The online racing simulator
Test Patch 0.6R8 (now R22)
(408 posts, started , go to first unread)
-
(Scawen) DELETED by Scawen
Quote from Scawen :Hi there. Sorry about the long delay. It's nothing exciting. There were some more possible developments for the test patch, but they were not very interesting and other things came up. At this point we've decided not to go on working on the test patch. Better to release it as a full version and I can go on developing for the new version that Eric has been continuing to work on.

For the test patch, I did add the key to temporarily hide the object outlines. I went with ALT. CTRL+SHIFT seemed to interfere with other things and was confusing. I expect to release this minor test patch update in a few hours.

i will wait with excitement

Hello @Scawen,

New gear feature Can you add?

Sport Mode
Eco Mode
Comfort Mode

InSim With suspension, differential, pressure, camber, torque, power adjustable forces can be increased?
R22 is now available.

Changes from 0.6R21 to 0.6R22

Layout editor:

ALT key now temporarily hides the outlines of selected objects

Interface:

More updated translations - Thank you translators!

Download: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/92067
Working fine for me.
scawen, maybe on future you need make some Track Editor for lfs
those objects are awesome in new servers, have some layouts if it really looks a new track
Não entendo.... Façam algo de jeito! Estamos fartos de migalhas por ano! Foi mais de um ano para isto? Estamos bem, estamos
Quote from brunosmartinho :Não entendo.... Façam algo de jeito! Estamos fartos de migalhas por ano! Foi mais de um ano para isto? Estamos bem, estamos

Quote from Google Translate :I do not understand .... Do something! We're sick of crumbs a year! Was it more than a year for this? We're fine, we're

We are working on new things. This test patch is something I was forced to work on due to the attacks in April. I added some autocross and InSim updates while we were at it.

A couple of weeks after the release of this full version, we plan to show some images of the new track updates Eric has been working on using the new graphics system which supports specular lighting and a new shadow system.
Quote from Scawen :...
A couple of weeks after the release of this full version, we plan to show some images of the new track updates Eric has been working on using the new graphics system which supports specular lighting and a new shadow system.

appointment noted Tongue
To be serious, glad to hear the things are going well !
Quote from Scawen :A couple of weeks after the release of this full version, we plan to show some images of the new track updates Eric has been working on using the new graphics system which supports specular lighting and a new shadow system.

This teasing is getting silly, you said this back in March on Twitter... Cool

But it's good to see this patch is finally going to be released.
[quote="Scawen;1938413"]

A couple of weeks after the release of this full version, we plan to show some images of the new track updates Eric has been working on using the new graphics system which supports specular lighting and a new shadow system.[quote]

Thumbs upThumbs upThumbs upThumbs up Good luck LFS
Quote from mbutcher :This teasing is getting silly, you said this back in March on Twitter... Cool

so, now, it is closer than ever Omg omg omg
No need to rush things though. Tongue

EDIT: But in other hand, absolutely you have to, due obvious reasons as mentioned in this year... or these years, depending of how looking at it.
Quote from Scawen :...we plan to show some images...

Thumbs up
Great to have some feedback!

The issue some of us had connecting to LFS sites a few weeks a go, was it something related to some testing that, perhaps, you were doing or was it just some general internet problem?

Tnx!
-
(FreeScirocco) DELETED by Scawen : unpleasant / pointless / spam
Quote from sermilan :The issue some of us had connecting to LFS sites a few weeks a go, was it something related to some testing that, perhaps, you were doing or was it just some general internet problem?

I don't know if it was a problem with our site or how it goes through Cloudflare. I just left it to Victor. I supposed it was a setting he changed that fixed the problem, but I didn't ask him for further details.
Quote from Scawen :

Oooooo exciting! Smile Map updates for LFS feels better than christmas
im sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but, how many people are working on LFS at the moment.

I'm very excited for the new updates Wink
Quote from krakilin12 :im sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but, how many people are working on LFS at the moment.

I'm very excited for the new updates Wink

Scawen is the developer and Eric is the graphics artist.
So two people are working on LFS.
The whole team has 3 people, since Victor is the one doing the technical side of things (website, forum, etc.)
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Scawen is the developer and Eric is the graphics artist.
So two people are working on LFS.
The whole team has 3 people, since Victor is the one doing the technical side of things (website, forum, etc.)

Thanks for the reply, that seems to be a very small Dev team.
I suppose they don't have more so to keep employment costs at a low.
Very impressive what a 3 member Dev team did over these years
Do not forget Geraldine Wink
Quote from krakilin12 :Thanks for the reply, that seems to be a very small Dev team.
I suppose they don't have more so to keep employment costs at a low.
Very impressive what a 3 member Dev team did over these years

This information is published on the website too.
https://www.lfs.net/about
Will Scirocco and tyre physics come with this version update ?
Quote from TurkemirtrZ :Will Scirocco and tyre physics come with this version update ?

obviously not.
I guess we would have some test patch related to tire physics change before considering a release ^^
Unless Scawen would be 100% sure everything is right and without flaws Wink
No tyre phisycs, even VWS... They conformed that in twitter! :\
" we plan to show some images of the new track updates "

I start already to savd money for a new F5 button

F5,F5,F5,F5,F5,F5..........Thumbs up
Quote from crazyboy232 :No tyre phisycs, even VWS... They conformed that in twitter! :\

And now it is postboned Big grin

But seriously, I am getting old here - just turned 34 omg.. If so I bet Scawen is grey grandpa already Wink

Test Patch 0.6R8 (now R22)
(408 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG