The online racing simulator
LFSLapper - Another Insim Mod
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
#2 - Lible
Would love to use it, but do not have either Net framework or admin rights
Too bad I need a 22meg install of .NET Framework to get it work. Why did you make a .MSI of it? I think it's not working on anything except Windows XP?

I will give it a go, test it and let u know.
-
#4 - Tomi
Quote from wheeler :Too bad I need a 22meg install of .NET Framework to get it work. Why did you make a .MSI of it? I think it's not working on anything except Windows XP?

I will give it a go, test it and let u know.

an msi file can be installed in all windows versions since win98 assuming you have previously installed Windows Installer (msiexec.exe) which is available on microsoft website. It's the MS standard.
I use LFS Lapper for a long time..... That's great program!
So it's for servers or racers?
-
I haven't found any servers using it yet, maybe some admins can promote their servers by saying they are using this tool?
As far as I know LFS.fr (the main LFS server people afaik) use linux or something, so .net isn't compatible... or too hard. Or something. So I was told. Apparently.

If it was compatible, I'd seriously consider using it.
-
-
Quote from tristancliffe :As far as I know LFS.fr (the main LFS server people afaik) use linux or something, so .net isn't compatible

Sorry Tristan, but thats utter bollocks. Mono is binary compatible with .NET compiled apps now; as long as they dont use system.windows namespace. So yes, it is possible to run this on linux given that caveat. Ideally it would be perfect to provide the source, so it could be compiled against Mono, to provide ultimate compatibility.

MonkOnHotTinRoof, have you considered open-sourcing the implementation so that patches could be submitted/applied to make it into a daemon (ultimate linux solution)?
Sorry, but JamesF1 and I were going to get it on ouir server, and HE said we couldn't cos it's .net.

I was merely pointing out what I thought was fact, and I think I made it clear I didn't understand what I was talking about...
-
Nice work Tbh that I can sympathise with - if I ever get back into .NET I'll have a looksie properly, but I know a couple of the guys who frequent the LFS programmers corner will be interested
-
Cool! I'll email LFS.fr and see if I can get it on the vMax server, cos it's a nice looking tool...
LFSLapper is Great :wow:

Thank You
I'm probably making a fool of myself here, but I can't seem to make it work. I type /insim 29999 in my server chat to activate insim, right? And then I run lfslapper.exe, and the console flash up on screen, and disappear immediately. I can see there's some text in the console, but it's way to fast for me to read anything. Any clues?

Edit: I use the precompiled v2.1, XP pro and .Net
-
Ok, I got it running, but it don't seem to respond to anything. I have tried the '/insim 29999' thing too. Is this port the port the server is running at, or some local port insim use? All other variables are default. I am running teh 'debug' flag as well, but I see no debugging info anywhere...

Edit: Figured it out. I had mistyped the port number! :doh:
-
-
Thank You for new version!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

RGDS!
When u fix this character bug...

Example:

^1un espa?ol
^3King^7 ?f C?ca?ne^3 ?
^E^7[^1C^4y^7b] Mi?ko

RGDS
-
#18 - ekze
Quote from atledreier :Ok, I got it running, but it don't seem to respond to anything. I have tried the '/insim 29999' thing too. Is this port the port the server is running at, or some local port insim use? All other variables are default. I am running teh 'debug' flag as well, but I see no debugging info anywhere...

Edit: Figured it out. I had mistyped the port number! :doh:

I have the same problem, but it doesn't seem that I had mistyped the port number...
I have 3 servers running at the moment (2 for S2 and 1 for Demo), I was trying to use Lapper on Demo host, which is on 63399 port, I put '/insim=29999' in config of the server and restarted it, I got Lapper running too, but it doesnt' respond to any command.

What can I do to make it work?
-
#19 - ekze
Yes, i am using shortcut method. I start LFSLapper and it stays opened, but nothing happens...
I have been using this for a few days now on our demo server running BL2R, the first thing I noticed it did not create a PB.txt for the database, so I made a folder called database and created a file called PB.txt which I put into the database folder folder, I then edited the LFSLapper.cfg to point at the PB.txt, "Database = LFSLapper\database\PB.txt" then copied the cfg and placed that in the bin folder.

The commands to get your stats and top places or any other command only work if you are on the track or in the pits, they won't work from spectate, well not for me anyway.

A copy of my cfg

#
# This is sample script for LFSLapper
#

# Lines beginning with '#' are commentaries and are ignored by program.

# Host IP.
# Leave as it is.
Host = 127.0.0.1

# Insim UDP port.
# Before starting LFSLapper you must configure LFS server
# to use this port for InSim. You can do that in command line when starting LFS
# or in talk window of LFS (/insim 29999).
Port = 29999

#Change Password to match Admin password on LFS server.
Password = ******

# This is filepath of file containing personal best laps.
# Will be created if it doesnt exist yet. <---THIS DID NOT HAPPEN
Database = LFSLapper\database\PB.txt

# Enable if you want to show control of players when leaving the garage.
ShowPlayerControl = true

# Disable if you do not want action on split times.
ShowSplitWarnings = true

# Define max time of split to trigger action.
Split1 = 0.29.00
Split2 = 1.00.00
Split3 = 1.30.00

# Actions to do on splits
# Possible variables to use:
# {0} - Split time
# {1} - Nickname of driver
Split1Action = /msg Great 1st split ({0}) by {1}^8 !
Split2Action = /msg Great 2nd split ({0}) by {1}^8 !
Split3Action = /msg Great 3rd split ({0}) by {1}^8 !

# Message that is shown to players when they connect to server. Use '|' for new line.
ConnectMsg = ^7Welcome to ^1LFSLapper ^7powered server !|Type !help after leaving garage to see commands.

# Action to do on new personal best lap.
# {0} - Nickname of driver
# {1} - Lap time achieved
# {2} - Car used
PBAction = /msg New PB by {0}^8 ({2}): {1}

# Actions that are performed on received messages. Use '|' for next pattern/action pair and to separate pattern from action.
# {0} - Nickname of driver
AutoAction = hello|/msg ^3Howdy , {0}!|hehe|/msg ^3:-)|no name no game|/kick unnamed

# Private multiline messages to send to player. Use '|' for next pattern/message pair and to separate pattern from message. Use ':' for new line.
# {0} - Nickname of driver that sent message
AutoMsgPrivate = ****|^3No Bad Language or You'll Be Kicked {0}!|!help|!top [table offset] [3-letter car name] ["filter" pattern]:!stats [playername pattern]:!ver:!help
-
#21 - ekze
I have added "debug", now lapper just says: 'Error loading ./PB.txt or file does not exist yet!'
I have changed parameter in config of my demo server, started it in nogfx mode. One more time typed '/insim=29999' (it was in config already) and then started LFSLapper.
No message had appear in demo-server window.
Maybe problem is the server port number (it's 63399) and Lapper can't decide to which port it must connect?

Server name is A-Spec.RRT Demo Zone

P.S.
I also didn't understand what does mean following parameters:
Split1 = 0.29.00
Split2 = 1.00.00
Split3 = 1.30.00
How i should configure it for bl1 / bl2, or I just don't need to touch this parameters?
#22 - ekze
MonkOnHotTinRoof, thanks for your help!
Problem really was in fw, i have changed IP in Lapper config to IP of my server and now its working fine! ^_^
Got it working for me... Easy now that i know how . Is currently in use on the ATC Team Public #1 Server in S2.

Although i am also curious about the settings for the Split times. and not sure what to put for the Stats or Top options on the variables.

Like the welcome though
Quote from franky500 :
Although i am also curious about the settings for the Split times. and not sure what to put for the Stats or Top options on the variables.

If I understood correctly, you are not sure about use of !top command.

Some examples:

!top 1 XRT or just !top - shows top 15 results for XRT car
!top 45 XFG - shows 15 results from position 45 in results table for XFG car
!top XRG filter [SS] - shows top 15 results for XRG car, but only for team [SS]
!top 2 XRT filter a - shows 15 results from position 2 for car XRT, only containing players with a in ther nickname

!top command (and other integrated commands (!ver,!stats) is case sensitive!

!stats command is not very useful (will probably be eliminated in some future versions ):

!stats - shows your personal bests on current track for each car
!stats bla - shows personal bests on current track for player that has bla in his name (first one to find with that pattern actually )

About split time settings:

# Disable if you do not want action on split times.
ShowSplitWarnings = true <- This must be enabled for actions to work (enabled by default)

Split1 = 0.29.00 <- Action will occur, if player makes a first split under this time
Split2 = 1.00.00 <- 2nd split condition
Split3 = 1.30.00 <- 3nd split condition

# Actions to do on splits
# {0} - Split time
# {1} - Nickname of driver
Split1Action = /msg Great 1st split ({0}) by {1}^8 ! <- This is action that will be executed (by default it's public message about his split time)
Split2Action = /msg Great 2nd split ({0}) by {1}^8 !
Split3Action = /msg Great 3rd split ({0}) by {1}^8 !

You could for instance change action to kick player, if he goes to fast, lol.
Split1Action = /kick {1}
Thanks for the explination. A good option for the max split might be tobe able to set a certain split time for each track... But that means car would have to be thought about more to.. This is a great tool and i am sure in a Demo server it works even better. i really do like the auto messages.. thats the main thing i am using it for

Thanks (as for the kick action.. any way to get it to kick username.. for S2 hosts...)

LFSLapper - Another Insim Mod
(616 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG