The online racing simulator
Where LFS is going?
(241 posts, closed, started )
Where LFS is going?
Dear readers.
Lets be honest with you guys what do you think where things go?? update silly enviroment and shadows instead of proper new cars and tracks?? maybe new tire physicks?? no?

IMO it is nonsense and waste of tiem! only my opinion (and 98% of LFS'r)
What us need is= 1: new cars scirocco (huh 8 years in table!) 2.Tire phisicks 3.rockinham free ! 4.LFS steam! 5. Forget nonsense and graphicks they are good enough just to way it is now !.

feel free to post what you are thinking?

thanks - Jati
#2 - gu3st
Having a modern graphics engine is a good start to being able to implement better looking cars/tracks. LFS could have 50 tracks, but without a modern graphics engine people won't give it a 2nd look.

Look at a lot of the non-Kunos tracks that are in AC. They're not very nice to play because they look... way worse than what you know that AC can do. There's tonnes of content for AC, but I honestly couldn't care less because a lot of the mod content looks very bad.
Quote from Jatimc :Dear readers.
Lets be honest with you guys what do you think where things go?? update silly enviroment and shadows instead of proper new cars and tracks?? maybe new tire physicks?? no?

IMO it is nonsense and waste of tiem! only my opinion (and 98% of LFS'r)
What us need is= 1: new cars scirocco (huh 8 years in table!) 2.Tire phisicks 3.rockinham free ! 4.LFS steam! 5. Forget nonsense and graphicks they are good enough just to way it is now !.

feel free to post what you are thinking?

thanks - Jati

Sounds like u lost it Wink

Check other sims most better graphics (my personal opinion is graphics rule most)
LFS is still best Game arround all other sims best game play etc just not many newbies not know it (so maybe advertising) but when u sim racer u google racing sims Wink

I also have feeling we S3 guys get another suprice but thats just my hope Big grin
#4 - Ped7g
> 3.rockinham free

You already have it, you don't have to pay for it next month or year.

Actually just recently when reading about something else (game development related), it occurred to me, that LFS dev team basically figured out the model of "software as service" very early, decade+ ago, they just messed up their pricing (from the point of view of corporate)... Now most of the game studios are trying to hop that train too, but under completely different conditions... I'm probably getting too old, as I sometimes think how lucky I was to live during the period of 8 bit computers and early computer games, because somehow it feels like the new things will never ever recreate experience like that.
I disagree all things except numbers 2 and 5, because gameplay attracts me most of it.

Just bunch of new layout objects or even complete editor with huge sandbox and we all are set for several more years to wait another period of announced updated physics. Perhaps some kind of workshop to download user content.

But in other hand, I feel devs know what is the best, so I just wait and do something else, as there is not much interest left on here for me, sadly.
Well, some of the layouts were backfiring, but that was only because enthusiasm was pretty high back then. Normal racing does not attract me, or does in very few certain circumstances.

Anything new related to as I mentioned will bring some fun for sure!
#7 - Sobis
It's funny how Jatimc is complaining about the development of LFS but doesn't read Scawen's posts... He has said that he does want to finish the tyre physics and (IIRC) it's possible that the new tyre physics will come out with this graphical update.
Quote from Scawen :I need to finish up on the lighting and shadows so I can get to sort out the tyre physics and get that to a releasable state if at all possible. I can't bear the thought of trying to merge the current changes you see in the development version, into the public version. I want to get past that point where there are two branches and I want LFS back on the right track again.

Again, this is not a promise that the physics will go out with the patch, it's just that he is doing his best to get it to a releasable state.
#8 - lucaf
Whatever happens, there is always someone who is not satisfied, who wants more, and more, and more. Quantity will never be the permanent solution for satisfaction. As LFS community gets smaller and smaller, I think the spirit inside community is paradoxally getting better, since all remaining members are those who are happy with the game as it is now, without complaining.
BTW Other games simply make new game so u have to pay twice

rFactor Project Cars Assetto and then u still have all those DLC's
Yes, the development is slow ...... but that's exactly why LFS has become so brilliant. While other developers like Kunos publish one DLC after another and already work on the next simulation, LFS is perfecting perfectionism. No to all points. LFS is special for everything else we have Kunos & co, which of course are also super. But different. I would not criticize Pcars for his exaggerated graphics, or Assetto for his Immensen laserscan content. So I dare not criticize LFS of its strengths. A slow but flawless evolution
Sobis and Lucaf=
They primise us scirocco a god damn 11 years ago and it is not still come, what im disapointment is empty promises. Nothing shatters a most than promise that you cannot keep.
If you cannot do what you say dont do ! simppel !
-Jati
@Jati My personal opinion is Scawen to much perfectionist Wink

Car doesn't fit actual physics so no release.
Then could the current physics recreate the sirocco'08 or not yet??

Extract of the presentation sirocco video:

"with some information kindly provided by Volkswagen we were able to achieve this, the cars handling is very comparable to original"

They are saying that have been able to recreate the handling so the phisics not seem to be the cause of the release postponement.

By the way I have noticed that in of the youtube lfs channel header appears the sirocco with a license plate "S3" nice joke...
Quote from F.C.Barcelona :

By the way I have noticed that in of the youtube lfs channel header appears the sirocco with a license plate "S3" nice joke...

The only joke here are demo users that keeps complaining about the lack of content.
If scirocco were released 11 years ago, it would make no change on the situation today. The amount of unhappy people would be same.
For those who didn't follow back then - it's the tyre physics that put the folkscar on hold. If I understood correctly,adding VW's driving aids (ABS,TC,Stability control,whatever else people without driving skills need to control a car),it caused false behaviour of these systems due tyres having wrong amount of grip in different situations. This is where the long journey towards new,more realistic tyre physics began.

Anyway - not sure if one can take anything from Jati serious as he's been complaining about everything. He comes to races and complains about bad combo. He even complains years long about losing a race because he was sort of outsmarted in tactics. And now this. Nothing is good enough for him...
I do not agree anything with your words, LiveForSpeed ​​is proving that it is still better than other simulators this new update is preparation that comes from there!
I believe in the great bridgehead of the future of LiveForSpeed, because you go to other simulators to have contiguous need to have a crap of a mod and sometimes badly done!
A person has to understand something, a good simulator is one that is made from scratch and is not made up of mods, if a car is made for it by developers and is what it will have to do.
You do not have LFS, you can get XRT for example you can do rally and you can do registration race!

Rally physics here are very good and you will go to simulators similar to LFS that are made up of mods, that is horrible!

I'll say again, LFS is huge simulator here and has a great merit, I can even assure you that LFS is not just "The Simulator" because they have not had many updates as others have had, many have left LiveForSpeed ​​because of this with these updates is a flashy to come back to.

And they can not just stay here, they need to keep working even harder Smile

Bring more cars and tracks in the future, always more news.
If LFS continues this work, I believe it will evolve
Good thinking, but i think you all missed the point here. You are all just LFS fanboys hoping the miracle, while only you are get is small gifts. Lets see how long i will continue game...
Quote from Jatimc :Good thinking, but i think you all missed the point here...

Yes, and you're the only one who got it, aren't you? Please!
FWIW, you can as well stop playing it now.
Quote from Big Daddy :I ´m not sure if I understood your sentence right

No, went a bit over your head...

If you take particular version of LFS, then it is old-school "we sell this game for 36 pounds, and it's all yours, go play...".

But if you consider it in larger time frame, then you got "LFS service" - continuously updated game content and executable, running master server (once it will die, you will be unable to unlock content after reinstall)... but only one time payment for license.

Which is exactly how those wet dreams of EA and similar CEOs look, except that pricing model, that one went completely wrong (from corporate point of view).

To add insult into injury, this pricing model is quite likely partly responsible for the current reception of LFS ("old, dead, should have had this and should add that...").

Because they can't let the game for $3.30 in some kind of sale, if it's the only money they will ever see for it, so they can't compete with price against current games (like some summer sale for iRental or AC1), yet as price for "total game" it's actually surprisingly low/cheap in current world (most of the full games are currently priced around $90 to $150 (usually starting at $60 + DLCs + deluxe-triple-turbo-diamond-redux packages, so if you want it "all", you will end even beyond $150 easily). And people tend to treat cheap things as obviously worse, than the more pricey ones (subconsciously).

Also the LFS case probably shows how SaaS gaming and corporates will die (*). Even if they will churn updates for their continuous games at much better pace and quantity than LFS devs, ultimately gamers will want some "new game" (even if those updates made that "old" one into technically new one every 6 months, they will after couple of years feel like it's "old", and they should rent some other game instead).

(* which I'm definitely looking forward to, the sooner, the merrier me)
LFS has always had the most honest, natural, cohesive physics of any game/sim! They are undeniably it's strongest suit.

I will welcome improved graphics. I will more readily welcome further refined tire physics/FFB.

P.S. I'd rather see higher-poly versions of the current cars before new shadows or track improvements. That's the only superficial complaint I could make, except the 100hz physics that causes stuttering on 60hz monitors. I have a monitor that will underclock to 50hz currently, making it a non-issue, for me.
Quite sure "early in 2009" was a typo, should be 2019.
I'm getting a little excited right now! Omg omg omg
Quote from Oliver Feistkorn :Quite sure "early in 2009" was a typo, should be 2019.
I'm getting a little excited right now! Omg omg omg

10 years olli 10 yers!!! Dead banana
#25 - 5tag
What I don't understand is their list of priorities in terms of content. Why do Blackwood and South City get multiple updates, even S2 tracks, while Fern Bay still looks the same after 15 years? Fifteen!

Imagine a Demo player (spoiled by the beautiful Blackwood) buying S1 and loading up Fern Bay...

Some consistency is needed IMO. After new graphics and tyre physics are done, Scawen should think about releasing a tool so users can create tracks and car models. And I don't mean mods. Just in terms of content, development should be outsourced to the community (via competitions, sort of like inviting tenders), because as is evident devs have enough to do already. Then Eric can focus on updating older content and act as quality control for the community-made content, while Scawen could develop the game further at its core.
This thread is closed

Where LFS is going?
(241 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG