The online racing simulator
Server's Up if anybody interested.

Mercedes SLS
19 Slots
Server Name = T7R Mercedes Challenge
Tracks, Blackwood, Donington, Brands Indy, Brands Hatch, Silverstone
No Password

Fordie
i tried to join but all the time it kicks me.
After-patch placebo is wearing down a bit.. but i'm still not sure this was an improvement when it comes to FFB and tires..
IDK, I like it. I was able to drift the new SLS with ease on the first try.. I think that says a lot about how close it is to LFS. (which in my opinion has the best FF ever)
Quote from Nadeo4441 :IDK, I like it. I was able to drift the new SLS with ease on the first try.. I think that says a lot about how close it is to LFS. (which in my opinion has the best FF ever)

I don't know, after a long time I played LFS few days ago and the FFB felt bad.
It's different. A lot smoother than AC. (Might be because the tracks are really flat..)
Quote from Nadeo4441 :It's different. A lot smoother than AC. (Might be because the tracks are really flat..)

Yes, also AC's FFB has more effects.
Remember to change the frames_ahead thingy back to =1 for less steering lag.
You mean max frame latency? It hasn't been changing to 0 for a good number of patches..
Quote from Boris Lozac :You mean max frame latency? It hasn't been changing to 0 for a good number of patches..

It didn't this patch, but it did the last patch. Its the first thing I check for now

Fordie
Where should the setting be? I just reinstalled AC and can't find DX11.ini in cfg folder. Did they put it into another ini?
Steamapps>common>Assetto Corsa>System>cfg Graphics.ini
Thanks Sinbad... A lot less lag now.
It's unplayable imo without that adjustment. I literally can't believe they "ship it" like they do.
Quote from sinbad :It's unplayable imo without that adjustment. I literally can't believe they "ship it" like they do.

Well, it's a Kunos product.
i cant find graphics.ini in my cfg file..

any ideas?

ive looked in mydocs aswell and its not there either
Might be looking in wrong folder then! It's not ac\cfg,but in ac\system\cfg
Quote from Eclipsed :Might be looking in wrong folder then! It's not ac\cfg,but in ac\system\cfg

Which is in the c:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Assetto Corsa location, not the one you might find in your "Users\XXXX\Documents\Assetto Corsa" location.
Mixed Class for the Merc
Been doing some testing yesterday and today with some interesting results, although might be obvious.

I chose the following, kept the same grid but varied the tracks:

Mercedes x 3
Lotus GTE x 3
Lotus Exige S x 3
X-Bow x 3
Shelby Cobra x 2
Used only tracks by Kudos (10 laps)

The X-Box ran away in the short tracks, but in the longer tracks, it was only slightly quicker. The SLS, Cobra and the 2 Lotus's was lapping within a second of each other, on all tracks.

Although the Cobra and SLS are quicker, the Lotus's surpassed them on braking, so it evened the field up.

Now only now have I seen how crap the AI actually is in AC. If I drove like that online, I would be kicked in seconds, but this was just a basic test. What I also did was to run 10 laps on each. This gave the AI time to space out a little bit instead of hitting each other, and the lap times was consistent.

So now for the real test. Going to set my server up with a mix of the following, maximum 19 slots, but will be using UK Tracks.

Mercedes x 4
Lotus GTE x 5
Lotus Exige S x 5
Shelby Cobra x 4

If you want to use the Cobra, ... r it to work with 0.22 AC

The tracks can be found here :

Hopefully will see you online. Once I get the server up and running and tested, will post details here.

Regards

Fordie
I noticed the increased lag also in the lastest builds. Especially in cockpit view.
I got to try that Istanbul Park from scratch, my god it's good. It's like official content.. He'll release it to public soon.
I can't drive any other road car after doing couple of races with SLS, it feels like the physics is completely wrong in every car apart from the SLS.
Server's Up....Search T7R in AC...no password

Fordie
I got to like this fat car, still wish it gave me more feedback but i guess that's how it is irl..

A lap on Brno (still my favorite custom track)

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG