The online racing simulator
But that's because most racing tyres used in real racing are similar to R3 or R4 tyres, where as the supersoft qualifying tyres that only last a lap are being simulated by R1/R2 tyres now.
XRR and FXR Gearbox / Clutch
I only had time to download the Patch today When playing around with the different Cars I got stuck in the XRR and FXR. I could not change the Gear. It took a while until I realized that they are not H-Pattern, but Sequential Cars. I had them configured as H-Pattern. I will accept it as it is, although I preferred them as H-Shifter Cars.

To make this a constructive Post here are my thought for that 2 cars:
  1. Both cars seem to have Autoclutch. I can´t stall them currently. When I stop the Clutch is enganged and when I floor the Throttle clutch is engaged automatically. Is it intended to be on these cars in "reality" too?
  2. On some Sequential Cars (at least in the FBM) you have to lift the Throttle when shifting up. Driving the XRR and FXR you don´t. It sounds more like a Jumbo jet starting that a Car. To be more specific: It sounds like a PDK / DSG Gearbox (Double Clutch System, Porsche Doppelkupplung) because there is not even a ignition cut when shifting. As far as I know PDK Gearboxes are switched under Full throttle without cutting the Ignition. But in Sequential Cars you have to lift the Throttle or have a Ignition cut to prevent the Gearbox to burst into many small pieces after some time.
Are there things to be changed on these to cars to make them more "realistic" or is it correct that way it is now?
That realistic kills to much gamefun
Sorry, but In don`t like that patch I can still go 1:42x at AS3 with FXR but the tires are to hot after 2 laps.I had drive the IGTC 4h race on AS3 ( [CD] Broe ) and could go for 1h with R3/R2 so I think that patch goes to the wrong direction with the tire temperature.
And the rest is to much "realistic" because it is a game and the X30/31 patch kills for me to much of gaming fun and make the rooms for a good fight at the brake to smal.
Quote from Scawen :Tyres R1, R2 and R3 now heat up a little more quickly and wear more quickly. The tiny bit of increased heating also results in a tiny bit more rolling resistance. If your tyres are overheating, you should use the next R number up - that is intended.

All other tyres and all other aspects of tyre physics are not changed.

I would have thought that a soft road tyre would last a race without any problems. Now we have to drive smooth aswell? damn it .
(in RL a set of Soft Yokes or Kumos would be good for hundreds of miles) Why make it more difficult?
edit: I just saw my mistake :doh:
Quote from Flotch :quickly is an euphemism
It seems crazy when you see track racers (irl) warming up their tires violently, or seeing rallymen going sideways in hundreds of corners ; in LFS after 3 corners your tires are gone if do not drive like a grandmother

OK but you did not state which tyres are going off quickly.

The thing is in LFS R1 is the SAME COMPOUND regardless of which class it is fitted to. In old versions of LFS, people chose the lowest R number (grippiest available tyre) in ALL circumstances regardless of whether it was qualifying or endurance. So there was no reason to provide a choice.

R1 compound is basically intended as an autocross tyre for MRT, and if it can be used for anything more than a short stint on a light racing car like FOX or FBM, then something would be wrong.

Quote from AndroidXP :But that's because most racing tyres used in real racing are similar to R3 or R4 tyres, where as the supersoft qualifying tyres that only last a lap are being simulated by R1/R2 tyres now.

Yes, you shouldn't be able to use the lowest selectable R number for long on a GTR or larger formula car.

Quote from buedi :I only had time to download the Patch today When playing around with the different Cars I got stuck in the XRR and FXR. I could not change the Gear. It took a while until I realized that they are not H-Pattern, but Sequential Cars. I had them configured as H-Pattern. I will accept it as it is, although I preferred them as H-Shifter Cars.

To make this a constructive Post here are my thought for that 2 cars:
  1. Both cars seem to have Autoclutch. I can´t stall them currently. When I stop the Clutch is enganged and when I floor the Throttle clutch is engaged automatically. Is it intended to be on these cars in "reality" too?
  2. On some Sequential Cars (at least in the FBM) you have to lift the Throttle when shifting up. Driving the XRR and FXR you don´t. It sounds more like a Jumbo jet starting that a Car. To be more specific: It sounds like a PDK / DSG Gearbox (Double Clutch System, Porsche Doppelkupplung) because there is not even a ignition cut when shifting. As far as I know PDK Gearboxes are switched under Full throttle without cutting the Ignition. But in Sequential Cars you have to lift the Throttle or have a Ignition cut to prevent the Gearbox to burst into many small pieces after some time.
Are there things to be changed on these to cars to make them more "realistic" or is it correct that way it is now?

There is a separate autoclutch setting for different types of gearbox. So if you already switched off autoclutch when you had an H-pattern car selected, you must turn if off again for the sequential gearbox (with ignition cut).

Quote from Damion1972 :Sorry, but In don`t like that patch I can still go 1:42x at AS3 with FXR but the tires are to hot after 2 laps.I had drive the IGTC 4h race on AS3 ( [CD] Broe ) and could go for 1h with R3/R2 so I think that patch goes to the wrong direction with the tire temperature.
And the rest is to much "realistic" because it is a game and the X30/31 patch kills for me to much of gaming fun and make the rooms for a good fight at the brake to smal.

So if you used R2 before, now you should use R3. That is the intention.
x1
Hi could someone tell me where to get patch x because when i download the other ones i download them then they extract then they just dissapear plz help

thanks in advance
When it says extract to:, select the folder you want it to extract into.
which folder as i have lfs in a folder and it wont let me extract it into there
Quote from Scawen :OK but you did not state which tyres are going off quickly.

sorry about that, for the "light" cars I've tried (LX6 for example), there is "no problem" to keep the temperature in reasonnable range. But when I took heavier cars (because of weight or downforce), i.e. the FXR around BL1 with R2, if I try to go 'fast', at least the front tires are going over 100°c at the begining of the 3rd split (talking about one hotlap), so I guess I am not as clean as I should, but that is only 3-4 corners! (and I was not drifting ). Of course with R3 it is easier to keep the tires in the "green", but Blackwood is quite short! If I go to the fast Aston configs, I'm sure I will be quickly in trouble
With the FZ50, I have to be very soft if I want to do more than 3-4 corners too...With the FXO, emm, no comment . I am planning to try soon the UFR and XFR, but there I guess R4 will be needed

BTW, maybe it is just me who have to learn how to drive cleanly
Like Scawen said, it is likely that you will need to move to the harder compound of tyres now from what you used to use. So if you used R2's before this patch then it makes more sense to use R3's now.
Quote from Scawen :So if you used R2 before, now you should use R3. That is the intention.

The 'problem' is that as they are now R3 tyres don't heat up enough. As if we needed R2.5 tyres.

So talking about the big GTR's, half of the field is still using R2 and the other half is on R3. Some people are using 'mixed' sets of R2+R3.

People using R2 seem to drive on eggs, being very carefull not to heat the tyres too much while people on R3 can be much more agressive but that doesn't really heat up the tyres enough.
Sometimes you just can't have the optimal tyres, much like in real life.
Someone please help me where can i get patch x1

thanks in advance
A lot of people are also forgetting that they should really get rid of all their old setups and start afresh with new ones.
Quote from viper-2007 :which folder as i have lfs in a folder and it wont let me extract it into there

just put the patch into your lfs folder and the patch will automatically have the correct path for the extraction routine. Put lfs somewhere else then your desktop and check for attributes of your lfs folder.

Quote from viper-2007 :Someone please help me where can i get patch x1

thanks in advance

?

LFS X
http://www.lfs.net/?page=downloads

LFS X to X30
http://www.liveforspeed.net/fi ... me=LFS_PATCH_X_TO_X30.exe

LFS X30 to X31
http://www.liveforspeed.net/fi ... =LFS_PATCH_X30_TO_X31.exe

Quote from count.bazley :A lot of people are also forgetting that they should really get rid of all their old setups and start afresh with new ones.

while the rest knows what to change or at least spend some time to adjust the setup for the new conditions right?
Quote from geeman1 :Sometimes you just can't have the optimal tyres, much like in real life.

No, not for racing where manufacturers will obviously make optimal tyres.
Quote from geeman1 :Sometimes you just can't have the optimal tyres, much like in real life.

Hmm ... if you say so. I would not know as i dont have one.
would have to agree with the comments about tyres overheating too fast.. I actually really like the throttle cut and clutch wear concepts..

as for the tyres -
AS3 Turn 1 in an FZR, even the slightest mistake costs you a set of tyres... I can just make R2' last 10 laps, R3's can do loads more... 2.5 anyone?

in real life, you would be able to select from a variety of compounds depending on the required life - e.g. Rally Car doing a short stage or a GT doing 24 hours.... R2/R3 balance is wrong IMO.
I just finally decided to give the new AI a run, and I must say, WOW, they are so much faster, I couldn't keep up with them on some combos. Excellent work Scawen
No bug reports in this post

Quote from Flotch : in LFS after 3 corners your tires are gone if do not drive like a grandmother

I'm not tire expert but isn't the quick tire heating caused by that the tires in LFS get mainly heated from sliding instead of tire deformation like in real? From what I've gathered...

Other than that it is great that finally the R4s could be usable as well but it seems a bit gamish solution to have so big differences between R2/3/4. 15 degrees steps per each set in optimum temps? Add the grip differences and you will still have one clearly best tire compound, if it is the R3 in the GTRs now. If the devs want to make the different tire compounds more equal and each usable - shouldn't the differences between the tires be smaller? Or offer more than three coumpounds to choose from? The best tire compound should be really different in 5 laps race than it is in 50 laps race. Just thinking aloud in wrong place .
I think this patch is a backward step in many ways.
I don't like the new look left/right method, if you had that set to smooth, you only had to do a quick press to get a glance at your mirrors or a little longer to see what is actually beside you. Pressing the rear view button would then move your head in the direction it was already turned to look behind.

I really hoped that the new clutch thing would provide an advantage to people with a clutch pedal, but as the clutch gets too hot after a few laps (no matter how fast you jump off the clutch or bury it), it turns out to be a hinderance, especially as you only need to come off the gas a little using the auto method in order to flip the next gear in, and the clutch heat never changes.
Not at all sure why the bar for the clutch heat is so long, once it's a 10th of the way filled, the clutch is already hot enough that gears engage slugglishly, and much more than that and the clutch is apparently completely fried.
I've not tested it with all the cars, just the new one, which I would expect to have a racing clutch anyway, and therefore be pretty resistant to heat, and capable of taking much abuse. It's not like I ride the clutch at all, although after a few laps, it feels like I've been sat at traffic lights on a steep incline, riding the clutch for 5 minutes because I didn't want to use the handbrake.

Good job real clutches don't work like this, races in cars without sequential or automatic boxes wouldn't last very long at all.
Also, if we're going to have some form of clutch modelling, then let's have some nod toward the way a car lurches when you drop the clutch in hard (ie, in the powerful vehicles, rear wheels will spin in the lower gears if the gear ratio is tight). Right now, nothing about it feels right, and certainly won't have me powering up my spare wheel anytime soon (unless I break out GTR2 for some fun in the rain).
Nice patch.. did take a quick look. I love the Button Control Rate that has been changed from 6 to 10.

There is 1 thing. About the setups of the cars i created.

I noticed that the Settings folder is now named as Setup folder.
Also the names of the cars are different like "XR GT Turbo_Race.set" is now named as "XRT_Race.set"

Is there going to be a quick setup conversion tool because the old setups from patch x do work in the test patch .

Also the RAC car is called "RaceAbout?"
Quote from Lotesdelere :The 'problem' is that as they are now R3 tyres don't heat up enough. As if we needed R2.5 tyres.

So talking about the big GTR's, half of the field is still using R2 and the other half is on R3. Some people are using 'mixed' sets of R2+R3.

People using R2 seem to drive on eggs, being very carefull not to heat the tyres too much while people on R3 can be much more agressive but that doesn't really heat up the tyres enough.

Yes, but we're driving AS3, and there are only about 4 corners per lap that put heat in the tyres ;P
Can anyone tell where exactly the new "Roll stiffness distribution" string shows up in the setup screens? I can´t find it anywhere.

Quote from AndroidXP :But that's because most racing tyres used in real racing are similar to R3 or R4 tyres, where as the supersoft qualifying tyres that only last a lap are being simulated by R1/R2 tyres now.

In that case the temperature envelope for the qualifying tyres might be a bit off.
A while ago i saw an interview with a japanse driver who drove for Nissan in the old Group C cars. One of the things he said was that he liked to have his qualilfying tyres preheated to 80° before he left the pits.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch X30 (to X38)
(1444 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG