The online racing simulator
Quote from TAUTV1S :Hello.
My first post in this thread, so sorry for a little spam.
I'm using Canon eos 500d with kit 18 - 55mm lens, but some photos are done with 50mm f1.8, which i recently broke down.

Puikios nuotraukos, Erikai. Gražios kompozicijos, ir kaip jau aukščiau manęs asmuo minėjo, fainas post-production. Spalvos gražios, tik gal vietom biški dar su saturacija ir kontrastu pažaist reiktų, bet apart to puiki fotografija.
One more …

Way too many photos from a long, cold weekend in Utah:

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Way too many photos from a long, cold weekend in Utah

Wow, just wow. Especially the last one. Great pictures of a beautiful landscape. :eye-poppi
quick shot with my htc one x
Well hasn't this thread quite grown up lol.

Then again so has my equipment, unsure if these pictures will be visible, if not let me know!
I don't get out much anymore.. then again I guess I never did lol

Quote from DeadWolfBones :First thing to do is get a Giottos Rocket Blower and do a dry cleaning. This will get most of what's on there. I've only had to wet-clean the sensor on any of my cameras a total of twice in all my years of shooting.

If that doesn't work, I like the Copper Hill Method: http://www.copperhillimages.com/?pr=Tutorials2

If you do a wet cleaning like the one above, my best advice is to be conservative. It's easy to get too aggressive and scratch something by accident. So take your time, be careful, and breathe deeply. You know: measure twice, cut once.

Got the Rocket Blower and the sensor seems to be clean now – at least I can't identify any grain of dust on it. But there still are some ugly spots in the pictures ... I'm afraid these come from inside the lens system ... Is there anything one can do about that?

Or is it possible there are still particles on the sensor, even if they seem to be invisible?
Quote from smove :Got the Rocket Blower and the sensor seems to be clean now – at least I can't identify any grain of dust on it. But there still are some ugly spots in the pictures ... I'm afraid these come from inside the lens system ... Is there anything one can do about that?

Or is it possible there are still particles on the sensor, even if they seem to be invisible?

It can be very difficult to determine whether or not the sensor is clean, just by eyesight. Try taking some test shots to see how many spots there are on your pictures. You can do that by taking pictures of something with a white background, like a white wall or a piece of paper, just make sure it's a clean and even surface without holes or spots on it. I usually do it by shooting in aperture priority and at the minimum aperture possible (i.e. f/22 or higher). And I then set focus to manual and use the shortest focus distance. Make sure to fill the frame with whatever background you're using and then take a sample shot. To help determine whether it's the sensor or the lens that is dirty, you can try using to different lenses. If the spots remain in the same places even when using different lenses, then it's the sensor that is dirty.

Keep in mind that no matter how well you clean your sensor, there will most likely always be some visible spots when shooting at such a low aperture. When I have cleaned my sensor and I'm happy with the result, I usually take some shots that are closer to a real-life situation, using a more reasonable aperture. I almost never use smaller than f/12, so this is where I typically test it to see whether I can pick up any spots using that. Using the extreme end of the minimum aperture scale will almost always cause you to see some sort of spots, so that's why I do this.

But once I can't see any spots on the sensor within my normal aperture range, then I'm done cleaning the sensor.
Some shots from the 24 Hours of LeMons at NJMP last Saturday:

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Some shots from the 24 Hours of LeMons at NJMP last Saturday

Ha, these are hilarious! Great panning shots by the way.
Quote from smove :Ha, these are hilarious! Great panning shots by the way.

Thank you! Took some practice to get it right.
This last page (on 50 posts per page) has been pretty damn fantastic
Haha, nice shots there Ben.
Some more:

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Some more

Looks like the funniest motoring event ever! The attention to detail on the cars is immense! Brilliant photography as usual.

Has anyone here attended to LeMons in the past?
Some shots from the paddock, to change it up a bit:

Time to lower the standard of photos.....sorry. Was over for the Isle of Man TT races again this year.

Nice stuff, Mackie!
Love the second one!

A few from Montreal:

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG