The online racing simulator
Ok, last post about this car for me. If you really think this car is any good I challenge you to install rfactor and historix mod and drive the cobra there and then come back and say this is even half decent. There, done.
Ye I've set shadows to medium, which is a good compromise I think. That is just a general guide line of course, the most important part is the nvidia inspector bit, which gets rid of all the aliasing the assetto engine produces.
Quote from Hyperactive :I still think it drives like crap. It is gtr2 all over again. Too much grip on low slip angles, impossible to spin on power and once it goes countersteering makes it only spin faster. If you can keep it on the pre-programmed low slip angle it is super easy to drive but once it goes you might just as well get up and go crab a burrito while waiting for the car to stop spinning around.

You are doing something wrong mate
There is no pre-programmed low slip angles, just your slow hands to blame
Quote from Hyperactive :Ok, last post about this car for me. If you really think this car is any good I challenge you to install rfactor and historix mod and drive the cobra there and then come back and say this is even half decent. There, done.

They coming to AC..
Lets wait few months and compare it.

one more thing, simple as this
If u dont like it, dont drive it.
I dont like iracing/rfactor 2 and i dont drive that...its arcade for me ( now we could speak all day long what is arcade and what isnt arcade,pointless)
Does anyone here know how to model cars? Built myself a physics and sound replica of this out of that Forza-clone 911.

Attached images
Zwischenablage01.jpg
Quote from Da Hoe :could be because he is driving with 900° and iirc you arent, thats why you can drift so easily.

I was driving 900 deg since like ever and it's not really a challenge to catch a slide in any of the simulators really.
was just a guess, havent tried the cobra myself yet.

all i know is, that it's much harder for me to catch slides since i got a g27 using 900° (momo racing before with 240° or something). and i think i remember kristaps saying some time ago, that he doesnt use 900° and perhaps hyperactive uses 900°.

i know there are people who can catch easily even with using 900°, it just makes it much easier using less rotation.
Quote from kars19 :You are doing something wrong mate
There is no pre-programmed low slip angles, just your slow hands to blame

When you will swap from yours 520° too 900° then I take your posts and vids serius again.
No offense , but i realy liked your vids untill u posted this.

E:
Quote from kars19 :520° + clutch + h-shifter

900 is too much for me, feels like I am driving a truck

For the Cobra I use 510
For the F40 - 490
For drift cars, slow cars, fwd - 540
only for the single seaters I use 1:1 steering
love the fast race
nobody blames the mouse or joystick users, they have insanely fast steering
Quote from kars19 :

Quote from kars19 :900 is too much for me, feels like I am driving a truck

For the Cobra I use 510
For the F40 - 490
love the fast race

Then you shouldn't talk about catching slides etc. if you are using almost half of the steering lock what others are using.
Quote from kars19 :900 is too much for me, feels like I am driving a truck

For the Cobra I use 510
For the F40 - 490
love the fast race

dafaq bro
Didn't know that using lower racks is a no no is simracing world
I am also cheating IRL, bought z3 rack for my e30 with 2,7 turns lock to lock, costs pretty penny, but it's worth it was 3,2(e36 rack) before, originally 4 turns form lock to lock.
Quote from kars19 :
I am also cheating IRL, bought z3 rack for my e30 with 2,7 turns lock to lock,

So 972°?
I've experienced this point of no return buritto slide.. You can't even attempt to catch it, it's like you disconnected the steering wheel. Happens on higher speeds only.. Have no idea if it's realistic or not.
YAY !!!! Guess who 's home early...Time to get this Cobra and Porsche shit going on
Fordie
I'm also one of the 540° rotation users, Niels Heusinkveld did a very good video explaining why 900° rotation with the G25/27 FFB motors is not the preferred thing to do. I can't find it right now, just an earlier one without him commenting over the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XgQm_fITok If somebody still knows where the other one is post it!

But in a nutshell the FFB motor is just not fast enough to cope with what is expected from him at 900° or 720° he mentions (in the video I can't find anymore) that the first degree of rotation that does what it's supposed to do is 540, thats why I went there back in the days.
Quote from troy :I'm also one of the 540° rotation users, Niels Heusinkveld did a very good video explaining why 900° rotation with the G25/27 FFB motors is not the preferred thing to do. I can't find it right now, just an earlier one without him commenting over the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XgQm_fITok If somebody still knows where the other one is post it!

But in a nutshell the FFB motor is just not fast enough to cope with what is expected from him at 900° or 720° he mentions (in the video I can't find anymore) that the first degree of rotation that does what it's supposed to do is 540°, thats why I went there back in the days.

Ohh interesting Troy, as I felt that when I upgraded from Momo to G27 it wasn't as responsive as the momo, and this would explain why.

So in your profile you have 540 set, and in game?

Fordie
540 profiler and 540 in game, I'm not sure if that is the best way to go about it though, some cars feel rather snappy with it (599XX Evo for example) but 90% of them feel ok for me. Maybe there is somebody with more knowledge on how AC is handling wheel rotation able to comment on this.
Personally I just use between 560-700 depending what car I drive. I have configured the wheel as 900 (903 to be exact, I did not bother trying to chance the last tenth of pixel to get it to 900) in the game and I just use the fanatec tuning menu to change the rotation while driving so it feels fast enough. My wheel is Fanatec 911 turbo s which is basically the same as fanatec csr/gt2/gt3 and probably the only major difference to a G25/7 is the diameter (it is also a belt drive).

If someone has the "ffb rotation quickness" image from iracing forum that shows the different wheels then please post them here. From that pic it should be possible to tell how fast different wheels.

As for ac and G25/7 you could set it to 900 in the game and then do this with your g25/7s: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/ ... ck-settings-guide.286646/ to change the sensitivety

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG