The online racing simulator
LFSLazy
(1573 posts, started )
I agree with Neilser, as we suggested before, having some sort of shift indicator sound could be a good idea.
Lazy turns shift indicator when you exceed 95% of maximum RPM, nothing to do with LFS logic Tongue Adding sound to shift indicator should be simple enough, I'll try to do something when find some time Wink
Cool, adding sound would help enormously. When I'm driving I just don't see the little red light in the LFS console. Also, I will have to go looking for the Lazy shift indicator cos I didn't even know it had one Smile

One comment though on the RPM thing: having a simple threshold like 95% of max RPM is probably fine for many cars (e.g. FBM, BF1, FOX maybe, probably GTIs), but in others - particularly turbos like FXR, MRT, and the whole TBO class - it'll be hopeless because the shift point can be much lower. The MRT is a really extreme case (crazy torque curve), where the shift point can be around 65%!
Greetings.
Some cars like UFR, LX6 & FBM for ex. have shift points set too low.
Also it would be nice to allow configurable RPM (to suit cars with restrictions, tweaks, etc...).
Or trying to use the same as built-in auto' gearbox.

edit @Neilser : Yes, I mean within Lazy

(no moaning intended)
Quote from 1303s_vortech :Some cars like UFR, LX6 & FBM for ex. have shift points set too low.
Also it would be nice to allow configurable RPM (to suit cars with restrictions, tweaks, etc...).
Or trying to use the same as built-in auto' gearbox.

Hmm, not sure what you mean about shift points set too low - you mean within LFS, or Lazy, or Aonio? What's the symptom you are seeing?

And I have no experience with the auto box...

However, my - possibly incorrect - understanding was that the LFS-builtin shift light operates correctly regardless of restrictions. This is what makes it such a nice thing to use instead of faffing with different RPM for different cars (never mind all the different restrictions).

NB: by "operates correctly", I mean that I think it comes on when the power in the next gear up is higher than the current gear. That's probably guesswork on my part though since I'm not sure I've ever seen that written down anywhere. It does tally very well though with my observations of when it comes on, given the differing torque curves in the different cars (I also drive restricted cars like FX2 quite a bit and the optimum shift revs do indeed differ) and the nominal peak-power RPM for each.
0.6p2 update plz
^^^^
Coming later today when Im back home Wink I saw an update yesterday but I was too tired Smile
Updated! Let me know if you find any issues Smile
when user WIZARD DK joined to B2r server, user oliver feistkorn said "stop follofing me" was no hes friend list this guy or what so ever !
it is a bug from welcome message, please fix
LFSLazy crashes if I click on the Races column twice in the User Database window.
Quote from Jatimc :when user WIZARD DK joined to B2r server, user oliver feistkorn said "stop follofing me" was no hes friend list this guy or what so ever !

Not related to welcome message, its another feature that tracks when a user follows you for your protection Smile
Quote from Flame CZE :LFSLazy crashes if I click on the Races column twice in the User Database window.

Good find Thumbs up I reproduced it and will check the details tommorow.
This is sick
I especially asked so I can use custom gauges on the LX8 Smile
Quote from Neilser :I have no idea how Aonio figured out that the shift light came on of course but I'm sure Daniel will find a way Smile

OK, found it: it's DL_SHIFT in the OutGauge packets. Big grin

Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Lazy turns shift indicator when you exceed 95% of maximum RPM, nothing to do with LFS logic Tongue Adding sound to shift indicator should be simple enough, I'll try to do something when find some time Wink

I'm puzzled about why you'd use RPM instead of the built-in LFS-provided shift light (for cars that have a shift light). Am I missing something?

Quote from Neilser :Cool, adding sound would help enormously. When I'm driving I just don't see the little red light in the LFS console. Also, I will have to go looking for the Lazy shift indicator cos I didn't even know it had one Smile

Well, I found it in the dashboard setup, but I guess I'm still confused (i.e. noobish) about how the Lazy dashboard works. When I enabled it for FXR it was blank, but for the MRT I could see a working dash, although I still couldn't actually see the shift light coming on (but the dash editor did say it was activating at really high RPM).
Hello. Someone can tell me how i can make gear shift indicator for BMW M5 E60 dashboard ? I want to move gear indicator in center but when i change X, Y, Z values nothing happens.

I want to make it close as possible to real one. So, if someone have any ideas let me know Smile

Video
Hi,
It depends on the font, it size and sometime the dash area.
Try around x:~200 y:~200
You may need to modify XRdials_ALP.dds if you plan to use this size for font (let's guess it's already in your mind Wink).
Quote from 1303s_vortech :Hi,
It depends on the font, it size and sometime the dash area.
Try around x:~200 y:~200
You may need to modify XRdials_ALP.dds if you plan to use this size for font (let's guess it's already in your mind Wink).

Hello. Already try to move it in X, Y direction but gear shift just not visible in this section.
-
(Draggo) DELETED by Draggo
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :Lazy turns shift indicator when you exceed 95% of maximum RPM, nothing to do with LFS logic Tongue Adding sound to shift indicator should be simple enough, I'll try to do something when find some time Wink

Implemented shift indicator sound Smile Put a wav file in LFSLazy\Sound\shift.wav and it will play Big grin
Quote from Flame CZE :LFSLazy crashes if I click on the Races column twice in the User Database window.

Fixed this too Smile I was scratching my head for an hour, but it turned out to be really easy fix Smile

There is a new update with this stuff included.
Thanks for the update.
May I request two (three) things? Big grin

- Can you make the shift.wav playing in a loop? Because it's either you get a short shift.wav or you will have the sound playing even after you shifted.
Like: in rpm limit zone -> playing sound until reaching normal zone

- Can you make the indicators sound able to play at the same time as the shift one?
I mean, when the shift.wav is playing, indicators doesn't sound.

Thanks per advance.

(Ps: Can we have configurable shift rpm warning? Omg omg omg)
Quote from Kanade :
- Can you make the shift.wav playing in a loop? Because it's either you get a short shift.wav or you will have the sound playing even after you shifted.
Like: in rpm limit zone -> playing sound until reaching normal zone

You are right Thumbs up I'll make it looped.
I just quickly c/p code from handbrake and modified it, so that this database crash isn't the only thing in new update Tongue

Rest of questions I'll answer after I take some sleep Smile
enb
Can I have a fix for ENB? This is the actual URL of my error: http://prnt.sc/babypb , the previous URL was a joke, i used something called "ShadyURL", tinyurl except shadier.
When does this error appear? When you start LFSLazy? Until then LFSworksfine?
Quote from Neilser :OK, found it: it's DL_SHIFT in the OutGauge packets. Big grin
[...]
I'm puzzled about why you'd use RPM instead of the built-in LFS-provided shift light (for cars that have a shift light). Am I missing something?

Hi Daniel. Just wanted to check if you had noticed my post above?

LFSLazy
(1573 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG