The online racing simulator
Server runs in practice mode from now, until the event proper starts.
Quote from ACCAkut :Interesting touch including the Cobra, if only they had the same helpful attitude towards the rest of the Modding forum, maybe that will come once the 1.0 is out.

To be honest I can't really see any other mods getting the dev's attention. Though it looks like the Mazda 787B is going to hit that level since it already looks badass. Oh and maybe the MX-5 too. The Cobra was a top mod quality-wise and it was a great act from the devs to sort it out this way. That should inspire modders to do quality job. Most of the current mods is junk. :|

Half an hour but it's worth watching.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :

Half an hour but it's worth watching.

More English Tracks, Oulton Park......Oh yes please

Fordie
Downloading the vid ...
BTW, I do not see any mention of weather ... no rain planned in AC ? I have lots of fun doing some uncontrolled drift on dusty traks , I supose a rainy environment should not be out of possibilities for those guys
No rain in 1.0, probably not for a long time after that either.
Attached images
ac-rain-comment.jpg
I am not convinced by the speech, anyway ... up to them to do it or not ! I still hope seeing it into LFS one day ^^

PS : not to mention that they bought Nordschleife and Spa licenses and they do not want to put rain into the game ? hum hum ... no comment
Yeah yeah! Laserscanned nordschleife. How can they say no to rain after that?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :
Quote from ACCAkut :Interesting touch including the Cobra, if only they had the same helpful attitude towards the rest of the Modding forum, maybe that will come once the 1.0 is out.

The Cobra was a top mod quality-wise and it was a great act from the devs to sort it out this way. That should inspire modders to do quality job. Most of the current mods is junk. :|

I'd count myself to the producers of junk mods then Still like to know how to set shaders for glass and/or lights in the editor tho
looks like I will have to mount the Wheel to do some laps tonight
I can see the changelog, but no update yet

here's the changelog:

1.0.0 RC
- Assetto Corsa is now feature complete
- General bugfixing and performance optimizations
- Visual damages enabled
- Aero damage implemented for all cars
- Engine damage implemented for all cars
- Suspension damage implemented for all cars
- Tyre Damage System
- Pit stop implemented for online races
- Multiplayer improvements
- New audio engine implemented
- New post processing effects enabled, heat shimmering, god rays etc
- New car : Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde model 2013
- New car : Ferrari 458 GT2
- New car : Ferrari LaFerrari
- New car : Lotus 2 Eleven GT4
- New car : Lotus Evora GTE Carbon
- New car : Lotus Exige S
- New car : Lotus Exige V6 CUP
- New car : Mercedes AMG SLS GT3
- New car : Shelby Cobra 427SC
- New track : Silverstone National
- New track : Spa Francorchamps
- New track : Trento Bondone hillclimb
- Audio sample improvements and volume balancing
- Added track reverb zones
- Fixed Traction Control always engaged in particular conditions
- TC and ABS factory settings now work properly
- Tuned distance filter and attenuation for exterior sounds
- Balanced performances for GT2/GT3 cars
- Lotus 49, Lotus 98T, Ferrari 312T have lower default rev limiters. Can go over 100% but damage may occur on higher revs
- Improvements on digital instruments cockpits for various cars
- Added track sound reverb
- Added different sounds for car to car, car to objects and car to track collisions
- Improvements on automatic gearbox on various cars
- All the tracks have been improved and updated with collidable objects
- Overall interior samples volume correction and balance
- Overall exterior samples volume correction
- Tuned wind and tyre rolling volumes and curves
- Tuned kerb pitch and volume according with speed
- Tuned ambience(crowd) volume
- Tuned interior and exterior gearshift sounds
- Steer animations for Ferrari 458 S3
- Small fix on the front Pagani Zonda R tyres
- LOD4 implemented to increase framerate performances
- Drivetrain damage for cars with H shifter gearboxes.
- Traction control sound now works for all cars
- Showroom bugfixing and improvements
- Added tyre blankets under realism tab. The setting is global for all cars and pre heats tyres at 80 C
- Career now available
- New 3D driver models
- BMW Z4 GT3 aero balancing, rear wings stalls more on low values
- New TCP/UDP server
- All tyres have graining and blistering enabled
- All tyres have rim radius
- Fixed all F1 cameras for all vehicles
- Fixed all F6 cameras for all vehicles
- GUI improvements
- Driver animations improvements
- Replay now records the current leaderboard
- Oculus DK2 support
- Single player Qualify improved

Reason enough to fire it up.

Edit, Downloading the update now. Well timed.
omg ... 3.1Go ...at 50Ko/s I let you imagine
edit : 300Ko/s now ... 1.9Go left ^^
I haven't played AC for a while, I didn't even try previous update with the new ffb, so this will be a big leap for me.
I'm most curious about the new sound engine. Just in case, to keep the sound files, I made a backup of the whole car folder.

Eight cars, three tracks ...I like

edit: 666k/bit but 3 GB ...
Every time I update AC my Nod32 tells me it's a virus at very last stage, when downloanding ACserver.exe so just a reminder for people with same antivirus, disable it, because the update will fail to download and time gets lost.
I got that thing too, so I just restored it from the quarantine. The update seems to be downloading fine after it. So I'll see when it finishes.
The Rift DK2 support is a complete joke. Requires setting Rift as primary monitor, tracking and scale is completely off too. It's like they put zero efforth in it.
Trento hillclimb missing?

E: It's not in the hotlap mode but it can be found in practice mode.
download stopped at 40% with an error, and after a Steam Refresh the whole client won't connect anymore.
"cannot join server: no available slots"
=can not play online...

Also the collision sounds were bizarre against ai. Sometimes there is no sound when you hit them and when there is a sound it comes late...
Has anyone got a good brake setting for G25 pedals? On the default setting it seems to go from no braking to locked brakes in about 10% of the travel, for some of the cars.
Multiplayer still a load of buggy un-user-friendly crap.
Well the career mode is exactly the same shit as gran turismo. "Super insanely easy win it in T1 and hotlap the rest of the race alone" kind of grind where you need to do something like 3/5 of the races to "progress" to the next level. Useless crap gimmick feature imho.

The flatspot ffb is kinda good kinda bad. At first I thought it was ffb bug . I love it from realism pov but at the same time I'm really worried how long or soon that ffb vibration will destroy my ffb racing wheel. Plus having that feature will just make racing without abs even less possible. Now abs is so much faster that racing without abs is something like 1-1,4s handicap per lap at least. Not to mention you are really easy to pass in the longer braking zones. Add flatspot vibrations and basically we have situation where the game is basically designed to be driven with abs. I don't mind giving that ~1s away to drive without abs but I don't want to destroy my wheel with the ffb vibrations...

Also collisions sounds are imho broken. There is some strange lag, sometimes no collision sounds at all and at one point I did not even hit anyone and the game made a sound like someone just opened can of beer on the backseat.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG