The online racing simulator
Quote from k_badam :Well, the attackers have given up for now, maybe if there are more attacks Scawen will just push this patch out how it is before more content but if there are no more attacks then this will just stay as a test until there is.

Did you seriously post that? Logically that function just sucks.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Did you seriously post that? Logically that function just sucks.

What do you mean? That does actually sound logical. There's no reason to push this out now as the attacks have stopped if Scawen thinks something bigger can be introduced. Why make 2 consecutive test patches when he can make a bigger single one.
Quote from Sobis :What do you mean? That does actually sound logical. There's no reason to push this out now as the attacks have stopped if Scawen thinks something bigger can be introduced. Why make 2 consecutive test patches when he can make a bigger single one.

Now that went off from my point... but yes correct.

What I was pointing out that it would had already released official one. Having attacks makes no change of protocol about when and what should be released, unless there is something else which can't be seen upcoming. Attacks would generally only delay things. Not mentioning about going to attack master server, hoping about getting new content didn't work, so why it would work now? Besides, content would not be unlimited and it would loop once again.

That kind of talking would just courage people to go on nuts. Seeing as accomplishment, developers could not make things as they like, resulting disgusting content.
Hello guys.

How is this game doing? Been absent a long time
That's eleven years, he's only been away 5. In that time we've had open configs, Rockingham, new Westhill, new Blackwood, many performance tweaks, and AX concrete. Just off the top of my head.

PS: Anyone got an explanation for 200+ hosts disappearing overnight, coming back overnight a year later, sticking around for another year, and then disappearing again? That first disappearance correlates to the start of the decline, the second to a lessening of it (Had it continued at the pace it kept up for those 4ish years, it'd've hit zero a couple of years ago). You can see it had a small effect in racers, with a slight lag. Not necessarily causation I know, but I'm curious.
I recall that one of those big drops (most likely the later one) had something to do with some finnish website closing - "final lap" or something like that.
Also the 1st might be closing of 500servers - big hoster that time,suddenly got lost.
Quote from Eclipsed :I recall that one of those big drops (most likely the later one) had something to do with some finnish website closing - "final lap" or something like that.

5Laps.com is the site you're referring to. Kind of shame it got shut down, it was pretty popular IIRC. That website and its league system introduced many players (me included) into the world of LFS.

(sorry if this is too much off topic)
It's all good since I installed the patch,but please make the watermark optional because it's annoying,the reason is that I like my fps counter on the left corner of my screen.
I know, i need to be patient, and yes i'm. But i'm wondering, why there's no update about the next (Test)Patch. Because the last testpatch was released 5 weeks ago. Since than, the communication has ended between the devs and the community.

Is Scawen trying to add the new shadow system into the next testpatch?
Or is he enjoying the "good" weather Big grin.

We will never know, until he tell something about the major update Tongue.

Keep up the good work, Devs Thumbs up
Looking forward to the new shadowsystem.
He is trying to implement the TT in LFS Big grin (see Scawen's twitter account ^^ )
To be serious I'm patient aswell, just hoping for a terrific news, whatever it will be Thumbs up
Heart
-
(lucaf) DELETED by lucaf : cleaning my offtopic :/
-
(lucaf) DELETED by lucaf : cleaning my offtopic :/
Hi there. Sorry about the long delay. It's nothing exciting. There were some more possible developments for the test patch, but they were not very interesting and other things came up. At this point we've decided not to go on working on the test patch. Better to release it as a full version and I can go on developing for the new version that Eric has been continuing to work on.

For the test patch, I did add the key to temporarily hide the object outlines. I went with ALT. CTRL+SHIFT seemed to interfere with other things and was confusing. I expect to release this minor test patch update in a few hours.
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen
Quote from Scawen :Hi there. Sorry about the long delay. It's nothing exciting. There were some more possible developments for the test patch, but they were not very interesting and other things came up. At this point we've decided not to go on working on the test patch. Better to release it as a full version and I can go on developing for the new version that Eric has been continuing to work on.

For the test patch, I did add the key to temporarily hide the object outlines. I went with ALT. CTRL+SHIFT seemed to interfere with other things and was confusing. I expect to release this minor test patch update in a few hours.

i will wait with excitement

Hello @Scawen,

New gear feature Can you add?

Sport Mode
Eco Mode
Comfort Mode

InSim With suspension, differential, pressure, camber, torque, power adjustable forces can be increased?
R22 is now available.

Changes from 0.6R21 to 0.6R22

Layout editor:

ALT key now temporarily hides the outlines of selected objects

Interface:

More updated translations - Thank you translators!

Download: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/92067
Working fine for me.
scawen, maybe on future you need make some Track Editor for lfs
those objects are awesome in new servers, have some layouts if it really looks a new track
Não entendo.... Façam algo de jeito! Estamos fartos de migalhas por ano! Foi mais de um ano para isto? Estamos bem, estamos
Quote from brunosmartinho :Não entendo.... Façam algo de jeito! Estamos fartos de migalhas por ano! Foi mais de um ano para isto? Estamos bem, estamos

Quote from Google Translate :I do not understand .... Do something! We're sick of crumbs a year! Was it more than a year for this? We're fine, we're

We are working on new things. This test patch is something I was forced to work on due to the attacks in April. I added some autocross and InSim updates while we were at it.

A couple of weeks after the release of this full version, we plan to show some images of the new track updates Eric has been working on using the new graphics system which supports specular lighting and a new shadow system.
Quote from Scawen :...
A couple of weeks after the release of this full version, we plan to show some images of the new track updates Eric has been working on using the new graphics system which supports specular lighting and a new shadow system.

appointment noted Tongue
To be serious, glad to hear the things are going well !
Quote from Scawen :A couple of weeks after the release of this full version, we plan to show some images of the new track updates Eric has been working on using the new graphics system which supports specular lighting and a new shadow system.

This teasing is getting silly, you said this back in March on Twitter... Cool

But it's good to see this patch is finally going to be released.
[quote="Scawen;1938413"]

A couple of weeks after the release of this full version, we plan to show some images of the new track updates Eric has been working on using the new graphics system which supports specular lighting and a new shadow system.[quote]

Thumbs upThumbs upThumbs upThumbs up Good luck LFS
Quote from mbutcher :This teasing is getting silly, you said this back in March on Twitter... Cool

so, now, it is closer than ever Omg omg omg
No need to rush things though. Tongue

EDIT: But in other hand, absolutely you have to, due obvious reasons as mentioned in this year... or these years, depending of how looking at it.
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6R8 (now R22)
(396 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG