The online racing simulator
"Thr / brk centre reduction [0.00-1.00]:"

?
It would be realy nice if lfs demo Blackwood is unlocked so we in a demo version of the game can play that becouse we only have one map so it would be realy nice if we could get the entire Blackwood map unlocked
if posible it would be nice!
sory for bad english Smile
Buy the game, problem solved.

Your question makes no sense, you're asking for paid content for free? That defeats the whole point of it costing...
Quote from SIMPLESMILE :It would be realy nice if lfs demo Blackwood is unlocked so we in a demo version of the game can play that becouse we only have one map so it would be realy nice if we could get the entire Blackwood map unlocked
if posible it would be nice!
sory for bad english Smile

The purpose of a demo is to inspire you to buy the full version when you see all the fun that you are missing out on. Giving it away for free defeats that purpose...

The FOMO is real. Eradicate the FOMO. Buy S1 today. TODAY!
Sugestions

Odometer
Just link to status from lfsworld, make it visible for another plays via cockpit camera,or pursuit cameras... i think its work well, maybe can able to work with setups information / per user

000000 new setup
000345 my setup

If i send my setup the another player, the new player can see that same odometer like used car
Can the AI retire from races and teleport back to the garage if they are trying to drive the mangled remnants of their car because it's annoying seeing a car just in the middle of the track flipped or in the gravel causing havoc.
Attached images
lfs_00000001.jpg
New Spectator Cam

Taken from V8 Supercar broadcast. The second picture from far left is your user avatar.
Realtime current lap vs Personal Best lap comparison. This is something I would really love to see, watching it in iRacing on youtube videos is always facinating and maybe set as an option that can be disabled on servers or within the racer's options. This would be a great way for drivers to work out where they are losing/gaining time on the go. Also being able to see the standings with realtime/10 second interval gaps shown. Again, this is something that would work well for spectators as well as drivers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Safety ratings would go a long way of homogenizing the online experience, at the moment this is dependant on the server and whether they use the insim plugin. Example being: You can be a prat on server A but if you join server B that server A doesn't share your information with, you could go and wreck a race currently.

So by bringing in the safety rating as a filter for admission to online races, there is a catch all situation. And because it can be toggled, there can still be servers for demolition derbies, cruise, etc which may have an impact on safety ratings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Push to Talk: The ability to press a button and transmit a 3-4 second maximum message with anti-spam in effect. Sometimes you need to say something that a key bind message doesn't convey and you're knee deep in the action. There could be an option have a public broadcast and a team mate broadcast. This would mean that teams can communicate without their competitors hearing.

Another offshoot is that for smaller sized grids, the server owner can toggle the ability for broadcasts to be queued if more than one person is sending a Push To Talk broadcast. For larger grids, there is the possibility that everyone is saying "Good Luck!" and the final message is played in to Lap 2, which is not ideal which is where the toggle comes in to use.

I know that some of these are being used as insim add-ons on servers but if we had all this as part of the main application, it will go a long way in making LFS more comparable to more recently released sims.
World Online!
Quote from smove :I would find it really helpful to have shown/sorted car setups by track, like it was the case in Geoff Crammond's GP Series. Maybe with an unlock-field to view setups for all tracks additionally.
At the moment, you have to choose your setup between all the tracks and track configurations and forward and reverse, which is a looooong list if you have a setup for each. Wink

An other idea (which also came with GP) is to have different onboard views (means simply more than the one slot available atm) for each car which could be customized and cycled through by pressing page up/down ...

Comments on this? Smile

I totally agree on this, but the only addition I'd make is that you can import/export setups to other tracks/combos and possibly mirror the setup if it is asymmetrical i.e. if the original setup is for a clockwise rotating track to a counter clockwise one.

These are fine details but ones that would make the overall experience more pleasant Smile
Hi! I'm very interesting in that thing. It's the most popular way in this game i mean the DRIFT. Why this game doesn't have spesical cars for that? Or just setings with the big adjustable steering angle and much more power for that?
Create please two difference specical cars for the drift you can use existing bases of cars.
Drift direction will attract more people to the game!
Quote from fscorp :Hi! I'm very interesting in that thing. It's the most popular way in this game i mean the DRIFT. Why this game doesn't have spesical cars for that? Or just setings with the big adjustable steering angle and much more power for that?
Create please two difference specical cars for the drift you can use existing bases of cars.
Drift direction will attract more people to the game!

Support +1 SmileLFS
Little reminder that under the LFS logo it's written:
The online racing simulator
I'm curious, why was Push To Pass considered a bad idea? Whether engine map change, F duct, Drs, hybrid systems or ERS, these systems are a part of top tier motor sports and not going away any time soon.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Whether engine map change, F duct, Drs, hybrid systems or ERS, these systems are a part of top tier motor sports

And why is that? Because it makes racing so exciting? Or to compensate the lack of excitement present in modern racing?
In the case of DRS (wasn't paying too much attention to F duct or KERS era F1, nor do I care too much now) probably to add safer passing without compromising safe aero setups. However, mostly because contemporary or appropriate era cars cannot be faithfully simulated without it. Whether reproductions or ersatz, you need those systems to simulate those cars, and without them you lose those players to other Sims that already can do that. LFS doesn't exist in a vacuum, as my copy of Assetto Corsa will attest.

Additionally I don't recall anyone crying this hard about the introduction of TCS to the game with the Sauber.
Safer passing could be achieved easily by other means in F1, for example the modern era cars are stupidly wide and long, that with careful driving line adjustments you can make passing impossible in monaco for example and no overtakes happen unless somebody does a mistake. I haven't followed much F1 either but they have certainly gotten more boring to watch when I have followed them. Personally I don't have anything against those systems, but I can't help but think that they are quite "cheap", as in that the passes executed with those feel too "mechanical", when driver skill doesn't play a bigger role.

There isn't many AC servers that use the DRS/KERS cars, either. Only rarely I see a Exos S1 server up with people driving, at the moment there is 1 full server but thats usually it. I prefer the older cars in AC, especially RUF Yellowbird. The community is varied in AC, since of the variation in cars too + modding scenes.

Considering how long LFS lifespan has been, AC seems to be dying out quicker. It hasn't been many years since it was released, and considering how many people are connected to AC compared to it's good days it seems like it. Feels like people would rather watch other people drive seeing as some AC videos grab up to 10k views in 2 days after video gets released, which is a shame too. I hope it won't end up in a direction where people would only join when a youtube simracer connects or wants to.

A car with DRS alone would be nicer, since there's no change in power output which would keep the playing ground a bit more leveled. Maybe also a modern day supercar with the opposite of that, a raising spoiler at around 120km/h for more rear downforce, too? Smile
Cheap sums it up perfectly, Niko. I thought the new owners might be better at seeing the bigger picture, but alas they're solving aero-related passing problems by adding... more aero. Genius. F1 is one step away from having drivers deviating from the normal line in order to collect virtual items for powerups. *weeps*.

But at least BTCC starts tomorrow Thumbs up
Quote from nikopdr :Safer passing could be achieved easily by other means in F1, for example the modern era cars are stupidly wide and long, that with careful driving line adjustments you can make passing impossible in monaco for example and no overtakes happen unless somebody does a mistake. I haven't followed much F1 either but they have certainly gotten more boring to watch when I have followed them. Personally I don't have anything against those systems, but I can't help but think that they are quite "cheap", as in that the passes executed with those feel too "mechanical", when driver skill doesn't play a bigger role.

There isn't many AC servers that use the DRS/KERS cars, either. Only rarely I see a Exos S1 server up with people driving, at the moment there is 1 full server but thats usually it. I prefer the older cars in AC, especially RUF Yellowbird. The community is varied in AC, since of the variation in cars too + modding scenes.

Considering how long LFS lifespan has been, AC seems to be dying out quicker. It hasn't been many years since it was released, and considering how many people are connected to AC compared to it's good days it seems like it. Feels like people would rather watch other people drive seeing as some AC videos grab up to 10k views in 2 days after video gets released, which is a shame too. I hope it won't end up in a direction where people would only join when a youtube simracer connects or wants to.

A car with DRS alone would be nicer, since there's no change in power output which would keep the playing ground a bit more leveled. Maybe also a modern day supercar with the opposite of that, a raising spoiler at around 120km/h for more rear downforce, too? Smile

Had a though regarding KERS and DRS while driving to work yesterday: Admittedly I wasn't paying much attention at the time, but both F-duct and KERS were developed by teams themselves, then ruled on by the FIA. F-duct was a way to get around the fixed aero rules and, while genius, required a hand off the wheel, which could be seen as dangerous. I don't recall any gnashing of teeth about it, though. DRS is pretty much the same thing, with a moving wing element relieving the pressure under the upper wing element, rather than a blown wing. With limits on where it can be used.

Where I would like to see F1 go is gas electric hybrid, where consumer cars are headed. F1 should always be a testing ground for the technologies of the future. Store up your recovered energy from braking and use THAT whenever.

I'm with you on the movable wing for braking, both in racing and super cars. A KERS sports car with a little less power than its bretheren, banking recovered energy to unleash later would be a blast, allowing someone crafty to overcome the power defficiency. A one make race then also becomes about who can best A) drive, assuming setups are equal, and B) best manage their car.
Regarding formula 1 going electric it has/is being discussed but apparently the earliest it would happen is around the year 2039 due to Formula E having an exclusive license until then blocking the move.
I said gas electric hybrid, but maybe as technology and adoption progress, seeing them go full electric would be fun. I just read about MGU-K today and it looks like hybrid tech is already a thing in F1.
Quote from bishtop :Regarding formula 1 going electric it has/is being discussed but apparently the earliest it would happen is around the year 2039 due to Formula E having an exclusive license until then blocking the move.

it remains a matter of money ... like if F1 would lack of ? Ya right Big grin Big grin
-
(Marty_Deslions) DELETED by Marty_Deslions : too quick. mb
Plis New Cars:

XFG GT TURBO = POSIBLE USE SLICK
RB4 GTR
FXO GTI
RAC GTR
LX7 GTR = POSSIBLE USE SLICK
END:

Suggested improvements log [READ before making a new thread]
(872 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG