The online racing simulator
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Stupid question, maybe asked already. Since we can use the download skin system now will the skins that are default also be converted in patch X?

Would look a bit stupid all nice skins except your own. I know i can download hi res skins elsewhere. But think the default skin maybe even should be available in both tastes so to say, depending on your settings.

Patch X will have the default skins as 1024 dds instead of 512 jpg.

Quote from kiss me :a quick suggestion,
when going to a server, before downloading all the skins, is it possible to let lfs check if the server is full?
or is this allready?
havent got any servers to check it out on

It does check, before loading track, ir preloading or downloading any skins. It can become full during that time though.

Quote from AndroidXP :Well, I can now confirm the black screen bug is not fixed in W37 (just got it when connecting to Victor's server).

Is this new with the new versions or have you always had ir?

Quote from hackerx :Noticed "help_Belarussian.txt" and "Belarussian.txt" in data\lesson\, guess those are in wrong place?

Thanks, now deleted.
Well, I just experienced it the first time, though I wouldn't say that this is a definite indication of being new to W37. It happened while connected to the screenshot server, which was very busy at that time it seemed, and I was also constantly switching in and out of LFS to check the forums.

However, if I remember correctly, it didn't even happen during Shift+F4 or Atl+Tab, but pretty immediately after I had connected to the server again.
Quote from AndroidXP :Yes, queues would be a welcome addition to improve user experience, but on the other hand I don't think that there will ever be a server with so many people trying to connect. It would be nice if LFS could handle the load of the current problem server, but it's not a daily occurrence.

Yes, but the thing is that you don't know what's going on while you are trying to connect. So you could wait in a queue, download the skins nicely in order and join automaticly when server lets you in, it's like traffic lights. Today it might have been a bit extreme, sure, but there is no reason to not have a more smoother system.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :The "pits" message happens when someone is taking an abnormally long time to connect (or disconnect) while you're trying to enter the pits. It happened to me back on W32, so it's old behavior.

Yes... but "abnormally long" can become "permanent" and that's a bad bug.

I'm on the case now fixing that. It's the same bug, all the symptoms reported, "a new player is connecting" but somehow they never connect. So you can't pit, leave, restart, anything. Normally that's just a second, but the bug is that they NEVER make it in.

I'm taking this opportunity to try and fix it so we can test again this evening. If that is fixed then we will still be safe for Friday release.
Is Windows Vista a Problem?
Hi, Here is a PROBLEM Windows Vista issue

My old computer messed up on me so i had to get a new computer and i am now currently using windows vista. When i got LFS downloaded onto my new hard drive.I Could race online but i was then told to install test patch W_17 to get into a server running on this version, so i did and then I went to race LFS Player's online but came up with a error message{ unable to connet to master server} This was not due to my firewall, because i made changes to these setting allowing LFS though....after a very hard atempt i got online. I have now installed Patch W_37 and now i have the same issue, I have made no change's to my Network..etc just INSTALLED PATCH W_37 over W_17

It suck's and i need answer's ASAP because i now cannot RACE!!

Cheers Springer
Are you sure it's not your firewall that has picked up the change of the LFS.exe, thus locking it again?
try double checking that the firewall isn't blocking it - run LFS in windowed mode and see if your firewall pops up
Im Shore
Listen guy's it aint my firewall im 99.9% shore
...how can you be?
So, sorry to ask such an "arse" question...But is patch X going to be released tomorrow?

Feel free to slap me.
And I'm 99% "shore" that this is neither the fault of patch W37 nor of LFS itself. Otherwise we'd be getting hundreds of people complaining about LFS not working on Vista. Something is definitely misconfigured on your side.
Quote from The General Lee :So, sorry to ask such an "arse" question...But is patch X going to be released tomorrow?

Feel free to slap me.

That entirely depends on how today's tests are going.
on w37 i cant conect to any servers , always a player is conecting,

and then message Don't send
I just ran an offline practice session in W37 at Westhill and got a drive-through penalty for speeding in the pits. When I drove into the pits at the end of the lap I got the message "Entered pits for no purpose" and was unable to clear the penalty. Same thing happened when I incurred a stop-go.
I agree with a queue, there are sometimes servers where lots of cool ppl just join up and You wanna join it, then You gotta click after every 30 secs and try to join, would be nice to just get into a queue :P
lol.I have just downloaded W37 like 2 minutes ago and its now W38.
Scawen you must be an alien - no doubts
Quote from Mike85 :Now I tried to go into the 32 cars server and it says : User name already online. Did someone steal my username? Or what.

That also happened to me few times so far.
still no
ALT+F4 in the meeting room

it comes up with: unknown command

should be fixed at some point
Well.... tried to go in to test on tonights server - Ive discovered that any one can move you out of the grid list - which is blooming appauling. 4th or 5th in the server - waiting for the rest to join and some monkey comes in and takes me out of the list and I go to spectate even after I had pressed ready..... Damn appauling behaviour. Only server admins should be able to remove some one from the grid.

Could not work out very easily how many racers were in the server when in the the lobby - had to count the screen, and with people joining and leaving all the time - Needs a counter to tell the lobby how many people are in.

These are probably more observations and suggestions and not warranted here.... but there ya go....
Quote from Widdowmaker :
Could not work out very easily how many racers were in the server when in the the lobby - had to count the screen, and with people joining and leaving all the time - Needs a counter to tell the lobby how many people are in.

Would be useful for connection list too!
okay scawen, just got a black screen when i shift-f4'd. I shift f4'd to go to inferno, then applied the profile again in ATT because it doesnst stick, shift f4'd again to go back to full screen and got just complete black, shift f4'd again and it just stays.

Ill go test this, see if its reproducable.

Okay tested again, cant seem to get it at all. This is the second time ive had this, first time was in W37 on FM server. Is there something i can run or something, which if it happens again, could help you in anyway? Although im really not sure that its an LFS problem, could just be ATT being bent
I was having trouble with the gfx for some reason today on the Bug Test Server and also i was also getting some glitch's aswell.

EDIT: btw this has nothing to do with the gfx card overheating, i just ran a 1 hour league race and everything was fine. The gfx card never runs about 50c.
Attached images
Image1.jpg
lfs_00000001.jpg
lfs_00000002.jpg
lfs_00000003.jpg
-
(Belain) DELETED by Belain
Did you checked your graphic card's temperature? I saw similiar artefacts when my old R9700 Pro got a bit to warm on a hot summer day.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG