The online racing simulator
And just for you Undertaker...if you lived in Zagreb

You would need around 16,273.07kn (1,721.20£) in Zagreb to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 4,100.00£ in London (assuming you rent in both cities)

Consumer Prices in Zagreb are 39.68% lower than in London
Consumer Prices Including Rent in Zagreb are 58.02% lower than in London Rent Prices in Zagreb are 82.74% lower than in London
Restaurant Prices in Zagreb are 51.61% lower than in London
Groceries Prices in Zagreb are 37.54% lower than in London
Local Purchasing Power in Zagreb is 35.53% lower than in London

So even if the salaries are higher, you cost of living is lower...a lot lower

Fordie
Getting nightmares of AtomAnt suddenly.
let's all make love in AC :grouphug: Everyone lives somewhere and has to deal with it...

If someone from Africa (lucky enough to live in better part of society with internet connection) is reading this first world problems it must make a good laugh to that person.

By the way - My philosophy about sim racing studios. As long as Kunos, Scawen, Simbin, woever does the job, to actually bring us enthusiastic simulator as Kunos did, I have absolutely no problem to pay a full price. I really do not throw my money away to Call of Duty for example, but you can see Kunos is small studio and they are at least trying and I think it goes very very well. So there shouldn't be a problem with sales, it's their choice and I payed my debt to them by buying it for full price and I do not regret, because they're expanding and right now I'm seeing they're working @ Nordschleife to get us the laser scanned 20km+ of legendary track - I think it's great someone is finally doing it!! (and there is more, this is just an example)
Let's skip the bullsh*t talk with the earnings.. they landed on the Ring today, so i can't see it coming in like 5 months lol, let alone september.. anyone has an insight in how long that process can take if they just started the laser scanning?
I understood it was scanned already ?

Its quite possible they've gone back to take reference photos, or to compare driving what they have in the game at the moment compares with the real thing.
Quote :"The next update of Assetto Corsa Early Access is scheduled for 18th July and it should include the long awaited Lotus 98T. As already known, Assetto Corsa AI, utilizes the same physics model used by the player. With more than 1000 horse power and tons of downforce produced by this amazing grand prix car, the AI finds it very challenging keeping a proper racing line. The reasons will be clear to you too, when you will try staying on track while driving this unbelievably fast and “raw” racing car. We are working to improve AI interactions and hopefully we'll be able to include the Lotus 98T in next update and include AI enhancements to the sim."

From AC facebook, not a big fan of single seaters, but 98T should be pretty mental.
Hope they nail the physics and noobs will cry in forum how difficult is to handle that beast
I'll be interested to see how much downforce the 98T generates too (given that they have the official license, I assume they'll have technical input too, so should be pretty accurate).
-
(Boris Lozac) DELETED by Boris Lozac
Quote from amp88 :I'll be interested to see how much downforce the 98T generates too (given that they have the official license, I assume they'll have technical input too, so should be pretty accurate).

They said laptimes will be slower then Exos T125
Quote from kars19 :They said laptimes will be slower then Exos T125

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised (due to developments in a few areas). Just want to see what figures they use though.
Sorry guys had a few techincal issue's with the server and freejoin, but I think these have been resolved now.

Just going to do a few more checks, and if anybody is up for some racing tonight, I will provide the password shortly

Regards

Fordie
Anybody available for a race and testing for me?

Cheers

Fordie
Quote from Boris Lozac :Have you tried Brno?! It literally is at the level of original tracks, just a bit more polish.. Fantastic.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/downl ... kqpc8yk51rut/brnoV1.0.zip

Seriously Boris?
Only good thing is the mesh quality, but the track graphically is no where near KS standards, It's worse then average rF port just look at the curbs, such low rez. like it's from 1998
Agree that the track/layout itself is good, but need some sirius polishing, 3d grass and shit

Imho so far the best looking in my list >
Ring by Snoopy
Newbury by SandroX
Joux Plane by Kegetys
Dragon Range by Dori
Dorifto mountain by Doge
I seriously have to disagree.. We are biased for snoopys ring cause it's a, ring, but it's a very low quality regarding everything other then the track itself, even the track is awfull now, the tarmac when sun points at it..
I don't know i'm loving this.. very clean looking, just needs some polish.
Best looking mod track thus far is Gen Track 1, but it won't get any cred around here because it's fantasy.

Brno is by the same guy so I suspect it's quite good.
Ok, nvm... doesn't look great, but it's definitely a blast to drive.
Surprised nobody said anything about the GT86 posted on their FB.
Propably just a 'Ring rental car, but who knows...

The GT86 or a Toyota License is the only "spoiler" about that picture. We already knew Nords is coming.
Quote from kars19 :
Imho so far the best looking in my list >
Ring by Snoopy -> Regarding the size of track he has to deal with, very good
Newbury by SandroX -> he finalyzed the SDK track, boohoo
Joux Plane by Kegetys -> great track, but nothing extraordinary qualitywise
Dragon Range by Dori -> weird layout with a terrible performance
Dorifto mountain by Doge -> great track, but again very simple

there are numerous tracks that I'd judge higher then those. Portimao for example, or both GT recreations (Trail Mountain, Autumn Ring)

A lot of the stuff currently under development looks very promising. I personally am waiting for Joux Plane like tracks. People just started contacting creators of rally tracks for RSRBR and RFactor for conversion allowance.

Quote from PMD9409 :Surprised nobody said anything about the GT86 posted on their FB.

its a Ring rental car. We just had the Alfa announcement, so I don't expect anything else until the next car comes in a Patch.
We thrive on speculation, though. :-) I would love to get my car in the game!
Ditto!
Quote from atledreier :We thrive on speculation

What...us...the LFS community that holds it breathe on every post the Devs make and love to speculate.....no we dont

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :What...us...the LFS community that holds it breathe on every post the Devs make and love to speculate.....no we dont

Fordie

Let's just say the news about the development of the game is a new thing for most of us here...

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG