The online racing simulator
hy

i can't start with the car i don't know what is it:S pls help, thanks

the new car lookings good
Great work u guys. I really love the clutch thing.
Awesome, but the AI's strategy for deciding when to pit doesn't vary at all from AI to AI.
Do you think we could get a bit more of a bounce on the limiter?

Quote from Taavi(EST) :...is it only me or does the sensation of speed feel a lot faster now. And specially when watching a replay of a FZ5 going down the Blackwood straight, it looks like it's flying (TV cam). And the BF1 is just mind blowing...

i think the higher frequency vibrations might have something to do with it.
-
(Toddshooter) DELETED by Toddshooter
Quote from thisnameistaken :
I think the config for the look functions aren't very well thought through. I'd much prefer an option to map 45 or 90 degrees independently ...

Agreed.

This would allow people to set things up the way that's best for their equipment.

There are just too many different combinations out there to have one arrangement that suits all.

For example, DFPs would prolly be better off using the D pad, while G25s might prefer to use some kind of two button and two paddle combination as there's no D pad on the wheel.
Quote from J.B. :Just to be sure: is this inertia as in the engine takes longer to spin down or inertia as in resistance to yaw acceleration of the whole car?

From test driving I get the feeling that one of my major gripes with LFS, cars are too spin happy with open diffs (leading to unrealistic diff settings), has gotten a lot better so I assume the answer is the latter

Just tested with the LX6, revs definitely take longer to build up and fall away in neutral.

X10 inertia vector: 566, 113, 631
X30 vector: 566, 113, 631

So the answer is the former.
Quote from mrodgers :The flaw in my thinking is simply that I seem to be in the minority that I think only in the road cars where everyone else immediately thinks single seater/race cars. Even with an aftermarket "racing" style seat in a road car, I would be able to turn my head at 90 degrees. Farther than 90, I can see being impossible due to the harness restraints, but 90 degrees should be possible.

Single seaters/ race cars, yes, would be different with the actual race seat rather than something like an aftermarket Recaro for your road car. I just never think single seaters since I have probably the most laps last night in FBM than I've had in SS cars since July of 2005

have to disagree with you, meng.

sitting in my buddy's (mildly race preped) 911, wearing a helmet and 5 point harness, i actually start to feel claustrophobic due to the lack of freedom of movement. you have to have your mirrors adjusted perfectly, because you can barely turn your head at all, let alone do a proper shoulder check. and that's *without* a HANS device, which would surely make it 10x as bad.

so as much i expect the 45* look will be difficult to adjust to, i think it's very realistic.
Quote from Gabkicks :i think the higher frequency vibrations might have something to do with it.

Maybe it's because of the bumps making it look faster, I swear the straight is bumpier (not as bumpier as the pre-S1 one though. The BF1 would probably take off there.).
i dont know if someone took about it here, but..
the road tires are getting very hot too faster..
as racing as drifting, it gets complicated..

i think the tires temperatures cfg was better in X10..
or just fix it in X30, to a better race/drift options..

cheers!
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
Very good patch and new car is awesome, but mine opinion is this: Clutch get overheated way too fast. It is impossible to drive over 2 laps without boiling your clutch. Other things are OK and i prefer new blackwood and the other new stuffs, but If I'll a have chance, I may
change clutch into a stronger one. In a race of 5 laps you need to drive without clutch over 3 laps, unless you want to retire. And I've understand that using a clutch is good for the engine so it's cruel to get punished of using it? Hopefully you'll recognize my opinions, even im only a demo driver. And I'm not alone with my feelings, almost everyone have complained about that the ruining your clutch is too easy and fast.
Quote from Bandit77 :...

I don't get why you're insisting on using button clutch whilst still demanding other aids to come back. Have you actually tried just racing like you used to, I did and found that over five laps in a pitstop race (so two 6000rpm starts) my CT box had a minute smidgen of orange in it as did most other people on the server. TBH it hasn't actually changed my technique, something I can completely forget about happy to know that I'll no longer be in the minority of insisting on lifting off on gear shifts. For all this talk did you actually even use auto-cut or did you just flat shift everywhere?

Quote from STROBE :
Not sure what your DFP is shaped like, but on mine the L2 and R2 buttons are the furthest away from the rim - hardly convenient. Currently they're mapped to traction control and pit limiter for me, as it's the rarely used functions such as those that you can afford to have in the less accessible places on the wheel.

The L2/R2 buttons are the ones on the front of the wheel in front of your paddles, easier to reach than the D pad anyway. Having tried it in the road cars the view system atm does seem clumsy and I think there should be an option for the old style single button but an upper limit of something more realistic, maybe 70 degrees for any controller or button combo.

Quote from DaveWS :"Pit stop damage repair takes twice as long"

That's just a little hint for a desire to go in the right direction, add a zero to the end of that and then we're talking
Quote from Jukero :...

You don't need to use the clutch in the FBM. In the XFG and XRG you must lift off the throttle on upshifts, and ideally blip the throttle on downshifts. If you're driving properly you shouldn't have issues with clutch heat.

EDIT - lol thanks BBT
#614 - hda
i was changing some options in the custom view while inside the boxes in the formula bmw, clutch binded to a button (but i wasn't driving!) car was in neutral and it stalled by itself. why?
Quote from ajp71 :You don't need to use the clutch in the FBM. In the XFG and XRG you must lift off the throttle on upshifts, and ideally blip the throttle on downshifts. If you're driving properly you should NOT have issues with clutch heat.

repaired
Quote from Gabkicks :i think the higher frequency vibrations might have something to do with it.

Think its also the narrower track
Quote from wien :Those are one and the same when racing. You HAVE to think about what is going on technically so you don't abuse the mechanics of your car. That's the aspect the patch added, and that's why I (and apparently a lot of other folks) love it.

Actually the way my gears were changed before the patch was less abusive to the mechanics than the way I change them now - although the damage model isn't sophisticated enough to simulate this.

In the end I'm not here to convince everyone that the new sequential-mode for h-shifted cars is big BS. For me - as an avid real life driver & biker - it nevertheless is. It doesn't feel right in the context of the game. Period. No let's :drink:.

Quote from thisnameistaken :Why not just use the auto-clutch if you don't have a clutch pedal? Then all you have to do is lift off the throttle when changing up, and blip it when changing down. Why are you using a button for a clutch?

Quote from ajp71 :I don't get why you're insisting on using button clutch whilst still demanding other aids to come back. Have you actually tried just racing like you used to

I don't at all.
I started with autoclutch as I used to drive like that. YES it works but it doesn't feel right (do I have to repeat it another ten times?). Then I tried manual clutch (button), and I really like the fact that you can stall the engine now and there's no autoclutch below 3k rpm (I hated that - should've been lower / adjustable). But shifting with a manual button-clutch is more like a dexterity (what a great word) exercise than a realistic driving experience so I'm most probably coming back to autoclutch.

You both tell me that you can blip the throttle when shifting down with autoclutch - but I tried and it didn't work, seriously.

And by the way I think I forgot to mention that I love the other features that were ADDED (please note that the field of view is reduced... ).
Quote from Bandit77 :But shifting with a manual button-clutch is more like a dexterity (what a great word) exercise than a realistic driving experience so I'm most probably coming back to autoclutch.

Could you possibly setup a button so that you can use button clutch but have it "feel" like a real driving experience? For example, back when I had my DFP I was planning to cobble together a button and block of wood where the clutch would normally be. This would be easy to do by cannibalizing a simple USB controller. I was planning to start on this project, but then the G25 came out so I abandoned it. But something similar should be very easy and cheap to put together, and would give the experience of having a clutch pedal without the cost. Then you could drive similar to real life without using your thumb or whatever as a clutch.
Small bug at Fern Bay track. The yellow line is inside the tyre
Attached images
FE_bug.PNG
@Bandit - getting over the issue of not being able to stall (I would actually like an auto-clutch option that just presses the clutch to change gear and doesn't help you pull away and stop, so you retain total control and know exactly when the clutch will be used) the current auto-clutch on an H-gate works exactly the same as the FBM or MRT in LFS (or any car IRL with a sequential 'box without aids) so it's hardly unrealistic. In fact the road cars in LFS would be far more likely to be found with a sequential conversion than some kind of complicated paddle shift/triptronic system.
Just got this exception while watching some cars and using the menu (wanted to change my helmet skin)

And had to kill lfs with the task manager.

-> page 5 in BUG REPORTS : Interface / Single Player / Multiplayer
Attached images
exception.GIF
Quote from GruntOfAction :Removed XR GT Turbo car from demo

FTW!!

2nd post ftw!

why be a faggot and do that :S seriously, the xrt is the only reason i bought the game :S
who u calling a fag exacly?

*sniff*sniff*

I smell a ban coming along...
Rename setups
First many thanks to the LFS Team .... great job

If you are a noob with your computer , for example to rename all your setup files (XR GTR to XRR....)...

Check this post
http://frt.servegame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=113
This tool is easy ...i hope

Bye Bye .... Good luck
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG