The online racing simulator
i think i need a new computer xD

Warning : shadow error (1)

Could not read texture BWskysunny1 - File not found
umm, i can't use my username Frown
not gonna trying to hate or anything but sadly master server is down, in both test patch and clean one are both down and trying to connect to master atm :/
There's not really much point talking about the master server status on this thread. This thread is about the test patch. It can sometimes connect to the master server when the old one cannot.

But, for now, it cannot connect when we have a full scale massive DDOS attack. You can check the status by looking at this graph.
https://www.lfsworld.net/totalonlinegraph2.php?text=1&width=419&height=165&bgcol=F4F4F5&col=207eba&abc=1522916411

As I keep saying, we are still working on solutions for the attacks. That doesn't mean we are hoping they go away. It means we are actively working on solutions.

Now, please can we stay on topic, and talk about the test patch.here on the test patch thread?
Found a bug - when changing texture and/or skin resolution - my license plate gets overwritten from another player (Mrs.Sushi in video). Only resets when i manually change it.

See attached video (when its done processing in youtube)

Quote from xspeedasx :Found a bug - when changing texture and/or skin resolution - my license plate gets overwritten from another player (Mrs.Sushi in video). Only resets when i manually change it.

Used to happen me in older versions aswell
Quote from xspeedasx :Found a bug - when changing texture and/or skin resolution - my license plate gets overwritten from another player (Mrs.Sushi in video). Only resets when i manually change it.

It's a known old bug.
Its any solution haw to use Lazy on R8, or its not posible?
Quote from zevvvs :Its any solution haw to use Lazy on R8, or its not posible?

Have to wait untill Daniel update it
Quote from MacedoSTI :i think i need a new computer xD

Warning : shadow error (1)

Could not read texture BWskysunny1 - File not found

You can copy the BWskysunny1 file from the previous version and paste it with the patch Luqita Smile
Quote from DReyes03 :You can copy the BWskysunny1 file from the previous version and paste it with the patch Luqita Smile

i solved that restarting my lfs xD
Test Patch 0.6R9:

Changes from R8 to R9:

Faster one time file conversion straight to DDS about 20 seconds
FIX : Multiplayer replays corrupted file error message in 0.6R8
FIX : Misleading warning messages about missing sky textures
FIX : A message about a missing file when loading Fern Bay

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1935638#post1935638
That explains my struggle installing R9
Quote from rediske :That explains my struggle installing R9

just turn it off for 10 mins it should fix it.
The master server is unreachable with or without the test patch for me.
Quote from Scawen :I don't know if it's possible to re-enable any of that lost lighting info in the test patch but I'll have a look.

Thanks for the update. With custom shaders, the game became way too bright. It looks fine in a fresh install- so no worries here about the lighting.
Quote from Scawen :...'security' software that takes its advice from random criminals on the internet?

They all take advice from random anyones I think, AVG wouldn't run it either. "Currently being interrogated at the AVG Lab" apparently. They had a link to tell them it was trusted, but no option to just run it after I had clicked that.
Avast just sees new s/w as dangerous (but u can say u trust it)
Quote from Scawen :Ok, am I understanding this right?

You are using 'security' software that takes its advice from random criminals on the internet?

No, the thing is, that anyone can report a file that they got in their computer to Avast to check out. Now they're checking the file in their servers and seeing if it has any viruses. Its a temporary message until they find that its a fake report. Also, you can press a "dont mind" button and it works fine. I was just saying by that picture that it bugged out for me and could bug out for others. Don't assume avast just keeps the fake reports Smile.

Best regards,

Skirma
Quote from Scawen :Ok, am I understanding this right?

You are using 'security' software that takes its advice from random criminals on the internet?

No, it are just false heuristics .. Nothing to do with 'reports'..

Most people are over-secured. Most threats are coming from undetected/new viruses so it's all pretty pointless these detection programs. But hey, it's installed, so; "feeling safe".

Anyway the heuristics are about detecting file changes.. And this is what this patch is doing. From an undefined source.
One small bug. As you can see, I use slightly changed car lights...
Also i saw that messege: "SKIN : Unknown file transfer error - XRT_TC-R_D"
Attached images
LFS 2018-04-07 00-49-12-32.jpg
AVG now marks R9 safe.
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6R8 (now R22)
(396 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG