The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :Fast forward? And please for the love of god people, turn off those awfull G force and camera move effects, at least for videos

I don't really mind them...
Quote from CardsetCrazy :I think he meant only "auto clutch, cause two pedals." But he just added that blip thing in a same sentence. But yeah I agree. If you are using left foot braking, then just blip with right foot and with right foot braking use heel-toe

Blip too.. I honestly can't be blipping with two peddals, and they're already fragile and prone to spiking enough, without me blipping just to be a more respectful simmer..
Was never a H shiftazz loving guy, it's time for all cars to switch to flappy pedals and focus on, actual driving and racing lines, then leaving your hands off the wheel all the time. It's not hardcore and the 'right way', it's obsolete..
Well that was some seriously awesome racing on troy's server. Especially the last z4 races on blackwood were just epic. I even tried to save on the replays but ac decided that showing 15 seconds of imola scenery is what I want to save and not that awesome 3/4-way battle in blackwood...

I wish the game had some autosave feature and I could just go to the folder after an online session and delete all the replays I don't want. It's not like I care about 200mb replay size if I have like 1tb to spare...
Same problem, I've tried to save some too but it was imola, I guess the replays don't get written properly if the server is in non booking mode, it used to work with booking on.

And yes, thanks for the races had a great time, netcode looked pretty good too.

edit: Looks like you need to leave the server for the replay to get created correctly, the very last before we left was saved properly. Just tested it, cr file only gets created with proper data once I leave the server.
Yes, the netcode improved a lot. Cars are no longer jumping around or make silly moves. Even Rony's 3G connection with 160+ ping was totally fine. Contacts are much better as well, you're no longer sent to the moon after a tiny bump. Also, I reported a bug yesterday and they fixed it in an hour, impressive.
"Don't worry guys, server controlled assists and damage are on the way this week."(c)Aris

Racing with 98t will be much more interesting and realistic
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Even Rony's 3G connection with 160+ ping was totally fine. Contacts are much better as well, you're no longer sent to the moon after a tiny bump.

But still - somehow it didn't feel right,maybe because of lacking damage physics.
I'll have to join you guys one night because all the servers I've joined have been a total joke netcode-wise. I spectated (with a 36ms ping) a car with an 18ms ping, around Monza, and it pointed in the same direction for the entire lap. Then at the race start half the field instantly disappeared, and half of those that were left ended up driving a few a hundred feet in the air (above me) and there were clouds of smoke poofing into view all over the sky. It looked like WW2.
lol wasn't that bad for me but I am underwhelmed with mp online still at the moment. Has been some good improvements but have to agree with Eclipsed experience doesn't feel real.
Hope AC gets some iRental like damage, where even small crash often means your race is over
Quote from kars19 :Hope AC gets some iRental like damage, where even small crash often means your race is over

Or GPL! Nurburgring was a killer but I couldn't bear to turn the damage off.
Quote from kars19 :Hope AC gets some iRental like damage, where even small crash often means your race is over

Or when you get hit in the rear bumper and your steering is gone.

Well I hope not. In iracing I remember several times when there is a slow car for example and you pass him and you never get closer than 1 meter and you still get wheel damage. Or when banging wheels you always get damage.

I really think ac should work on the netcode more before adding damage. In online racing there are always people who never brake into T1 and most of the time if there was damage at least half of the field is done. At least ac could add a gt5 style system where obvious wreckers who are never going to stop would turn invisible before ploughing into pack of cars.
Quote from Hyperactive :Well I hope not. In iracing I remember several times when there is a slow car for example and you pass him and you never get closer than 1 meter and you still get wheel damage. Or when banging wheels you always get damage.

I really think ac should work on the netcode more before adding damage. In online racing there are always people who never brake into T1 and most of the time if there was damage at least half of the field is done. At least ac could add a gt5 style system where obvious wreckers who are never going to stop would turn invisible before ploughing into pack of cars.

I think more hard core the damage is the more people will try to avoid contact

Quote :In online racing there are always people who never brake into T1 and most of the time if there was damage at least half of the field is done

You can easily avoid that by not playing in the random public servers

Btw Reliant Robin is released, shame on the roll over physics

http://www.racedepartment.com/ ... /reliant-robin-mk-1.2795/
troy-server up tonight?

i like 458s3 btw.
Yeah come on Troy....we need to get the Reilant Bad Boy going

Fordie
I'm up for some tonight if possible. Let me know what installations to installate.
I have a test server up with the Reliant Robin @ Silverstone. No clue if the server works, but it's running. Search for Reliant Robin Fun. Only 7 slots with my commie net, though.
Quote from sinbad :I'm up for some tonight if possible. Let me know what installations to installate.

As Da Hoe said, just get them all. Regarding cars, get the Ibiza, Shelby and Robin...That Robin does look like a bit of fun. I won't be home til later

Fordie
All the tracks? Why bother with the crap nobody actually drives? I have enough crap tracks to delete already
I was hoping someone would narrow it down based on what you guys might be driving tonight.
Cars-wise I have the Cobra and the Ibiza already, not much interest in the others unless vital.
Quote from troy :Yes, the plan is to run a freejoin server tonight, with the latest update you don't need anything anymore on client side, while I as server owner can switch cars and tracks when I run it.

I'll turn it on in about an hour, will create an event on the ac steamgroup too.

edit: https://www.lfsforum.net/showt ... php?p=1862500#post1862500 for the tracks I usually run
edit2: event posted: http://steamcommunity.com/grou ... events/210859433368482606

You don't need freejoin anymore??

Fordie
Quote from sinbad :All the tracks? Why bother with the crap nobody actually drives? I have enough crap tracks to delete already
I was hoping someone would narrow it down based on what you guys might be driving tonight.
Cars-wise I have the Cobra and the Ibiza already, not much interest in the others unless vital.

At least get the latest blackwood and gentrack.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... 12021/page-11#post-207259
http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... hreads/gen-track-1.10277/

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG