearbox. A "real" car and a again a "totally" diferent driving experience from the other 2 cars.

So if you don´t want to pay for LFS, you can allways go and "drift" with other games... But don´t forget that probably none ot them will be as good for "drifting" as LFS is, and they are not free either!!
i thought it was 24 pounds for s1 and s2 combined
Quote from Bob Smith :Just tested with the LX6, revs definitely take longer to build up and fall away in neutral.

X10 inertia vector: 566, 113, 631
X30 vector: 566, 113, 631

So the answer is the former.

Damn, now how do I come up with an excuse for feeling things that aren't there?
Quote from Vivanc0 :Then a question
On the site it says 12 dollars for s1 and 24 for s2
But if you buy it for someone else it is s1 12 dollar and s2 12 dollar
Can someone explain coz now im realy thinking about buying it

1) It's British Pounds (£) not Dollars
2) S1 costs 12£
3) S2 costs 24£ (S2 includes S1 content)

If you buy S1 first and then upgrade to S2, you'll only have to pay the difference of 12£.
Each Stage costs 12£. Simple as that...
Yes, but that might confuse people who think they can buy S2 alone, without all S1 content
Throttle cut, Throttle blip and digital speedometer...
I think that option for Throttle cut on upshift, Throttle blip on downshift should be returned.
And in DEDI you could put an option for: Throttle cut on upshift, Throttle blip on downshift= yes/no.

Not all of us have a third clutch pedal and without it realising the throttle kind of sucks.

I'm really up set about digital speedometer because...
I think, how it is now, we have to drive on "feeling", which is OK, cars who only have analogue speedometer, but the one who has digital speedo I can drive more precise without that feeling of speed which we need at analogue speedo, like we used to have...

Why should I drive XFG on "feeling" and XRR on speedo?

From mine point of view this is not a way to improve reality.
Yes, it is, that kind of car have an analogue speedo in real life but again...

Quote from #SERT IRC - 10th December 2007 :[21:14] <SERT|nesrulz> why XFG doesn't have a digital speedo?
[21:14] <SERT|nesrulz> shit
[21:14] <SERT|nesrulz>
[21:17] <cyber|Misko> haha
[21:17] <cyber|Misko> I've just seen that
[21:17] <cyber|Misko> and it's more realistic, isn't it?
[21:17] <cyber|Misko> you can't just install digital speedo in a car, it's not that easy
[21:18] <cyber|Misko> I like it

Give us back that credit, which we get by winnings, so we could upgrade our cars... Damn.

It seems like XFG is more real because it's harder to drive...
That's why I'd like things to go back...

GO GO GO LFS!
getting the hang of the shifting a bit now - is everyone else getting the same 50mph speed limit (in any gear) when the clutch overheats?
Quote from nesrulz :Not all of us have a third clutch pedal and without it realising the throttle kind of sucks.

Can someone please explain exactly what is so hard about lifting the throttle when you change gear?
Quote from danowat :Can someone please explain exactly what is so hard about lifting the throttle when you change gear?

UHm lest hear that out of my 16 year old brain shal we

Its takesalot of getting used to espaicly downshifting how do i exactly need to to that casu my clucht gets verry hot when downshifting
Its overheats rather silly quik ven if i lift of perfectly tho gears start to wine further op in the race ore havee i just discoverd a bug?

what am i doing wrong who can explian?
#645 - Dru
I don't have 3 pedals and i have no problem with it at all.

I have 'auto clutch on'

therefore as danowat says, you just have to lift your pedal like 20% of the travle to allow the change of gear.

I don't have any problem with the clutch overheating.

All that takes a little getting use to is changing gear mid corner if its one that you need to have the throttle on to balance the car and or if you are in the wrong gear in a corner.

I've only burnt the clutch when i've tried pulling away from a spin in 3rd or 2nd gear
Quote from Dru :I don't have 3 pedals and i have no problem with it at all.

I have 'auto clutch on'

therefore as danowat says, you just have to lift your pedal like 20% of the travle to allow the change of gear.

I don't have any problem with the clutch overheating.

All that takes a little getting use to is changing gear mid corner if its one that you need to have the throttle on to balance the car and or if you are in the wrong gear in a corner.

I've only burnt the clutch when i've tried pulling away from a spin in 3rd or 2nd gear

Thanks man that was my main question of intirely lift of so its 20% lift of that i good tip thanks

I also get it when i braky heavely to avoid crashing

And i dont use auto slutch i sue a button on the wheel for that
#647 - Dru
just do a few laps offline and you'll get to find when the bite point is
Print Screen ingame gives me a black screen when I copy it into paint/photoshop.

Can someone confirm this ?
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo(x10o'es)ve the new patch and blackwood is so great now :P thnx for that Devs:P
Quote from nesrulz :I think that option for Throttle cut on upshift, Throttle blip on downshift should be returned.
And in DEDI you could put an option for: Throttle cut on upshift, Throttle blip on downshift= yes/no.

If you spent more time on track, getting used to it instead of complaining on the forums, you might just *gasp* learn.

Quote :Not all of us have a third clutch pedal and without it realising the throttle kind of sucks.

Consider this: releasing the throttle manually rather than having the computer do it for you allows people using their clutch pedal to be competitive on a grid because if they can do their shifts properly (bearing in mind it's harder work for them), they will be just as good. Returning the option will again make people playing without a clutch pedal significantly faster. And if I had a G25, I'd be quite annoyed that I can't use it fully while being properly competitive.

Quote :I'm really up set about digital speedometer because...
I think, how it is now, we have to drive on "feeling", which is OK, cars who only have analogue speedometer, but the one who has digital speedo I can drive more precise without that feeling of speed which we need at analogue speedo, like we used to have...

Why should I drive XFG on "feeling" and XRR on speedo?

You should drive all cars on feeling - in the long run, you'll be faster and more consistent and learn tracks quicker. I used to look at the speedo while driving, then switched to analogue. Then I started driving on feeling - now I'm not tempted to look at the speedo even on cars with a digital one. For god's sake, it's been two days - just let it sink in and stop complaining.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG