The online racing simulator
I'm still very interested to know the error code that should now be reported with "Unknown file transfer error". Just to know if it's some kind of temporary internet issue or something that LFS needs to deal with. Only problem is I think only two people have reported it and one of them doesn't get the issue any more.

So if any of you see "Unknown file transfer error" please let us know the rest of the message that LFS now displays!

EDIT : It's when it fails to download a skin and it says:
SKIN : Unknown file transfer error (X)
The X is the new part I want to know.
I never seen the message
What happened to R10?
i feel something different gearbox from some cars... and fxo tyres gets hot easly on fernbay...

or is a thing from my mind

ah, thanks, my FPS just increased since R9 xD
Quote from MacedoSTI :i feel something different gearbox from some cars... and fxo tyres gets hot easly on fernbay...

I tested it on all WR hotlaps yesterday and it ran them all without going OOS.

So I'm sure there was no unintentional change to physics.
In Bitdefender is the self extractor still a false positive. Bitdefender blocking the folder and delete the files, and it need a restart of the computer for downloading again while it turned off. A normal zip archive is much better because then can i make the setup with Beyond Compare. Hoping you will find fast a better installer. Sorry, this is a little bit off topic, but your test seems to be almost finished.
Quote from matze54564 :In Bitdefender is the self extractor still a false positive. Bitdefender blocking the folder and delete the files, and it need a restart of the computer for downloading again while it turned off. A normal zip archive is much better because then can i make the setup with Beyond Compare. Hoping you will find fast a better installer. Sorry, this is a little bit off topic, but your test seems to be almost finished.

Any half-decent (de-)compression tool can decompress the files from those executables without running them. I think the malware in this case is Bitdefender – is there really a reason to use such annoying software, and what's to say it wouldn't flag zip updates as well?
Quote from expr : is there really a reason to use such annoying software, and what's to say it wouldn't flag zip updates as well?

i have bought Bitdefender for 10 computer for 3 years. It is not bad, slows the computer not so much down like some other protection software, just the update need to long and need cpu without any reason. Not the lfs.exe is flagged, it's just the self extractor.exe, the zip files,(i have some from older versions) are not flagged as a malware.

" half-decent (de-)compression tool" - I have no decompression tool because Multicommander and Beyond Compare can open the most compressed folders. It is easier to turn the AV off while the lfs installation. Update: Beyond Compare can use the exe when the extension renamed to 7z.

I don't believe that the dev want that his software is flagged by a AV Software. This can confuse some other users which are not writing in the forums.
Can someone explain me the new TYRE PHYSICS or what it is going to be like. As a LFS Rally driver im looking forward to it but any info?
That is really off topic as it's nothing to do with the test patch.

But, for a quick answer, the new tyre physics is based on a mathematical model for producing the output forces from the current state of the tyre (velocity, rotation, camber etc.) instead of a 'made up' combination of lateral and longitudinal forces from 'made up' slip curves to try to match the data. It provides a more realistic response for steering and application of throttle and brakes, affect of camber and so on. It feels good to drive but is not finished and I would like to get it done for the big update we are currently working on (which is a really important graphical update).

I guess you could find more information about the tyre model by searching for my posts, but you would have to search back quite far. I'm a bit too busy to go looking for it now.
Quote from Scawen :I would like to get it done for the big update we are currently working on (which is a really important graphical update).

Hmmmm, this sounds like it makes me want to pull steering wheel out of the closet... Smile

By the way, does this graphical update refer only to tracks environment and shading, or the vehicle models too? Honestly I'm quite not up to date with latest updates info so apologies if this was said before.
My experience with the patch so far
Until now every seems to work fine.Can you add pop-up headlights please,for test Shrug
LOL and please FOR FREE
Test Patch R12 is now available.

Changes from 0.6R11 to 0.6R12 :

Interface :

New free view camera position text command /cp
/cp will copy a text camera position to the clipboard
The resulting text can be saved in a text file, forum, etc. or into
another instance of Live for Speed to reproduce.the camera position

Many translations updated - Thank you translators!

Graphics :

Slight reduction in some excessively bright driver models

InSim :

New value PMO_POSITION for IS_AXM packet to report a blank position
New packet IS_CIM reports a connection's interface / editor mode

Download :

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/92067
When I use the /cp command in a view other than SHIFT+U, it returns "Unknown error". I know it doesn't make sense to use it in those views, but I'm not sure if that error message is intentional.
Thanks, good point Smile

EDIT: typo
EDIT2: added a new translation string for this
-
(bobloblaw) DELETED by bobloblaw
-
(RC-Maus) DELETED by RC-Maus : Was working
The shadow of these front wheels. She's Crazy. This happens on different tracks in any weather.
Attached images
5.gif
6.gif
Information: We did intend to release the full version this weekend but for various reasons we have decided to go on a few more days. I hope to put another test patch here on Monday or Tuesday. But for now it seems R12 works well.
No problems with R12 so far Thumbs up
Not working for me. When I instal patch I can't open lfs.exe. Lfs.exe crashes instantly when I try to open it.
I have heard that from one other person. I asked for more information but he wasn't able to give it and just reverted to the old version. I would really like to have this information so I can fix the bug. Otherwise the crash will still be there when we release the official update!

What I need to know is:

- Crash offset or crash address
- Exception code

In older versions of Windows the information was offered to you in the crash dialog when you pressed "more info" or similar. I think in more recent versions of Windows you can find the information in an event log, accessed through control panel.

If you can give me this information that would be great and I can try to find out what causes the problem. If you would like more information on how to find the crash address, please tell us you Windows version.

Thanks.

The only other known instance of possibly the same bug:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1935799#post1935799
I have the same problem as Melmans, I dont know wich crash log to post, i have multiple from the same startup. Sorry for the text being in swedish and for my crappy english.
Il send you the reports but they are going to be long. I dont know if and how you can make a spoilers tab.

EDIT
Il post them in a google drive document and put the link to them here,

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ejnLYEcxKpQ7on9AW2pPkMaq-MeVjbFPJFEqG8kChg4/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks

EDIT 2
New Install of lfs works with patch.
Hi Raxy, thank you for the information!

It seems from this crash address that LFS was loading an object and crashed while checking for a type of reflection material that it can do a better way now.

I think when you first open LFS, in the first instant it loads humans, car objects and the helmet.

As you say it works on a fresh install, could it be you had some VOB mods installed before? I suppose it is possible that a VOB mod could be incorrectly formed in such a way that it didn't crash before but does crash in this new function.

I'll try to figure out exactly which line it crashed on but it would be interesting to know if a modified model was to blame, and why it doesn't crash on most installs.
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6R8 (now R22)
(396 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG