The online racing simulator
The LFS forum, where people drive fantasy tracks all the time on their favorite sim but refuse to accept those anywhere else.
Quote from lamerr :Just got this game the other day, I am wondering how do I setup an online server? I just want to drive some laps around the Ring with a friend in practice mode. I tried searching for a guide, but it seems really complicated? Help needed thanks!

It can be confusing copy the stuff below and put it in you server config file.

[SERVER]
NAME=*********
CARS=bmw_z4_gt3;bmw_m3_e30_gra;lotus_evora_gtc;ferrari_312t
TRACK=brno;prato_long;gentrack1;nurburgring;aosta_grand_sport_v2.0 ; tracks allowed on the server - always use lower case characters
SUN_ANGLE=-8
MAX_CLIENTS=3
RACE_OVER_TIME=10
PORT=9600
HTTP_PORT=8075
REGISTER_TO_LOBBY=1
LOOP_MODE=1
PASSWORD=********
ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=-1
VOTING_QUORUM=75 ;; percentage of vote that is required for the vote to pass
VOTE_DURATION=20 ;; time in seconds players must respond to voting
BLACKLIST_MODE=0 ;; ban player -> 0 = for session duration, 1 = until server restart, 2 = for ever
[BOOK]
NAME=Booking
TIME=1
[QUALIFY]
NAME=Qualify
TIME=3
WAIT_TIME=15
[RACE]
NAME=Race
LAPS=5
WAIT_TIME=15

Change the asterisk to a server name and the other as a password.
Make sure you open the ports on your router.
God luck
Quote from JackDaMaster :Someone needs to ask Kunos on twitter if the 12C has all the electronic stuff. It's all fairly easy to model but you would need some supplied real life values and I'm not sure if the manufacturers would be willing to give that stuff away.

Quote from amp88 :https://twitter.com/amp8888/status/484374594707791873

Quote from Stefano Casillo :As with other cars, we always try to go the extra mile but it all depends on the data we receive from manufacturers.

Source

Perhaps not surprising, but disappointing anyway.
The fundamental problem here isn't data access. Does the engine support it?
Quote from Klouczech :The track is wrong.
I dont say it looks so bad.

Not that wrong, i would say two sections maybe are off, otherwise a very good job.

I've made a similar camera position to the real X-Bow onboard video..

Mine

Real
So close but no cigar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch? ... ailpage&v=-h09UvZ4bEI
(that is not official account just in case you have low iq)

Quote from Keling :The fundamental problem here isn't data access. Does the engine support it?

Well the Z4 and the abarth 500 have electronic diff of sorts so even if the code doesn't support fully eletronic 4wd cars yet there is already some support for the computer gimmicks. But even in the z4 I just hate the edl. It just kicks the car into understeer when you have gotten the car into perfect slide and turned into a corner...
Anyone have some Oculus tips for me? I know the rendering in AC is flawed for the DK1, but I think I've read somewhere that someone did something to make it better....
^^^ Unreal ^^^^

Now all we need is Scawen to cast some of his multiplayer netcode wizardry towards AC -that would be even more lovely !
Cheers,
Rob
That actually looks really nice.. Gonna give it a shot tomorrow I think
I wonder if he let tiago convert it becUse it was a demo track.. Either way.. My thanks goes to him.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Not that wrong, i would say two sections maybe are off, otherwise a very good job.

I've made a similar camera position to the real X-Bow onboard video..

Mine

Real

He's racing it in real car often and also I had an opportunity to do some laps around this circuit and I don't think the track conversion is real. It's just wrong, it feels wrong, there are things implemented that you do not encounter in real life.

Not gonna say any bad word to moder's effort, tho.
Quote from R3DMAN :I wonder if he let tiago convert it becUse it was a demo track.. Either way.. My thanks goes to him.

I think that is indeed the reason. It is not exactly the first time blackwood is being converted. It has been converted for rfactor and rfactor2 (maybe even for nkpro too at some point?!). There is probably a thread about it somewhere here too.

edit: time flies: https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=10168
It did exist in NKPro, and also in Netkar Namie before that.
Quote from Mysho :He's racing it in real car often and also I had an opportunity to do some laps around this circuit and I don't think the track conversion is real. It's just wrong, it feels wrong, there are things implemented that you do not encounter in real life.

Not gonna say any bad word to moder's effort, tho.

I wasn't denying that, i'm just saying it's 'close enough' for a first effort, and it doesn't feel completely off when you compare it with real videos.. enjoying it immensely

Had another go..
That looks like some race ready version? We certainly don't have a rear wing in AC, I would guess they run proper slicks too which we don't have either.
Aha.
I thought racing cars were supposed to look good.
In that you are mistaken. They're supposed to be quick, not look good. Hence Formula 1...
any one interested On having a race in blacwood with fiat 500 ?
What's wrong with those Xbows? I think they look gorgeus, apart from the skins.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG