The online racing simulator
Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
Quote from U4IK ST8 :Well, I don't use Adobe either but when I record at 0.250 speed, then put it into Sony Vegas, I have to change it to x4 speed to make the recorded footage play at normal speed. When you record at .250, that's quarter the normal speed and to get it to play normal you have to make it 4 times faster.

i know that.i mean i record at 0.25 speed and i playback (4 times speed) to see what i recorded.the sound very teribble.the sound doesn't like normal 1.0 speed sound.
Quote from dcm_wc :i know that.i mean i record at 0.25 speed and i playback (4 times speed) to see what i recorded.the sound very teribble.the sound doesn't like normal 1.0 speed sound.

Yes, I forgot to say you have to play the sound x4 aswell. In Sony Vegas the video and sound are 2 different events so they both have to be adjusted x4. Making the video x4 doesn't change the sound. Not sure what adobe is like though.
Quote from U4IK ST8 :Yes, I forgot to say you have to play the sound x4 aswell. In Sony Vegas the video and sound are 2 different events so they both have to be adjusted x4. Making the video x4 doesn't change the sound. Not sure what adobe is like though.

thanks but i wonder why the sound quality not nice as replay sound
i downloaded fraps and i recording lfs movie fraps is nice
Quote from Mikygs :i downloaded fraps and i recording lfs movie fraps is nice

ya.i using fraps also
I've got a problem when using Fraps.

Actually, the game freezes and the video recording stops after that. At the beggining I though it was because of some views that, associated with fraps, made my 3D card overload, but this stuff is quite unpredictible. I've tried closing all the apps around, and it still does the same effect ...

Anyone has a suggestion ? (i tried putting the lower FPS in both apps, and lowering the resolution to 640x480 16 bits, and it stills does the same ^^)

Or somebody could help me using LFSMM because I followed what they said, but it doesn't seem to work either...

Thanks for your help !
Quote from (SaM) :Going to make a movie? I'll explain how.

Recording
  • Start up Fraps. Download at http://www.fraps.com. Set it to record at Full-size and at 30fps (or lower if the video is choppy.)
  • Start up LFS. Go to Options > Misc and put on Limit framerate on 30fps.
  • In-game, play the replay.
    (If you want to, press shift + U to set up a user camera. Press SPACE to remove the usercam menu. Press follow to let the camera follow the nearest car.)

• Press SHIFT + F to remove everything from the display.
  • Press F2 to slow down the replay at 0.5 speed.
  • Press the record button you specified in Fraps. When finished, stop recording with the same button.

I am having issues recording, i did all that, i even tried slow down, but all i get is 6fps when i record.

I lowerd the framerate to 640x480 and i get 16fps nothing good and it looks all rubbish to anyway im a bit stuck on what to do any help?

My computer is

c2dE6600
8800GTX
2gig ram
2 74gb raptors in raid 0 array.
and vista 32bit

so im not lacking power. plus it records fine in NR2003
Quote from NeilPearson :I am having issues recording, i did all that, i even tried slow down, but all i get is 6fps when i record.

Well, your PC seems more than capable of recording with fraps.. so it's weird that it performs so lousy.

Tried disabling Anti Aliasing in the nVidia control panel?
Quote from (SaM) :Well, your PC seems more than capable of recording with fraps.. so it's weird that it performs so lousy.

Tried disabling Anti Aliasing in the nVidia control panel?

Its not on now, and still does it.

Whats also interesting is itll drop to 6fps if i record in the LFS main menu.

edit

Its definatly LFS thats hogging it up somewhere, i just tested on NR2003 and i get full 30FPS under recording on 1920x1200 resolution :\
Hello, i have an question about rendering Options in Vegas 7.0d

I want to render the file with avi and divX Codec, but vegas stucks every time at 43%.

Is there another option to get the same quality for an 4-5 Minutes Movie?

mpeg or wmv? And then what options i must adjust?
Neil, maybe you should run LFS at 16bit instead of 32 (for recording only). for me that solved the problem of low fps.

I use xp though, so just a suggestion, give it a try
I become that description:

I got 2 questions, hopefully someone knows the answer.
1. How do I fix the camera to the car, so that I don't have to take care about car movements? The camera should, for example, always point to one of the tyres, no matter if the car drives a turn or not. I wasn't able to find this out myself.
2. How do I zoom in and out while recording and without using the SPACE-bar interface?
I tried + - but they didn't work. I saw this being done in a few movies. I sure hope they didn't use the standard camera for those effects...
@stam1na:

1. Choose hotlapping mode or any other singleplayer mode, press escape -> options -> view -> custom ... that's the menu with which you can play around - set "Draw: Body" so you see the car, then mainly change the X-, Y- and Z-Offset, Pitch and Rotate View.. then in your replays you can switch to this individual custom view with pressing V

2. Try upkey and downkey (the arrow keys)... another option is changing the field of view by pressing the key 5 or 6 .. that's not a real zoom but it looks like and may lead to nice effects (but also to odd views sometimes, especially if the FOV is >100°, so be careful )

hope this is any helpful
Quote from Jens O. :@stam1na:

1. Choose hotlapping mode or any other singleplayer mode, press escape -> options -> view -> custom ... that's the menu with which you can play around - set "Draw: Body" so you see the car, then mainly change the X-, Y- and Z-Offset, Pitch and Rotate View.. then in your replays you can switch to this individual custom view with pressing V

2. Try upkey and downkey (the arrow keys)... another option is changing the field of view by pressing the key 5 or 6 .. that's not a real zoom but it looks like and may lead to nice effects (but also to odd views sometimes, especially if the FOV is >100°, so be careful )

hope this is any helpful

This was very helpful! Danke Jens! I will try everything as soon as possible and hope I can record some nice movies later.
The hand movement on some videos is nice and smooth while on others (and mine) it is jerky - is this because it is a replay of an online race? Is there any way to increase the fidelity of the replay?
Quote from Djbob :The hand movement on some videos is nice and smooth while on others (and mine) it is jerky - is this because it is a replay of an online race? Is there any way to increase the fidelity of the replay?

Unfortunately not. The MPR replay (multiplayer) stores data packet information, and the packets come in at several per second. The SPR replay (single player) stores input data, and is therefore a better representation of the driver's input.

There is an improvement suggestion that's been made a couple of times asking for interpolation of the steering wheel in MPR replays (to smoothen the movement of the wheel), but we don't know yet the likelihood of it becoming coded.
hey, i'd like to return to movie making but i'm not sure if i remember everything right...
My plan : Record with FRAPS ( 30 fps) in LFS(30fps) at 0.5 speed.
Convert the clips in VDub to 60 fps(???) and compress
with Xvid codec ( or what codec is better and where to get
it ?)
Open the clips in adobe premiere, edit it, save the movie
file at 30 fps (???)

any suggestions are welcome. escp codecs and fps.
Quote from d6nn :Convert the clips in VDub to 60 fps(???) and compress
with Xvid codec ( or what codec is better and where to get
it ?)
Open the clips in adobe premiere, edit it, save the movie
file at 30 fps (???)

You're pretty much on the money, except, if you can, dont compress the files before you edit them. You can suffer a loss of quality if its compressed, edited & compressed again.

Use vdub, convert to 60fps uncompressed (dependent on your available HDD space of course) and then open in your favourite editing software, edit, render and viola, new movie!
Can someone tell me how can i add special effects on a part of the movie? for example i want the blur in the 2:02 minute of the movie..how can i do that? it adds the blur to all the movie if i try .

Soft : Adobe Premiere
How do i overlay text & pictures & stuff when making movies?
Quote from anttt69 :How do i overlay text & pictures & stuff when making movies?

depends on the movie editor, you have.

I have Ulead Video Studio 9, and there is an area "picture" where you can make picture in video (overlay), or video in video. The text stuff is to make in an area wich is called Textes... In CyberLink PowerDirector it is the same. For these functions I have in both a database where i can upload the videos/pictures and then via drag&drop choose them and sort them.

Now I have a question:

What do I need to capture LFS in HD to make an HD Video? (Video Studio 9 can handle with up to 1280x720, 25fps)

Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG