The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :Joen, the patch WILL be released, that's all I care about. But being false like that isn't a joke, it's doing it, just purely for the fact of pissing people off. And the 'joke' part of it, is SEEING people pissed off.

Where are all the pissed people then? You're the only one getting this worked up about it...
Anyway let's drop it, obviously you're losing your grip on reality. Get a cup of Camille tea or something.

The devs get a kick out of this btw. The patch was already completed a couple of days ago. They do this everytime. They hype everybody up and enjoy seeing people suffer. They're a sadistic lot I tell you.
Quote :I'm already gone.

u still here....
oh I've forgot to punch you, ok, I'll leave that for tomorrow
Quote from joen :Where are all the pissed people then? You're the only one getting this worked up about it...
Anyway let's drop it, obviously you're losing your grip on reality. Get a cup of Camille tea or something.

The devs get a kick out of this btw. The patch was already completed a couple of days ago. They do this everytime. They hype everybody up and enjoy seeing people suffer. They're a sadistic lot I tell you.

i knew the devs mean "devils" in funky way
-
(Electrik Kar) DELETED by Electrik Kar
Quote from joen :Where are all the pissed people then? You're the only one getting this worked up about it...

Totally agree
As I mentioned before, I`ll bet they ar eating pizza and drinking coke, while they are reading throught these pages and laughing.
Damn, it must be nice to be them
It's just a patch rofl.

Joen are you registered at Tweakers.net?
Yo peepz dont take drugs , they are affecting your minds . What the heck are you talking about ? The devs eat pizza and laugh at us ? They do alot of work for us , and we should apreciate that . Like other sims i wont mention , they are alwasy trying to improve the game , and not 1 update in 2 years . I still believe that LFS is going to kill all other sims one day , if it keeps on improving the way it is . So relax , take a chill pill (or two) enjoy the movie , and wait . Patience is the key of life .

Greetz , W1ldPort
Quote from Takumi_lfs :It's just a patch rofl.

Joen are you registered at Tweakers.net?

As a matter of fact I am. It's actually the place where I first found out about LFS back in the day I hardly post there anymore though. Why?
Quote from W1ldPort75 :I still believe that LFS is going to kill all other sims one day

Already did..

All Sim games are all faaaar beaten by LFS

@Joen

Most of the Dutch racer's here are registered there.. (I'm not :| )

I've started playing lfs in patch S1 E.. that's about 4? 5? years?
Takumi pssst , you know what i mean
:d:d:d:d:d
I CANT WAIT FOR I !!!!!!!!!!
Quote from BlueFlame :Shame that you live in Russia Jr then. hehehehe I'm just kidding man. Please. Don't kill me and my family

by the way hi lives in Ukraine
Quote from Takumi_lfs :
@Joen

Most of the Dutch racer's here are registered there.. (I'm not :| )

I've started playing lfs in patch S1 E.. that's about 4? 5? years?

Yeah, that's about right. I can't really remember when I played LFS for the first time, I think it was a late pre-S1 demo but I'm not sure.
:ices_rofl

Sometimes smilies tells more than words.
-
([UKR] Race King) DELETED by [UKR] Race King
!SPAM! : still 800 "very informative and useful" posts to go till we reach 2k, so keep writing...
Thing that worries me a bit, since this is a incompatible patch, we needed some more physics changes than those mentioned in the video (sorry scawen if there ARE more than in the video)... Being an incompatible patch means that stuff like engine dying going into a wall, suspension getting really damaged going over FE curbs etc. will have to wait for another incompatible patch.. and that is a long time...
Hate to say it, but what if Fortec mothorsport didn't contacted the Devs, we would see new cockpits and revised BL and SO, and that's it, since the stuff like more engine inertia and gearbox changes were only introduced cause of Scawens experience with the Formula BMW.. but anyway, i'm happy, i'm just saying what's been going through my mind..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Thing that worries me a bit, since this is a incompatible patch, we needed some more physics changes than those mentioned in the video (sorry scawen if there ARE more than in the video)... Being an incompatible patch means that stuff like engine dying going into a wall, suspension getting really damaged going over FE curbs etc. will have to wait for another incompatible patch.. and that is a long time...
Hate to say it, but what if Fortec mothorsport didn't contacted the Devs, we would see new cockpits and revised BL and SO, and that's it, since the stuff like more engine inertia and gearbox changes were only introduced cause of Scawens experience with the Formula BMW.. but anyway, i'm happy, i'm just saying what's been going through my mind..

I always thought that those changes were expected for S3! Not before
Quote from Maelstrom :I always thought that those changes were expected for S3! Not before

Those things really kill the gameplay and they could easily be solved with a simple solution, while working on more sofisticated one for S3..
Maybe new car has caused some things to be delayed, but look at bright side, what will new car offer?

More realistic car handling for example, he surely has now experience to make car handling correct as he has tested car a lot, I hope there is same setup coming in patch that what he used when testing car

Also I'm sure it has given some ideas that are going long term development cycle, so it is pretty good tradeoff.

After all, game is still Alpha, we are just Alpha testing this product
Quote from Maelstrom :I always thought that those changes were expected for S3! Not before

Physics related aspects of LFS are expected to be completed with S2 final. S3's focus would be on looks and big new gameplay features like weather conditions. It's not a strict roadmap, but that's what vaguely can be concluded from dev statements in the past.
I admit I am a little dissapointed that (as I understand) Y won't have the updated cockpits. Eric has been working on them for a long time. I remember them being mentioned before patch U at least. I can't imagine that the Fortec deal being that much work as far as modeling is concerned that it would delay the cockpits. But hell what do I know, I do know he did a great job on the FB02.
But I believe the cockpits can't be introduced in a compatible patch, so those will have to wait a long time too I guess.
but why another formula?and not something else
Because they were approached by a racing team that uses singleseaters. Simple as that.

Besides out of the 20 cars in LFS, 5 are singleseaters, so I don't see the "another" argument.

Not that I wouldn't want other types of classes btw. Here's hoping we'll have an LMP like surprise for christmas next year
Quote from [UKR] Race King :but why another formula?and not something else

Probably because they were given the chance and to have publicity and air time on TV for free. Would be stupid to turn down such a great opportunity to promote LFS. Not to mention all the information which can be put in use in development.
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG