The online racing simulator
Quote from TFalke55 :LFS PC: start the .exe , enable GUI access, start LFS and connect TV Director by using the command "/insim=xxxxx" (xxxxx is the port you've chosen in the .exe). Finally look up your system's IP adress.

The other PC: start the GUI, press connect, enable remote control, enter the LFS PC's IP and the GUI port and connect!

Got it working, thanks
The program is apparently no longer being developed?

Would be great if some things are adjustable. For example, displayed text (not only english), duration of in-car view (is currently rare and short), selectable views (for example, only TV and InCar - without front), text colors, number of list entries (current 8). Perhaps some additional Infos about the current driver (fastest lap or something like that).

This program would have a lot more potential.
If someone is interested, here is a cam-file for Fern Bay Black rev (FE4R). I've set it up for the 24h DoP race.
I've not tested very much, so there may be better spots for the cams at some points. With only one car on track it seems to be ok anyway. So, hopefully, it will be with more cars as well.
Attached files
FE4R.zip - 691 B - 1066 views
undestroyable it seems... it works for 0.6G14 with the new Westhill! Smile
Eventually it might still break or get incompatible Shrug

@ Soeren Scharf:
Do you plan to release source-code?
Might allow others to update things a bit..
Even when closed source it might be worth to put on github (or similiar) so camera files can be added. Bit hassle to search through forum for those...
Does anyone have this working on the newest version of LFS? Can't seem to figure out insim pass?
Quote from Bmxtwins :Does anyone have this working on the newest version of LFS? Can't seem to figure out insim pass?

Create a server from the game menu. InSim pass is the admin pass for the host.
Hi Whiskey, it turned out I just needed to uncheck the GUI menu to get it started, as I didn't have a GUI to connect to it.
Is there an option that in TVDirector you could have the names on top of the cars while using the software? That would help people recognize the cars on the track.
What does this program do?
Quote from pantiainen :Is there an option that in TVDirector you could have the names on top of the cars while using the software?

Probably not, because it switches LFS into Shift-F mode.
I played with this program months/years ago and was able to run it now. With LFS TV Director GUI you can switch the current car by clicking on the list and then the driver name is shown at the bottom in LFS - see the screenshot.
Attached images
lfstv.jpg
Quote from pantiainen :Is there an option that in TVDirector you could have the names on top of the cars while using the software? That would help people recognize the cars on the track.

No, there is no option to do this. The best you get is the name and position that appears on the bottom left of screen when a single driver is in view.

Quote from BeNoM :What does this program do?

It provides a different, more realistic way to stream races. You can see LFS TV Director in action in this recording that happened earlier this week (skip to 30:08 for the start of the race): https://youtu.be/2ZCNtfVkIug
Quote from mbutcher :It provides a different, more realistic way to stream races. You can see LFS TV Director in action in this recording that happened earlier this week (skip to 30:08 for the start of the race): https://youtu.be/2ZCNtfVkIug

Thanks! Smile
#589 - 3Ly
nice Smile
anybody have a Rockingham cameras for share please?
Made this one for Round 6 of Cityliga 24 (just rename it to .cam)
Attached files
RO4.txt - 574 B - 467 views
well!! tkz!!! i need RO3 but i try to move this cameras, really tkz!!
any pack of new tracks cameras for send me? now i need we2 and dont know make it. sorry
Has not yet made a cam pack for the new versions of Blackwood, Westhill and Rockingham?
Hi everyone.. I'd like to ask for WE2 as well.. actually, I tried to sort how to edit those cameras and save a file, but I guess I'm too dumb to sort it out. Does anyone have the patience to explain or can suggest some tutorial for editing those cameras? Thanks in advance Smile

EDIT: I found the doc folder with tutorials on how to edit.. the gray fields on the edit window kinda confused me to realize chat commands would be involved on this. Cool, now I will see what I can manage Smile
Quote from d_cury :Has not yet made a cam pack for the new versions of Blackwood, Westhill and Rockingham?

Hey Curi, I managed a file for WE2... it turned out better than I expected for my surprise Smile
Attached files
WE2.txt - 615 B - 443 views
Quote from Silvio Tavares :Hey Curi, I managed a file for WE2... it turned out better than I expected for my surprise Smile

Obrigado Silvio!!
Has someone RO1 cameras to share?
Quote from d_cury :Has not yet made a cam pack for the new versions of Blackwood....

Yes, director sucks on new blackwood Big grin Anyone has...? Smile

LFS TV Director, Release 0.3
(646 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG