The online racing simulator
Where LFS is going?
(241 posts, closed, started )
I dont see where the problems is...

You dont like that you get only Rockingham in S3? Dont buy it... I for one would like more effort from devs to give them my money, so I dont give them my money.

I do hope they will make LFS a bit than it is now, because i tried PC, AC , RF's and LFS still feels most natural to me.
That's good, I'll be glad if it does.
And if they do, them to game might get more people playing because of good graphics, and more real cars,
Or though because they've been at this for so long, the VW might a bit old unfortunately, still, event tho to me it's a pretty modern car, but i don't W no what is like to other people. Look forward to seeing it out.
Quote from JohnT2005 :That's good, I'll be glad if it does.

You obviously didn't catch what he ment with it.
I'll try once again: Scawen wrote that new tyre physics MIGHT be released with next update. For some reason people around here took it as promise that it deffinitelly will be released.

Other way said - don't take plans and possibilities as promises! This is why so many are upset around this community.
Quote from Big Daddy :

Basically I must say I am very much impressed of the Demo version back in 2003 v0.3.

From where I can download this version?
Quote from Eclipsed :You obviously didn't catch what he ment with it.
I'll try once again: Scawen wrote that new tyre physics MIGHT be released with next update. For some reason people around here took it as promise that it deffinitelly will be released.

Other way said - don't take plans and possibilities as promises! This is why so many are upset around this community.

That's why I said if it does.
Quote from Eclipsed :You obviously didn't catch what he ment with it.

In my view he said maybe after this update Shrug But there still was time now he had tools for eric Wink
Some might say:

Where LFS is going?
- It's going to heaven or die trying.

Big grin
Where LFS is going? To the mall.
Give me a god damn break. "yOu DoNt liKe dAt yOu gEt oNE tRacK wItH s3!? doNt buY It!"

A lot of people bought S3 to try and encourage the devs to work on the game. High hopes of letting the devs see we still care.

Obvious mistake really. We gave the pay day before the work was done so there is no longer an incentive.
Quote from NumberTwo :I dont see where the problems is...

You dont like that you get only Rockingham in S3? Dont buy it... I for one would like more effort from devs to give them my money, so I dont give them my money.

I do hope they will make LFS a bit than it is now, because i tried PC, AC , RF's and LFS still feels most natural to me.

You've made me upset seeing that you completely ignored my request of not saying specifically that
How long before you get your game when you make a preorder? A few weeks? A few months if you're unlucky?
With LFS it will be a few decades if you're lucky.

It's only a matter of time before Scawen gets too old to continue and will have to pass the torch, but knowing how stubborn he is, it will most likely never happen. LFS won't be a finished product anytime soon and by that I mean 2050.
Quote from benjamin.torres :LFS won't be a finished product anytime soon and by that I mean 2050.

Nothing is never finished... these days everything is in beta state. Live for Speed could have been a finished product many times few decades ago. Live for Speed, Live for Speed 2, Live for Speed 3, Live for Speed 4, Live for Speed 5 etc.. Big grin
Quote from benjamin.torres :How long before you get your game when you make a preorder? A few weeks? A few months if you're unlucky?

Well, S3 license is not pre-order. At *this* moment it's ROC only, and that's how it is advertised by Scawen.

There is *hint* that there *MIGHT* be more content later, but if you are buying it now, you are buying the Rockingham track for 12 quids. If you don't like the deal, you really should not buy, it's dead simple.

And same goes with S1/S2 and current LFS. The price is for current live version, not for any future work.

Would Scawen stop developing LFS today and turn off the servers, you shouldn't feel robbed in any way, you already got the game.

Pre-orders are completely different thing, you are "buying" some future product, which should be delivered by devs at some point.
Here we go again fanboys. Let's make even more excuses!
Quote from benjamin.torres :Here we go again fanboys. Let's make even more excuses!

Here we go again hateboys. Let's make even more hatecuses! Big grin

@super_gt, I agree.
Quote from super_gt :Christopher Zoechling said, that LFS has still the best tyre-model he played sim-racing from 8 years and he is real GT3 racing driver.

so what? everybody left and moved to different sims and I doubt because it was because of bad fonts and/or lighting.

its being proposed as the next revolutionair thing of 2019 after a full year of working on it. maybe fifteen years ago when dx9 engine first came out

so topic question still is valid, where is LFS going? nowhere
Quote from The_Great :so what? everybody left and moved to different sims and I doubt because it was because of bad fonts and/or lighting.

its being proposed as the next revolutionair thing of 2019 after a full year of working on it. maybe fifteen years ago when dx9 engine first came out

so topic question still is valid, where is LFS going? nowhere

Not true in my eyes. For me I tried 7 other race sims and for me LFS still beats all (Thumbs up for devs). Mostly just in gameplay the easy chat and spectating mode + other great plus is the insim that makes it possible for others to make their great programs. And I don't count the f1 201x and rally games as sims.
I don't understand the complains of the demo users... if you don't like it and/or move on to another sim, then why are you here writing? You still care or you just want to make other people feel bad because after all these years they still believe in this project?
Quote from Big Daddy :Well my personal last words on this topic:
But I think it´s time to stop and to accept that LFS is something great from the past.

I think not … offcourse the devs could have made a new game but they didn't. (Lucky for us)
Think we saw some nice updates 3d, real reflexions, real mirrors etc.

Maybe u should have some respect for such a small team that Always kept things working Shrug
i was all ways impressed with the amount of work thats done ii the sim for such a small team, but they were doing so much more 10, 12 years ago and now they have slowed down, not to say that they still arent improving the game, graphic update for starters, but there not doing as much as they used to, still, i respect them for making one of the most realistic sims of all time without the help of microsoft or play station. how ever. i think there reputation came from the early days of lfs. still, im never going to stop playing it because its all ways going to be really fun with pretty good graphics. and thats not even including the new update coming out.
We all finally agree that it's going nowhere. Let's close this thread now because we know the answer.
This thread is closed

Where LFS is going?
(241 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG