The online racing simulator
Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
Hey I have a Movie Making question.

How do you reverse video? Not like a mirror effect but reverse it so the end of the clip is the beginning and vise versa?

I need it for some video effects but I can't spend any money on any programs that have it so im narrowed down to free programs....or cracked ones which isn't legal and isn't my style.
Quote from badboy2 :Hi,

im really confused here :S I have downloaded the recorder from the first post of this topic, Trying to use it is a diffrent matter i cant find where it says record

And most of the replys are confuseing.....Maybe someone can help me with a easy program, i just want to make a movie of one lap so i can show others my dirfting skills

Thanks in advance

Simon.

The default button for Fraps to record (video capture hotkey) when you're in a game is F9, that should work. Afterwards, press F9 again to stop recording.

Windows Movie Maker isn't hard but if you just need one clip of one lap, opening the video Fraps recorded in VirtualDub, selecting a compression and saving it with F7 should be enough. No editing skills required.

GruntOfAction; it depends on the software you use. Windows Movie Maker is not capable but Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere Pro are. For example in premiere pro you can right-click on the clip - select duration/speed - click reverse.
Quote from (SaM) :
GruntOfAction; it depends on the software you use. Windows Movie Maker is not capable but Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere Pro are. For example in premiere pro you can right-click on the clip - select duration/speed - click reverse.

Well I don't have, and cannot afford, Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere Pro.

So im boned then eh?
I'm using Sony Vegas 7.0. I sow on some videos something like TV sign. Or letter R when shows replay.... can I somehow put that in my video by Sony Vegas 7? Thank you
N I K I,

Heck, even virtualdub can do that. Look around, I bet it's called "Logo" something.
Ok, N I K I, I have Sony Vegas 6 but I'd say it's similar to 7 so this is how I would do it. I'm still a noob to this program but here goes -

Attachment 1 - Click Media Generators tab, then select Text.

Attachment 2 - When you choose your text style and enter it into Video Overlay, a Video Event FX tab will open and in that window is where you type your text, then click the Placement tab, to put the text where you want. Then you can choose the effects the text has and other stuff too.

Hope that helps.
Attached images
SonyVegas.JPG
SonyVegas2.JPG
I get it now... Text must be first up there, then video, then sound. I used to put text over video and then I just sow text. Thank you for help
Quote from N I K I :I get it now... Text must be first up there, then video, then sound. I used to put text over video and then I just sow text. Thank you for help

You can also use picture (.jpg;.bmp;.png;etc.) then right click on it in vegas and select "video pan/crop" here you can move and resize it.
Sony Vegas users:

Have you noticed that sometimes, seems to be completely randomly, when you have edited some vid and then start to render it, the progress bar goes to 100% very quickly and it doesn't actually render the video at all? Saving project, restarting Vegas and opening the project again and it works again. Program just runs out of memory or something?

edit: talking about Vegas 6.0
This could happen when you ticked the "Render Looped Region Only" and your looped region is not the movie but some small part of it if even just that... At least thats my explanation.
By the way, how do you make a fixed camera in LFS? For now I would always have to correct the position of the camera, but I saw in some movies a fixed camera for example showing the wheels for a long time, also in turns.. How is that possible?
Quote from blub-blub :This could happen when you ticked the "Render Looped Region Only" and your looped region is not the movie but some small part of it if even just that... At least thats my explanation.

I don't know, I didn't even find that option from the render as menu, I'd guess I have not ticked that then :O

Quote from blub-blub :By the way, how do you make a fixed camera in LFS? For now I would always have to correct the position of the camera, but I saw in some movies a fixed camera for example showing the wheels for a long time, also in turns.. How is that possible?

Options -> View -> Custom... tick the "Draw" options both to "Body" instead of "wheels".
i followed the list of steps already.after done and export,i playback watch..the quality not good as i watch in lfs replay.why?how to make the quality good like i watch in lfs replay?
Started making my very first film with LFS some days ago and so far i've encountered some problems;
- Compressing in VDub is a no-no the qual is horrid and I can't say I know what multiple is...
- Compressing in Dr.Divx won't work, guessing it can't handle the raw .avi, strange considering i've got the latest codecs and numerous other people have gotten it to work. Do you know why?
- Comressing in WMM works fine although the pixels containing similar colour sometimes gets too big. Any way around?
- The movie i made was 4:00 and the strange thing is, it's got alot of clips in it and one(1) always stutters, none of the others but always one at the end. 3rd, 4th from last clip. HDD probs?

I don't expect you to do everything for me but I recon some of these things have "public interest"...

Funny thing though, i'm on a laptop;
Centrino Mobile 1.5 Ghz, 512MB DDR, 30 GB HDD @ 4200 rpm and a ATI 9600 32MB. These aren't exactly high-end specs but I have no problem at all recording at 30 fps 800x600 or even unlimited, ~60, so I really can't understand how you manage to get "5-12 fps".
No special drivers, VSync forced and quality/mipmap in Direct3D setup at maximum.

I can't afford or even justify buying a steering wheel(nothing except G25 would be worth buying now that i've tried one) but wouldn't some of guys benefit more from a better CPU/GPU than having 900 degs of rotation?
Does anyone use pinnacle studio in their editing? If so, can you use the avi files that fraps writes in Studio? I get the audio, but no picture. I can convert it to MPEG4 with virtual dub but then the resulting file is choppy and crap. The fraps avi's are pretty smooth so just want to try and do away with the compression until rendering time.

Any ideas?
How to make those high fps slowmotion videos that DoN makes? I should really wanna now how he does it, because when i make a slowmotion movie, it is kinda laggy and not as smooth as his works. I have a pretty good computer now, so i have no fps problems or so. Maybe he records it in 0.250 speed on the replay, and speeds it up in vdub to 0.5?

Thanks in advance/ TheMask
Quote from jmracing1 :How to make those high fps slowmotion videos that DoN makes? I should really wanna now how he does it, because when i make a slowmotion movie, it is kinda laggy and not as smooth as his works. I have a pretty good computer now, so i have no fps problems or so. Maybe he records it in 0.250 speed on the replay, and speeds it up in vdub to 0.5?

Thanks in advance/ TheMask

I've tried, with limited success.

I experienced the same laggy thing as you. The only way I was able to do it to get the results that DoN did was to go through the video, frame by frame, and delete the duplicate frames. After getting about 15 seconds-worth of footage, and throwing roughly 2hrs of effort at it, I decided to scrap the plan and take 3 Anadin Xtra. I concluded that DoN is a master of video AND patience.. he is impervious to pain.. and I think he's probably an Obsessive-Compulsive, too. Long live DoN
Quote from Damo74 :Does anyone use pinnacle studio in their editing? If so, can you use the avi files that fraps writes in Studio? I get the audio, but no picture. I can convert it to MPEG4 with virtual dub but then the resulting file is choppy and crap. The fraps avi's are pretty smooth so just want to try and do away with the compression until rendering time.

Any ideas?

Any software should work with that Fraps' AVI files as it's only depending on whether Windows has the Fraps Codec installed. It seems your codec is corrupt or missing, so reinstalling Fraps should fix that.

And about slow motion videos and DoN's in particular, if you have a powerful enough 'puter, recording at .125 playback speed then speeding it up 4 times or .250 speed and speeding it up 2 times should work out fine.
Even if the original video is laggy, it being sped up will cause the stuttering to be hard to notice.

I think the reason it was really laggy is because it's always laggy in Editing Software because it's being played realtime and not rendered.
Render (a part of) the sped up video first and it should be smooth.
If not.. then I'm really sorry!
I tried to make a small movie yesterday but my fraps won't start recording no matter how I try it. The hotkey to start recording does nothing but I can get screenshots still. Any ideas on what to try? Fraps is the latest version, so are my catalyst drivers.
I have a little question for Sony Vegas users, do you know how to get "fade in/out" effect? Quick answer needed
Quote from kompa :I tried to make a small movie yesterday but my fraps won't start recording no matter how I try it.

Out of HD space? It happened to me.
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :I have a little question for Sony Vegas users, do you know how to get "fade in/out" effect? Quick answer needed

I don't have Vegas anymore (Premiere freak) but doesn't a cross dissolve or a cross fade on the end or start of a clip fade from/to black?
Quote from kurent :Out of HD space? It happened to me.

Nope that's not it Must be something about Vista/ATI drivers I guess. IIRC it worked a few months ago thou
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :I have a little question for Sony Vegas users, do you know how to get "fade in/out" effect? Quick answer needed

I'm quite a beginner too, no idea is this the proper way but at least it works. Right click menu on the video (or audio) track -> Insert Empty Event and then drag it top of the video you want to be faded.
how to paste words on a layer screen and do words animation/effect with photoshop ?

Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG