The online racing simulator
Where LFS is going?
(241 posts, closed, started )
Live for Speed has in terms of dedicated host solutions in my view the nose ahead! Why does "high gloss" racing sims need 20gb and more data for a "simple" dedicated host (like ac, pc, ams)? LFS host also runs smoothly under linux.

Great work!
Quote from Pasci :Live for Speed has in terms of dedicated host solutions in my view the nose ahead! Why does "high gloss" racing sims need 20gb and more data for a "simple" dedicated host (like ac, pc, ams)? LFS host also runs smoothly under linux.

Great work!

Just thinking how to make online experience more stable and more prezice Wink

BTW PC2 dedicated host is 20MB and AC dedicated is lot bigger but this include all results from past 3 years and manager program. But I see big difference in cpu usage. PC2 and AC when the servers full my server has 20% cpu load and about 4MB/s upload.

While with LFS server cpu load is arround 1% and upload is arround 26KB/s.
Quote from RC-Maus :...PC2 and AC when the servers full my server has 20% cpu load and about 4MB/s upload.

While with LFS server cpu load is arround 1% and upload is arround 26KB/s.

Ya right
Big grin
Rainbow Six Siege definitely doesn't charge for its updates and it's been released 4 years ago...
Quote from benjamin.torres :Rainbow Six Siege definitely doesn't charge for its updates and it's been released 4 years ago...

Think there are no games that charge for updates. Shrug But do u know games that get updates after 15 years?
Battle passes are a form of charging for updates. Content releases that are only accessible with a fee.
You make it sound like LFS content is free.
Feels like that. I paid so far only 36 pounds for everything around LFS. Considering single karting race weekend does cost me around 400-600 pounds (racing the most economy category there is)...

Anyway, if you want more real-life racing experience, try iRacing and keep all the content unlocked for 2-3 years. LFS does give you zero idea about how real racing is, as 36 pounds is hardly enough to cover just travel expenses, so with LFS you are completely missing the biggest and most important (and difficult) part of real world motor racing. The cars, tracks and physics, etc... everything in LFS is quite nice and simulated reasonably well, but the main part is basically missing. iRacing is still just game, but it's doing some basic simulation on the financial side too. Big grin
Good for you man!
Quote from The_Great :hey! doing big assumptions! nice. "keep telling people they are stupid for hanging around here" so, where exactly this is being said? raving about greener grass and nicer fonts is not automatically stupid hah, its just ...special.

rest of message is trying to derail this topic again, good job as superadmin. same story in repeat; if you want to know where The_Great is going, open a topic in off topic section because this is where such discussion belong. this topic is about where LFS is going which is clearly stated on the top of every page of the topic.

summary of all this; "LFS is going offtopic again in upcoming patch" . bravo, ten pages of discussion but finally a good conclusion. good that you came to express yourself here like this!

...what a pathetic moron... Face -> palm
Quote from gu3st :Battle passes are a form of charging for updates. Content releases that are only accessible with a fee.

Well, things like the battle pass from Fortnite are totally cosmetic, you only pay if you want you character to look cool. Also i wouldn't exactly say content releases = updates, never seen a game that only updates for people with the DLC.
Quote from k_badam :Well, things like the battle pass from Fortnite are totally cosmetic, you only pay if you want you character to look cool. Also i wouldn't exactly say content releases = updates, never seen a game that only updates for people with the DLC.

Expansion packs are genuinely updates that segement the player base based on their ownership (or not) of the update.

Same with map packs for COD/other FPS games.

You might recieve bug fixes/balancing for the core game, but you're still not recieving the rest of the update for free.

Other games also use battle passes to create game modes that are segmented only to those who pay for the battle pass. DOTA tends to have a few special event modes for Compendium owners only, and even a ranked matchmaking mode that only applies for those who subscribe to the montly "battle pass"
I don’t understand, was Rockingham ever free?
Just another case of the pot calling the kettle black.
Quote from benjamin.torres :I don’t understand, was Rockingham ever free?
Just another case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Why sit on content u have ready and u dont want it in S2?
huhhh?
The thread has become useless now.

Looking at the first post, it basically started that way, got better for a while and has now gone wrong. Time to close.

Let's have sensible discussions, not silly arguments and insults.
This thread is closed

Where LFS is going?
(241 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG